Hannah Montana Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2011)

Moliver Thread #5

HugzxNxKissesxo

[121]Nov 8, 2007
    • level: 16
    lol i feel that way too
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

rl564411

[122]Nov 8, 2007
    • level: 3
    Though I'm a Loliver fan, I gotta say that Moliver is cute too. I can see Moliver happening more than Loliver though. We'll see.

Kathryn1988

[123]Nov 9, 2007

I just watched Torn Between Two Hannah's again today. And I gotta say, we actually got a lot of hintage towards Moliver in that ep. I didnt really realize it until today.

1. Oliver makes it a POINT to comment that Miley and Luann look so much alike -- "It's amazing how much you and Miley look alike"

2. After previous comment, he proceeds to hit on Luann -- "Where have you been all my life?"

3. He tells Miley about their date -- "Ya know, this is gonna make my date with her tomorrow night a little awkward."

4. When they walk into the Hannah-fied Holloween party Oliver says "I had a dream like this once..." He goes on to say it was about Jessica Simpson, but I think he threw that in there so he wouldn't weird her out.

5. The way he grabs onto her when they aren't sure which is the real Miley - It's just cute.

6. He comes up with the "both of you kiss me" thing to tell who was the real Miley. All the while, he has his arm around the real Miley's waist.

7. He looks dissapointed, but not really surprised when Miley say's "ew!" They kind of turn and smile at each other briefly. I can't really descirbe it...but it's such a sincere smile and kinda nervous-like. It's really cute. It's at the very end before they transition to the last scene of the episode. It really said a lot for me.

So, yep. I really think the hints were being thrown out there in Season 1. It's more apparent now that we've had a drought in Season 2. I'm still convinced they are setting up or Moliver.

HugzxNxKissesxo

[124]Nov 9, 2007
    interesting...ive only seen that episode once so i never really saw the hints

0bsess3d_luvv

[125]Nov 10, 2007
    • level: 7
    Kathryn1988 wrote:

I just watched Torn Between Two Hannah's again today. And I gotta say, we actually got a lot of hintage towards Moliver in that ep. I didnt really realize it until today.

1. Oliver makes it a POINT to comment that Miley and Luann look so much alike -- "It's amazing how much you and Miley look alike"

2. After previous comment, he proceeds to hit on Luann -- "Where have you been all my life?"

3. He tells Miley about their date -- "Ya know, this is gonna make my date with her tomorrow night a little awkward."

4. When they walk into the Hannah-fied Holloween party Oliver says "I had a dream like this once..." He goes on to say it was about Jessica Simpson, but I think he threw that in there so he wouldn't weird her out.

5. The way he grabs onto her when they aren't sure which is the real Miley - It's just cute.

6. He comes up with the "both of you kiss me" thing to tell who was the real Miley. All the while, he has his arm around the real Miley's waist.

7. He looks dissapointed, but not really surprised when Miley say's "ew!" They kind of turn and smile at each other briefly. I can't really descirbe it...but it's such a sincere smile and kinda nervous-like. It's really cute. It's at the very end before they transition to the last scene of the episode. It really said a lot for me.

So, yep. I really think the hints were being thrown out there in Season 1. It's more apparent now that we've had a drought in Season 2. I'm still convinced they are setting up or Moliver.

Awhh I saw some of those too. I think that episode had tons of fluff between them actually =DD My Best Friend's Boyfriend, it looked like they were dating to me actually. And how Miley is saying Oliver doesn't have a "romantic bone" in his body, she seems annoyed. Like he is never romantic with her and she's disapointed =DD

tpfang567

[126]Nov 10, 2007
    • level: 6
    I bet the Lolivers are getting all excited because they saw "Lilly's Mom's Got it Going On", and Oliver said that Lilly's mom looked hot in that dress she was wearing. They are also saying that Lilly looked disgusted. She more like looked disgusted.

But I'm all like "Dude, remember 'I Am Hannah... Hear Me Croak", Oliver was so hitting on Miley's mom. Then in "Torn Between Two Hannah's" Oliver was liking Luanne, who looks exaclty like Miley.

I bet that if Miley wasn't Olivers best friend, he would hit on her daily.

