Hannah Montana

Money for Nothing, Guilt for Free

Aired Sunday 7:30 PM Nov 26, 2006 on Disney Channel

• Amber and Ashley always win the charity fundraiser, but this year Lilly, Miley, and Oliver are going to try to change that.

There is a charity fundraiser at school for the United People's Relief and Amber and Ashley always win it. This year Lilly, Miley, and Oliver are going to try to raise more money than them together as a team. They go around to houses, but get barely any money. At a concert, Hannah asks for people to donate to the charity. They get a lot of people to donate and are excited because they are finally going to beat Amber and Ashley. Sarah comes by Miley's house, not realizing that it is Miley's house, asking for a donation to the charity. She tells them everything that she has been doing for her charity work. Miley feels bad because Sarah worked way harder than they did for the money. She tries to give Sarah the money, but she won't take it. Miley decides to give Sarah the money as Hannah, but Sarah is a huge Hannah Montana fan and she faints. Hannah finally gives her the money after running from many crazy fans. Amber and Ashley heard from Oliver that Sarah was going to beat them so they asked their parents for more money and they won...again. Miley and Lilly got back at them though by telling a reporter that they were taking their day off to volunteer.
  • The school fundraiser is coming up, and Miley, Lilly, and Oliver are determined to win so they can humble the reigning champions, Amber and Ashley. The trio fails to raise enough money at first, but everything changes when Hannah asks her fans to donate.

This episode was featured on the first Hannah Montana DVD, "Living the Rock Star Life" as a never before seen episode. Overall, this episode was quite satisfying. Many scenes, especially when Miley, Lilly, and Oliver create propagandas to raise money. Although some parts were not very humorous, the comedic parts were incredible. This episode also introduced a brand-new character, Sarah. Sarah is an overly-charitable humanitarian. Her unbelievable helping ways are so outrageous, they make Sarah one of the funniest characters on the show. Her motives, which are very pure, bring Miley, Lilly, and Oliver down to earth and remind the viewing audience to help others more. In conclusion, this episode was sincere and humorous.
  • Fun fued between Miley and Amber and Ashley to raise enough donated money win a contest to "help the needy"

I first thought this episode was going to be predictable, but the ending surprise me. Amber and Ashley won, but Miley and Lily told the reporter that they were going to buy clothes for needy children and spend their day off from school washing dishes at the local soup kitchen. How could Amber and Ashley think that was disguisting! All they had 2 do was wash dirty dishes. What babies! Milly wants to win a fundraiser to beat Amer and Ashley at there own game when they had won last year and Miley is through with them rubbing it in their faces. So when she, Lilly and Oliver don't do so hot trying to raise money by door to door, they all agree that at Hannah's next concert, she would ask everyone in the audience to give donations. After the concert, they have hundreds of dollars. They are a shoe-in to beat Amber and Ashley. But then when Sarah comes over to Miley's house, she tells them that she isn't in the charity fundraiser for the money, but for the needy. So guilt falls on Miley and she decides to give all their money to Sarah so she could win. Even if they don't win, Sarah would and Ashley and Amber wouldn't. But then Oliver had to go brag to them about how Sarah was winning the contest. So then Amber and Ashley went and asked their parents for another huge donation. They won, but ended up hating it at the end. So, Miley and Lilly were happy that they won. I'm glad Miley decided to give the money to Sarah. She was the only one doing it for the right reason! ^_^
  • i love this episode

its was so funny Oliver Miley and Lilly try to fun raise and founf out in the end it helping that count from a super helper named Sara they try to super hard so they can beat Ashley and Amber they lose but find out it helps hat counts..besides that they even use Mileys elter ego Hannah Montana to get money but at the end they give it to Sara she loses to Amber and Ashley cause of Oliver tells them that somebody raised more monny but Sara or Miley Lilly or Oliver cared at the end
  • I loved it!

Money For Nothing, Guilt For Free was an amazing eppisde of Hannah Montana. I don't know why a lot of people don't like thos episode. It;s one of my favorites. It's also on the Hannah Montana Livin' The Rock Star Life DVD. I don't own it, but I may soon. This episode was really funny. Miley, Lilly, and Oliver want to beat Amber and Ashley in a charity fundraiser. Unfortunately, Amber and Ashley win. Morgan York guest stars in this episode for the first time. She is also in some other episodes. She can be recognized in the movies Cheaper by the Dozen and Cheaper by the Dozen 2. Overall, a wonderful episode!
  • Not the best...

