Hannah Montana

He Ain't a Hottie, He's My Brother

Aired Sunday 7:30 PM Nov 02, 2008 on Disney Channel

• Note, if you're a Lackson, Jilly, or whatever Jackson/lilly fan, DO NOT READ THIS!

I've been tolerant of this show for a while but lately I've been disapointed with the results. As someone whose patience is wearing thin I was completely caught off guard when Lily said she LIKED Jackson. I may not be a fanatic, but since when did she EVER show affection for him? If that's not enough Jackson likes her after thinking about for close to a minute. It's like an awful piece of fanfiction! I never thought I'd agree with Miley on anything until I saw this episode! Lilly has a better chance of being with Oliver or another boy character than jackson. It's TV's forbidden BFF dates the brother! If on the jump the shark website I could send them something for Hannah's page it would read: they did it(Lily/Jackson) (I know they haven't "done it" but it's better than nothing) If Disney wants to save Hannah they better get rid of this couple and FAST
  • The Ending Completely Ruined It

Miley learns that her best friend Lilly likes her brother, but she does not like this so she tries to make sure they do not get along. But what will happen when they learn of her plots?

It was OK, I actually don't mind the idea of Jackson/Lilly for a few episodes at least (Not long-term), but the ending being a dream ruined everything good about the episode. If the ending wasn't a dream this could've been one of my favorites, really, but with this ending it is one of my least favorites, and thus it gets an F from me
  • What a waste of an episode!

I can't believe they made it all a dream! I thought the entire episode was so adorable. Lily and Jackson together would have been so cute! I have always thought they would be so good together. The fact that they made the whole episode a dream just makes it a waste of an episode. Making episodes dreams are just also so unoriginal. Miley was being so selfish, but then again she acts like that a lot. They could have kept Lily and Jackson together, therefore, making Miley have to deal with it. This could have helped her character realise that she needs to learn to put others before herself once in awhile. The bottom line is, why make such a good episode into a waste of time? The show did not progress in any way because they had to go in make it a freaking dream.
  • I died a little inside watching this...

Well, at first I was soooo excited for this random little plot twist: Lily and Jackson together! How out-of-the-blue and amazing is that?? When they finally got together, I was happy-squealing all over, and it made the conflict with Miley that much more interesting!

But then the ending came.

It was all just a dream? What the heck! I felt so cheated! They just gave us an incredible new twist to the plot, making the show about more than just Miley and her silly Hannah secret every single frickin' episode...and then they took it away, just like that. With this lame little..."if you really do like my brother, I'll support you..." "me and Jackson? Bleeegh!"

Fail. Bad fail. Ugh. It hurts so bad.
  • Wow(Spoilers Included)

Miley dreams lilly and Jackson on the beach about to kiss. Then, when lilly comes the next morningto pick an out fit for the mack and mickey show, Miley tells Lilly about her dream and is shocked to learn Lilly has had a secret crush on jackson. At the beach Lilly tells miley that if the crush is gona end She'd have to know if Jackson liked her or not. Miley goes to ask jackson and robbie ray is singing I'm super cute super hot i'm the girl you like alot i'm super Super girl i'm super super girl. and when miley asks jackson, he suddenly starts to develop a crush on lilly. Miley sees a problem and lies to both of them with oliver as her witness and on the mack and mickey show, hannah and her "peeps" are there after hannah sings and mack and mickey tell a bunch of stupid jokes, and jackson and lola are mean to eachother and make miley feel guilty and she tells the truth and they pull her away. Then, they aruge with miley about what she can and can't do to her friends. Then miley wakes up and finds out it was all a dream and lilly doesnt like jackson
  • Now the writers are just toying with everyone.

This review includes spoilers. If you don't want to be spoiled, do not read any further.

The HM writers have written their way into the doghouse. First, an episode from 18 months ago was pulled from airing, because some parents were offended. Of course, once it was pulled the whole fan base was upset. Disney decided to air a different episode, where Lilly starts to feel something toward Jackson. Those that want Lilly with Oliver were disappointed that Lilly would have a crush on Jackson, but the fate for Lilly/Jackson shippers would be much worse (which I'll get to). Meanwhile, some found the age difference of Jason and Emily to be a problem (I agree, but they can still do non-romantic storylines). Well, someone's still gotta be pleased, right?