HugzxNxKissesxo

[127]Nov 10, 2007
    tpfang567 wrote:

I bet that if Miley wasn't Olivers best friend, he would hit on her daily.

i totally agree with you on that because in "when you wish you were the star" Oliver and Miley/Hannah didnt even know each other and he still liked her and she was the first thing she thought of even before Lilly..it was kinda like even in an alternate universe they still belonged together..and the Lolivers dont have anything on us because in the "alternate universe" Lilly and Oliver werent even friends which is more proof that Moliver will happen

Kathryn1988

[128]Nov 10, 2007
    Moliver = Endgame!

outoftheblue90

[129]Nov 10, 2007
    • level: 8
    HugzxNxKissesxo wrote:
    i totally agree with you on that because in "when you wish you were the star" Oliver and Miley/Hannah didnt even know each other and he still liked her and she was the first thing she thought of even before Lilly..it was kinda like even in an alternate universe they still belonged together..and the Lolivers dont have anything on us because in the "alternate universe" Lilly and Oliver werent even friends which is more proof that Moliver will happen
    Ahem.. I guess I will reply to this post. I believe this has been fully covered. But, since you brought it back, as will I. This 'alternate universe' that you speak of is in Miley's POV. Not the grand scheme of things. It was only what would happen to MILEY'S life, not everybody else's. Therefore, she didn't know how Lilly and Oliver were before she arrived; consequently, in her POV there was no scenario for them making them appear not to be friends. So, it really isn't proof WHY Moliver will happen. There are tons of other instances for you guys, but this is the THE one. Secondly, I'll give you guys Oliver hitting on Luann. Can't get around that. BUT, I will say Oliver seems like the kind of guy at that time to get a date anyway possible. The end. *hides back under rock*
    Edited on 11/10/2007 4:21pm

PheElyForEva223

[130]Nov 10, 2007

outoftheblue90 wrote:
    HugzxNxKissesxo wrote:
    Ahem.. I guess I will reply to this post. I believe this has been fully covered. But, since you brought it back, as will I. This 'alternate universe' that you speak of is in Miley's POV. Not the grand scheme of things. It was only what would happen to MILEY'S life, not everybody else's. Therefore, she didn't know how Lilly and Oliver were before she arrived; consequently, in her POV there was no scenario for them making them appear not to be friends. So, it really isn't proof WHY Moliver will happen. There are tons of other instances for you guys, but this is the THE one. Secondly, I'll give you guys Oliver hitting on Luann. Can't get around that. BUT, I will say Oliver seems like the kind of guy at that time to get a date anyway possible. The end. *hides back under rock*

In the alternate universe Lilly was friends with Amber and Ashley and Oliver was hanging out with Rico. Miley's point of view or not, it was way beyond obvious that Lilly and Oliver were no longer friends. What we don't know is what happened that made them split up, but it was most likely a combination of time and growing apart that did it. A lot of people are constantly saying Miley and Oliver wouldn't be friends if it weren't for Lilly. I think that episode kind of proved it to be the other way around, that Lilly and Oliver wouldn't have stuck together if Miley hadn't come into the picture.

As for Luanne, if what happened with her was a single event all on it's own, I might have agreed with what you said. But when you also take in to account that he loved Hannah (who's basically Miley with a blonde wig) and hit on Miley's mom (who in theory should look a little like Miley) I'd say it's a lot more than Oliver just being "desperate".

Kathryn1988

[131]Nov 10, 2007

:
    A lot of people are constantly saying Miley and Oliver wouldn't be friends if it weren't for Lilly. I think that episode kind of proved it to be the other way around, that Lilly and Oliver wouldn't have stuck together if Miley hadn't come into the picture.

I absolutely agree with this. In a sense, Miley is kinda the glue that holds it all together. Some people may not like this, or choose to see it, but with that episode it's apparantly what the writer's choose as the truth for the HM world -- it's canon.