7.8
    This isn't the best episode of Hannah Montana I have ever seen but I did like the charity storyline as I am into charity work with my school. So basically what happens is that Amber and Ashley are planning on winning the fundraiser again so Miley and the gang want to stop them winning. I like the ending of this episode because it also teaches people a lesson in life which is really great even if it didn't intent it to. Anyway, this wasn't the best episode but it was still pretty good. I thought that this would be really typical but I was really wrong.
  • WOW!! This was awesome!!

So, I really liked this episode because it was all about their feud with Amber and Ashley! Also, Oliver was in it too! And the new girl Sarah, or "Ms. Goody-2 sox" as Oliver said, was really good! They actually realized that it's not about who wins, but what does matter is that they're helping others who aren't as fortunate as they are! I love when Hannah Montana and Lola go to the beach and Sarah faints! They jump in the ball pit and that little girl pinches them! they also kept pointing different ways when people were like "Where's Hannah Montana?" That was an awesome eppy!!
  • There is a fundraiser at Mileys school and she can't get any money, so she gets Hannah Montana to collect the money and in the end gives it to a girl who wants to donate the money for all the right reasons.

Well, again, she has to do the right thing, again! It is a bit annoying, how she always does the right thing. I was with Lilly and Oliver, they wanted to keep the money. And it was kind of sad, Amber and Ashley, the snobs, ended up winning because they have rich fathers who write checks and so they always win. Typical, typical, typical, even more typical...a lesson is always to be learned, how annoying. Not a very good episode. Gross how the girl has only two pairs of socks. Anyway, the show is ok, watch it if you want. I'm neutral.
  • awesome

this is one of my favorite episodes, one of the better ones in my opinion. it wasn't the MOST most original, Unfabulous did the same "give to the less fortunate charity fund" type of episode. i need a ton more words so let's just copy and paste . . . this is one of my favorite episodes, one of the better ones in my opinion. it wasn't the MOST most original, Unfabulous did the same "give to the less fortunate charity fund" type of episode. omg i still need 10 words left, this 100 min rule is soo annoying, isnt it? ok bye!
  • I LOVE HANNAH MONTANA!

This episode is insanely hilarious. The episode is about a fund raising campaign in their school that doubles as a contest for students' egos. Amber and Ashley are currently the ones with the highest donation collection so far, but they did no collecting they just asked for money from their parents. Miley and Lilly can't stand their rivals taking the glory from everyone by not trying so hard so they come up with a plan to make them lose. Miley and Lilly learn a valuable lesson along the way. This episode is so funny, it's well written, I love this episode.
  • Miley, Oliver and Lilly try to raise money for charity. They give their money to Sara. The reason they gave their money to Sara is because she would do the right thing.

In this episode Oliver, Miley and Lilly raise money for charity. They use Hannah Montana to help raise money. Then Sara comes to Miley's house to collect money for charity. Sara sees all Miley's charity money. They want Sara to have their charity money but Sara doesn't except it. So Oliver, Miley and Lilly think that Sara would have to take money from a celebrity also known as Hannah Montana. But instead she faints when she saw Hannah Montana. So Oliver, Miley, and Lilly put the money in the can for charity. I give this episode two thumbs up. Love ya
  • Miley and Lilly don't want Amber and Ashley to win this year's contest so they don't have to hear their bragging all year.

Amber and Ashley always win the fundraiser and Miley is sick of it. So when she, Lilly and Oliver don't do so hot trying to raise money the old-fashioned way, they all agree that at Hannah's next concert, she would ask everyone in the audience to give donations. After the concert, they have hundreds of dollars. They are a shoe-in to beat Amber and Ashley. But then when Sarah comes over to Miley's house, she tells them that she isn't in the charity fundraiser for the money, but for the needy. So guilt falls on Miley and she decides to give all their money to Sarah so she could win. Even if they don't win, Sarah would and Ashley and Amber wouldn't. But then Oliver had to go brag to them about how Sarah was winning the contest. So then Amber and Ashley went and asked their parents for another huge donation. They won, but ended up hating it at the end. So, Miley and Lilly were happy that they won.
  • Determind to beat Amber and Ashley at the school fundraiser, the gang tries to raise more money. At first, they don\'t, so they get money from \"Hannah\". Miley gives it to a student who is doing it for the right reason.

