TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Hannah Montana Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2011)

Who really sings If Cupid Had a Heart?

nbbroxmysox

[1]Dec 16, 2007
    • level: 5

I'm serious.Selena Gomez does NOT sing that song in the episode I Want You to Want Me To Go To Florida.I know this because in another Disney movie-Get a Clue (that mystery movie with Lindsey Lohan)-In the beginning when Lindsey just wakes up that song is playing and that was like 4 years ago and I'm pretty sure that Selena Gomez couldn't have sung that song 4 years ago.So I want to knwo who really sang that song

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

brunettegmp

[2]Dec 16, 2007
    • level: 8
    search Get a Clue. Should have that version there

pashotshot

[3]Dec 17, 2007
    • level: 15
    Then, tell us, okay?

aishav101

[4]Jan 4, 2008
    • level: 1
    i really don`t think Mikala sung the song she lipsung the song

RockstarDX

[5]Jan 4, 2008
    • level: 6
    I'll try to find out. Shouldn't be too hard.

unknownkitwo

[6]Jan 5, 2008
    • level: 10
    Im pretty sure it wasnt her when she was like 10.

AangPhantom777

[11]Jan 22, 2008
    • level: 33
    unknownkitwo wrote:
    Im pretty sure it wasnt her when she was like 10.
    She could've remade it. You know, there's an original version of "Lean on Me" and a new one.

EdisonLite

[12]Jan 26, 2008
    • level: 2

That's true - Selena Gomez does not actually sing this song in the show. I know this because I'm the writer of the song. Recently, I've noticed online that a lot of people have been looking for the full version of "If Cupid Had a Heart". Besides "Hannah Montana",the song hasbeenfeatured in several TV shows & movies (like Little Miss Sunshine, Longshot, Popstars, Facts of Life Reunion Movie, Maybe It's Me, Grosse Pointe & others) but never in its entirety - and it's never been released on a CD.

Since people have asked to hear the full song, I decided I'd put it up on my MySpace page, along with the lyrics. At least for a little while. You can check it out at:

www.myspace.com/gordonpogodasongwriter

nickel2006

[13]Jan 26, 2008
    • level: 48
    EdisonLite wrote:

That's true - Selena Gomez does not actually sing this song in the show. I know this because I'm the writer of the song. Recently, I've noticed online that a lot of people have been looking for the full version of "If Cupid Had a Heart". Besides "Hannah Montana",the song hasbeenfeatured in several TV shows & movies (like Little Miss Sunshine, Longshot, Popstars, Facts of Life Reunion Movie, Maybe It's Me, Grosse Pointe & others) but never in its entirety - and it's never been released on a CD.

Since people have asked to hear the full song, I decided I'd put it up on my MySpace page, along with the lyrics. At least for a little while. You can check it out at:

thanks, do you know who sings the song?

crzza

[14]Jan 26, 2008
    • level: 49

selena probably does becuz it sounds like her when she sings the WOWP theme

EdisonLite

[15]Jan 26, 2008
    The singer is Julie Griffin.

WAVY10

[16]Jan 27, 2008
    EdisonLite wrote:

Sounds like the song's been around for a while.

EdisonLite

[17]Feb 2, 2008

Hey - A lot of people have been asking where they can buy the full version of "If Cupid Had a Heart", which was played in an episode of Hannah Montana.It's now available for sale on the net! It just became available yesterday. The singer is Julie Griffin and there's a whole album - also called If Cupid Had a Heart. If you like this song, you should check out the rest of the album. (The songs are in a similar style to If Cupid Had a Heart!) Go to:

In fact, in the top section, there's a Julie Griffin Sampler, which has a snippet of every song on the album. Then below that section is where you can buy the downloads of whatever songs you want.

EdisonLite

[18]Feb 17, 2008

I heard Radio Disney has the full version of "If Cupid Had a Heart" by Julie Griffin (the song played in "Hannah Montana"). If you want to hear it, call Radio Disney and request it. Their number is 888-327-7018.

You can also go to http://www.radiodisney.com/ and click "request a song" to request it!

missyera

[19]Feb 18, 2008
    Wow, I can't believe we have the actual writer of that song right here amongst us. Great song by the way, Edison (assuming that's your name).

EdisonLite

[20]Feb 18, 2008
    Thanks Missyera. Edison is just my name for the chatboard. My name is actually Gordon. And while you think it's cool to actually have the songwriter of "If Cupid Had a Heart" here, as the writer I can tell you that I actually think it's cool to read all the comments about my song. I've never really had a hit in the U.S., so to read all the comments about my song --and to find there's a lot of people out there that actually even know the song (especially when only a portion was played on the show) -- is amazing to me.