Hannah Montana Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2011)

Walt Disney Company is being sued for Hannah Montana

Jessie_drizzle

[81]Mar 14, 2008
    • level: 3
    I agree
    As much as I love the show and the actors, this man had his original idea turned down only to find they stole it
    and from what i read, they took it pretty good from him
    put yourself in his shoes, and how much money and fame HE could have had, BUT disney took it from him
    I hope the show doesnt get cancelled but this man gets some justice and credit for his work
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kittypretty395

[82]Mar 14, 2008
    • level: 1

ugh im soooooooo mad at that guy if they cancel hannah montana i i want his address give him a pice of my mind(hehehehe)

i would love to sue him if the have to cancel the show

im really mad if you dont know allready

Prompter

[84]Mar 15, 2008
    • level: 4
    I wouldn't worry about the HM being cancelled. If the guy won his law suit that's the last thing he would want. He would want the show to continue and receive a royalty from its continued success.

EdFan101

[85]Mar 15, 2008
    • level: 21
    this case could have ended months ago i wonder who would have won

Nbbrocks01

[86]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 10
    Well, yeah. But he might even want to change it to his likings.

Mapletree46

[87]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 17
    i wonder how much Disney payed him out of court. Because this died really fast.

ger5632

[88]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 24
    no wonder the idea sounded so familiar...but i thought it was a girl..

WR16

[89]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 6
    Wow it's kinda funny this company decided to sue Disney all of a sudden once Hannah Montana became a huge hit. I bet if it crashed and burned in the first season these people wouldn't have even bothered.

rslade70

[90]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 8
    I dont think it is stupid. The show wont be cancelled, the guy I am sure is just looking for his cut. If you pitch a idea to a studio and they reject it and then years later they do it...you deserve your cut. Just the way programs/stuios work. Why the guy waited so long? Who knows...maybe he did not get wind of it right away (not like he is sitting around watching the disney channel), perhaps it took awhile for his lawyers to put everything together to petition Disney. It seems like a pretty legit lawsuit. He should absoultely win. It would not be fair if he didnt. If he didnt, then it would mean that any studio could reject something, then make it years later? That woudl not seem right. His idea was original and specific.
    Edited on 03/30/2008 5:59pm

Prompter

[91]Mar 31, 2008
    Disney doesn't have a reputation for being the most ethical these days. And if you don't think they would try to steal an idea, consider this: If you saw both Dreamworks' Madagascar and Disney's The Wild, you noticed that one looked like a rip-off of the other. I have a friend who worked on Madagascar and said that a guy who also worked on it for a while, defected to Disney and took the idea with him. Disney loved the idea and tried to release their own version, The Wild, before Madagascar came out. But they couldn't quite make it. So they held it off the market for a year and released it the following summer.

ger5632

[95]Jul 26, 2008
    • level: 24

Prompter wrote:
    Disney doesn't have a reputation for being the most ethical these days. And if you don't think they would try to steal an idea, consider this: If you saw both Dreamworks' Madagascar and Disney's The Wild, you noticed that one looked like a rip-off of the other. I have a friend who worked on Madagascar and said that a guy who also worked on it for a while, defected to Disney and took the idea with him. Disney loved the idea and tried to release their own version, The Wild, before Madagascar came out. But they couldn't quite make it. So they held it off the market for a year and released it the following summer.

but madagascar came out first. besides, the wild was also similiar to Finding Nemo. i hated the wild. it was so boring =.=

Prompter

[96]Jul 27, 2008
    ger5632 wrote:

Prompter wrote:

but madagascar came out first. besides, the wild was also similiar to Finding Nemo. i hated the wild. it was so boring =.=

That's right, Madagascar came out first. Disney had tried to be first out with The Wild by rushing it through production (probably why it was bad) but couldn't get the movie done in time. It bombed which serves Disney right for trying to cheat.

Toph_Girl250

[97]Jul 27, 2008
    • level: 10
    I never managed to see the Movie: The Wild but i think i saw the previews for it, both Madagascar and the Wild had Lions in them right? (Unless i am thinking of a different movie.) Disney themselves created The Wild? Well, i'd like to say that i have seen Madagascar, and in my opinion, Madagascar is a heck of a whole lot better Movie than the previews i saw for The Wild. Madagascar is one of my most favorite movies of all time too.

supernatural14

[98]Jul 29, 2008
    • level: 9

Yeah, I heard about that.

Prompter

[100]Aug 9, 2008

Yet another lawsuit against Disney over Hannah Montana.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/entertainment/music/concerts/orl-disney2008may20,0,1245546.story

Every one wants a piece of this show.

(Madagascar 2 comes out in November)