Hannah Montana Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2011)

"Wherever I Go, Part 1 & 2" Episode Discussion (Spoiler Alert!)

Which Episode Was Your Favorite?

TrickMeNot

[1]Jan 16, 2011
    • level: 54

Afterfour seasons,fifteen DVDs, a concert movie, a motion picture,several specials and crossovers,numerous singles, eight albums, and three concert tours, "Hannah Montana" comes to an end tonight. We will always have the reruns to remind us of all the joy the show brought us over its nearly five year run.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LauraTorlasch

[2]Jan 16, 2011
    • level: 1
    That was crazy! I love every twist happening up until the last minute.

ecgirl08

[3]Jan 16, 2011
    • level: 57

This episode truly redeemed itself in the final seconds. I thought I had it all figured out, and then Miley shows up at the dorm room. I'm really glad they ended it that way, because it really is true--heading off to college and enjoying the experience with good friends is something that you only get to do once in your life. You can always take some time off and go later, but there's nothing quitelike doing it fresh out of high school at 17/18 years old. I'm 25 now, and I'll never forget what it felt like taking that big step of independence. Now thatit's just a memory, I realize more than ever how important it was, and this episode did a good job of getting that message out.

I was so afraid that they were going to end the series with spoiled, overindulged Miley Stewart only being happy with the rich, glamorous Hollywood lifestyle, rather than the simplicity of college life in a small dorm room, but again, she changed her mind and made a good choice. I actually teared up a little at the end.

Edited on 01/17/2011 2:20pm
    Edited 2 total times.

LauraTorlasch

[4]Jan 17, 2011
    • level: 1

ecgirl08 wrote:

This episode truly redeemed itself in the final seconds. I thought I had it all figured out, and then Miley shows up at the dorm room. I'm really glad they ended it that way, because it really is true--heading off to college and enjoying the experience with good friends is something that you only get to do once in your life. You can always take some time off and go to later, but there's nothing quitelike doing it fresh out of high school at 17/18 years old. I'm 25 now, and I'll never forget what it felt like taking that big step of independence. Now thatit's just a memory, I realize more than ever how important it was, and this episode did a good job of getting that message out.

I was so afraid that they were going to end the series with spoiled, overindulged Miley Stewart only being happy with the rich, glamorous Hollywood lifestyle, rather than the simplicity of college life in a small dorm room, but again, she changed her mind and made a good choice. I actually teared up a little at the end.

Exactly! I thought the series ending was going to be depressing with Miley left in Paris, moping over her decision. I also expected Lily to be sad until her new roommate showed up. I thought the few seconds were emotional and heartfelt.

I have to comment on the acting, speaking of emotion. I believe that Emily Osment did a fantastic job telling off Miley. I know when you are upset with a friend, in that moment you will say anything to be dramatic and say that one hurtful thing that shakes them up. That why it really got me when Lily said, "I wouldn't want to go ANYWHERE with you!".

Also, what are everyone's comments on the Jackson/Rico storyline?

ecgirl08

[5]Jan 17, 2011
    • level: 57

It's funny you say that, Laura, because when Lilly said "You're the last person I'd want to go anywhere with!" it seemed really fake to me. Maybe it's because it looked like Emily was just about to laugh, but either way, I didn't think it was the best scene. Again, the last few seconds were my favorite, when Miley said "I love you so much," and Lilly said "I know!" in her typical Lilly voice. It was a perfect way to end it, because for a while, I was worried that with the final arc of episodes, they were trying tomerge Miley Stewart and Miley Cyrus's lives together and make them exactly the same. It made sense that Miley Stewart would choose her career over college for the time being, because that appears to be what Miley Cyrus is doing. That said, it was good to see how they ended the series a little differently, because after all, it IS a TV show, and Miley Stewart's initial charm was that she somehow managed to divide her life in half,part fame and part normal adolescence. Even though she made the decision to reveal her identity, she's still hanging on to some normalcy by going to college with her best friend.

Part of me wishes they had done a second movie following this exact theme, with the girls going off to college and Miley having to choose. I really loved the first movie and thought it had more heart than the slapstick comedy of the TV series.

Edited on 01/17/2011 2:28pm
    Edited 4 total times.

RomanZolanski

[6]Jan 21, 2011
    • level: 12
    I flat out loved this episode, and it was a great way to end the series off. Although, I do have a few comments/suggestions:

- The movie that Miley was leaving to do should've related to Hannah Montana in some way, like creating a movie that tells the story of how Hannah Montana came to be.

- HANNAH MONTANA HERSELF! Seriously?! Like Hannah Montana is the main character aside from Miley, yet for the passed five episodes, she hasn't made one appearence. I was ok with her not being in the three episodes that followed "I'll Always Remember You", but in the finale, she should've had some sort of appearence/reference.

- The kisses between Lilly&Oliver and Miley&Jesse should've been showed. But meh...

All in all, this was a great finale, although the promos made it seem like it was Miley's BIGGEST DECISION EVER, which it clearly wasn't; revealing her secret to Crowley Corners, then the world, and then giving up Hannah for good were way bigger.

Tosatsu

[7]Jan 21, 2011
    • level: 6

it's really sad to see the show end after all these years, but I'm glad it ended the way it did. I wouldn't really have been satisfied with the end if they had Lily go to college alone.

teenj12

[8]Feb 18, 2011
    • level: 26
    The Awesome Series Finale Of Hannah Montana hide show

This was truly awesome. Miley struggling bewtween college and a movie was very nice to watch. Amber and Ashley appearing again was a nice touch, especially since they stopped appearing as frequently after season 2. It was very nice of Rico to get Jackson a job. It seems Seane and Jackson live happily ever after. I wouldn't have minded Rico/Jackson or atleast them kissing, haha. I like how the father, Robbie, just let everything flow and he didn't get involded with any of the kids problems. It shows that he believes in his kids to make the right choices and that he thinks his kids are old enough to make the decision they believe in. I loved the ending. I haven't been a huge fan of Hannah Montana since Season 2, but the ending was emotional and sweet justice for the show. I loved the Lily/Oliver and Miley/Jessie boyfriend parts. Why did they not show the kisses! I loved that Miley showed up for college and I think every character on this show, even Rico, Amber, and Ashley should and are going to have a great life. Overall, goodbye...

Hannah Montana!!!