Hannah Montana

I Am Hannah, Hear Me Croak

Aired Sunday 7:30 PM Apr 27, 2007 on Disney Channel

• Lessons on how to make a good dream sequence (minor spoilers)

I am just gonna say that this is a lovely episode of Hannah Montana. As everybody knows she losses her voice and she is very worried about this (the situation is more complicated than everybody believes at the begging and that was a very good plot element); and thanks to a lot of sugar she has a dream about her mother. This dream is fantastic. Brooke Shields make a very good casting as her mother, and you can see a lot of Miley's not-so-high self-esteem and a lot of her insecurities. That was cool, because you can see how this aspects of her personality have affected her relationships (with Lilly, for example) in the past, so I think the way she looks at her friends and family in her dream is coherent with the way sometimes she looks at them when she is wake. It is a wild ride through Miley's mind and I enjoy that a lot.
    Finally, I find kind of sad the dream: clearly every member of the Stwart family misses their mother and wife a lot, but it is also pleasent to realise that they never forget her.
    So, overall, a great episode.