I'm not particularly using that has evidence FOR Moliver...it's just what was in the show and it can't really be argued with. It was pretty obvious that L and O weren't friends...andHM is a very surface oriented show-- there isnt going to be anything much deeper than what you see on screen. To think that Lilly and Oliver still may have been friends in that alternate universe is wishful thinking. It's obvious they werent..and if they were, the writers would have made that obvious.

bojangles194

[132]Nov 10, 2007
    • level: 5
    also in tonights episode it was so cute when lily and miley were fighting and oliver told lily to stop being an idiot. he took up for miley awwww

leyton4ever

[133]Nov 10, 2007
    • level: 10
    couldnt agree more bojangles!

brunettedudette

[134]Nov 10, 2007
    • level: 5
    I haven't seen the episode yet. Are there any more "moments"? Even the smallest, most analyzed moments?

Prompter

[135]Nov 10, 2007
    • level: 4
    brunettedudette wrote:
    I haven't seen the episode yet. Are there any more "moments"? Even the smallest, most analyzed moments?

These days, Oliver just managing to show up in an episode almost qualifies as a "moment".

0bsess3d_luvv

[136]Nov 11, 2007
    • level: 7
    I know when he stuck up for her, I loved it =DD

PheElyForEva223

[137]Nov 11, 2007
    I didn't bother to watch this episode, I figured I was just in for another disappointment. So, was this episode any good? Did Oliver actually have a big part in this one? Are there any cute Moliver moments I should know about? Any Loliver moments I should try and avoid?

HugzxNxKissesxo

[138]Nov 11, 2007
    PheElyForEva223 wrote:
    I didn't bother to watch this episode, I figured I was just in for another disappointment. So, was this episode any good? Did Oliver actually have a big part in this one? Are there any cute Moliver moments I should know about? Any Loliver moments I should try and avoid?

yeah the episode actually was good...a Loliver moment to avoid would be Oliver saying Lillys mom was hot and Moliver thing would be Miley (kinda) getting annoyed by that

Kathryn1988

[139]Nov 11, 2007

Everyone commented on how "hot" Lilly's mom was, though. Jackson humiliated himself in the beginning of the ep talking about how he thought she was hot. So, to me, it's not really indicative of anything Loliver.

I know some Loliver's will say "Well, you used Oliver liking Miley's mom as a hint!"...but hear me out.

Oliver thinking Miley's mom was attractive alone is a pretty weak hint. But add it to his attraction to Luann and his attraction to Hannah...then you've got a continuous dynamic.

If you take all three hints and seperate them, they aren't as strong. If you put them together, it's foreshadowing of something more, IMO.

So, Oliver finding Lilly's mom attractive in that holiday dress doesn't really mean much for me, because everyone else had already been commenting on her beauty. No one had said anything about Miley's mom being pretty EXCEPT Oliver, so the writer's didn't really have to put that in there. It wasn't necessary for the plot, but they did it anyway.

Plus, Oliver being who he is, i would have been surprised if he DIDN'T comment that he thought Lilly's mom was hot. It would have been out of character if he hadn't said anything.

Edited on 11/11/2007 12:24pm

tpfang567

[140]Nov 11, 2007
    • level: 6
    Kathryn1988 wrote:

Everyone commented on how "hot" Lilly's mom was, though. Jackson humiliated himself in the beginning of the ep talking about how he thought she was hot. So, to me, it's not really indicative of anything Loliver.

I know some Loliver's will say "Well, you used Oliver liking Miley's mom as a hint!"...but hear me out.

Oliver thinking Miley's mom was attractive alone is a pretty weak hint. But add it to his attraction to Luann and his attraction to Hannah...then you've got a continuous dynamic.

If you take all three hints and seperate them, they aren't as strong. If you put them together, it's foreshadowing of something more, IMO.

So, Oliver finding Lilly's mom attractive in that holiday dress doesn't really mean much for me, because everyone else had already been commenting on her beauty. No one had said anything about Miley's mom being pretty EXCEPT Oliver, so the writer's didn't really have to put that in there. It wasn't necessary for the plot, but they did it anyway.

Plus, Oliver being who he is, i would have been surprised if he DIDN'T comment that he thought Lilly's mom was hot. It would have been out of character if he hadn't said anything.

Agreed. Good point . Oliver seems to like people who look like Miley more than people who look like Lilly.