This is my first viewing of season 3, and there were changes. The opening credits were redone entirely, Hannah's look has changed, and the acting has improved. Miley has stopped hamming it up, like before, and Jason and Emily were solid as always. The most enjoyable part of this was Earles and Osment got to work together in several scenes. They play off each other well, and I hope they'll get a chance again. I give props to the cast for a great performance.

Unfortunately, the writers made one huge mistake. The ending revealed that it was all a dream. Not only is this just downright cruel to Lilly/Jackson fans, but it also means that most of the episode never happened. It's removed from continuity; any character development is out the window; and worst of all, the episode wasted viewers' time. Writers should know how much fans of any show hate the "all just a dream" cliché/trope. Speaking of character development, I thought the characters were supposed to be older, a bit more mature this season. I didn't see it here. Miley is still lying to get her way. Lilly and Jackson did not act the way I'd expect teens to act. These could be clues toward the "just a dream" silliness (like the bizarre "image" in the sky), but who would have caught on?

It's a pretty good episode that got ruined by the final twist. That alone made me cut the score in half, and I felt really bad for Jackson/Lilly fans. It would have been a nine.
  • It might be a rather fresh start of the roller-coaster show, but, still, a filler, none the less.

Okay. Before I start this review, I just wanna take a disclaimer about something; have you ever felt so excited, that, a new episode or airing came. Okay, good show, but, then you got angry, and it all a dream/simulation, and you jut made the fanbase angry?

Yeah. This is that kind of episode.

First, the changes. And, boy, it's a HUGE performance over the last. I dunno about you, but I love the new theme, which sounds a bit better. Hannah's hair looks straighter, and Lola's hair too. Jackson and Mike/Oliver stayed the same in apperance. Miley's no pushover, and Lily's a bit girler. Oliver is now helpful, and Jackson... well, glad thing HE didn't change.

Now, the bad thing, which sounds minor, but... it's really a big major. It was all a dream. Hello?! I mean, this episode is a really HUGE improvement than the rest of the episodes, but this was a lower of a dream. I mean, yeah, Lackson seems pretty cool, but, it was a waste, being a dream. Or, a dream inside a dream, if you will.

Overall, this episode is cute, in improvement, but lacks that it was a filler altogether.
    Still, funny as heck.
  • Lily mentions she has sort of a crush on Jackson, which sort of puts ideas in Jackson's head, which sort of turns Miley evil....

With this episode, I can tell Miley is really tired of doing this series, and the writers have truly stopped trying to reach the the full potential of the series. It's got a brand new start, but the evil midget is still in the opening, they haven't kicked him off the show yet?! Miley has a preminition that Lily and Jackson kiss, and Lily confesses she sort of like Jackson. The idea would have made for a very good addition to the series with all sorts of excellant possible storylines for a decent writer, but don't forget, these are Disney writers, and their job is to stay predictable, steal as much as they can from other shows and not show any creative writing. Miley predictably bust her brother and Lily apart only for them to come together anyway. while the two's smoozing was over the top, the ending was out of left field and ruins what could have been a decent plotline for the rest of the series. That's another rule of Disney writers, continuity is not necessary; god-forbid they keep any plot points from one episode to the next; that's why they ruined this episode with such a disregard to the fans, the series and the overall memory of the show.
  • Lilly and Jackson think about going out. While Miley tries to break them up.

This episode was awful. The beginning was awesome but the ending, terrible. They should've made Lackson happen. She should not have been dreaming it. Lackson is such a cute couple, and one of my favorites!! I'm very dissapointed in this episode so much!!! They've already done a dream episode when Miley get's hit by lightning and she dreams on how her parents meet. Season 3 is not worth watching anymore. The show has not improved, it got worse. Lackson is such a cute couple and now there is no hope. I'm very sad, and I can't believe they did that to Lackson fans. Like me.