Wasn\'t my favorite episode, but wasn\'t the worst. It was average. I did find some parts funny and some other parts okay. I\'m glad Miley decided to give the money to Sarah. She was the only one doing it for the right reason. We did this epsiode for a play in drama (it was in a magazine) and I played the part of Sarah. I liked the episode better than the play, since a lot of stuff in the play was cut out. I first thought this episode was going to be predictable, but the ending surprise me. Amber and Ashley won, but Miley and Lily told the reporter that they were going to buy clothes for needy children and spend their day off from school washing dishes at the local soup kitchen. Since they told the reporter, this made Amber and Ashley have to do it. I also liked when Miley goes up to Sarah as Hannah and Sarah faints and Lily says \"I\'m guessing she\'s a fan?\" and Miley says \"You think?\" That part had me laughing. This was an OK episode. Wasn\'t the best, but I would watch it from time to time.
  • NOT GOOD AT ALL anyone who agrees be my friend

This hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate it. STUPID. It was so not worth watching. When it waas over I was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy. Anyone who agrees Be My Friend. The next one lokks stupid too> She lost her earings so what. Everyone loses their earings (I dont speak form expieriance). This is so the wort worst worst worst worst episode. Not funny ( none of them are) not exciting, weird, JUST PLAIN STUPID. anyone who likes this episode you are stupid( that meand most of you are stupid) This episode is Stupid!
  • YAY!

This one was great. Much better than the 3 episodes before it! It has the traditional "Miley, Lily, Oliver" storyline that most of the fans have come to know and love. Those three characters work really well together. I'm glad they put more about the three friends rather than Jake/Miley. I thought the only thing that was rather silly was the competition between Jackson and his dad at the very end, where they drank a whole bunch of water and then competed to see who could go the longest without using the bathroom...I mean, come ON...that was just nonsense. But other than that, this one is a winner!
  • Miley wants Sarah to beat out Amber and Ashley for this years charity fundraiser because Sarah is doing it for all of the right reasons. Hannah donates to Sarah's fund but Amber and Ashley still win.

This was an amazing episode! I saw it when I got the Hannah Montana DVD. The idea is so original and I love some of the lines they say. The part where they spot Hannah Montana and have to jump into the ball pit got me laughing, and when Noah Lindsay, Miley's real life sister, was pinching them in the ball pit, I fell out of my chair giggling. This was a very cute, fun episode, just like all of the others, yet different. That's what I love about Hannah Montana. Every episode has everything the same, yet so different and intriguing. We <3 you Miley!!
  • Good episode, but not worthy of a spot at the top of the list.

Let's face it, Hannah Montana isn't the perfect TV show on, but it is certainly entertaining. This episode, I fear, was not on par with the rest. Now, I'm not saying that this was a bad episode, but it didn't live up to the others that have aired so far. Miley's idea of giving the money she got for the fund by Hannah Montana to Sarah was a bit cliche and overdone. They should have picked a different theme if they really wanted to teach the viewers something. Also, Robbie and Jackson's brawl over finding a sport or activity that Jackson was good at so he could beat Robbie was a bit weak. There could have been so much more of that subplot, but there wasn't. Like I said, it doesn't deserve a spot at the top of the list, but it was pretty good.
  • miley, lilly, and oliver try to beat Amber and Ashley in collecting money for the United Peoples Releif Fund. When they start to feel guilty about not earning the money \"Hannah\" gives the money to a friend who is doing it for the right reasons

ummmm.... i dont think that this was a very good episode.... but it was a hannah montana episode so of corse it got higher than a 6! nothing big happened and there wasn\'t much character development... there were a few funny moments and there was a concert scene. usually the episodes have a ton of funny comments but this time it was just like old jokes or things that just weren\'t all that funny... it also almost seemed like it was shorter than all of the other episodes. i also noticed that Jake wasn\'t ever mentioned and yet miley should still be talking about him because he just left the country not that long ago after kissing her!!! i mean i would still be talking about him!!! overall it was just kinda blah!
  • A deffinite not-watcher. Two Thumbs Down.

Um this episode wasnt that great. It could\\\'ve been better, and Amber and Ashley, are definetly the hating protagonist type. I cannot stand either one of them, and in this episode, it shows what witches they are, and how good a person Sarah (Morgan York) is. She was happy that Amber and Ashley won, just because it was for good. All in all, this episode was a waste of time. Don\\\'t get me wrong, I love Hannah Montana, but, this episode was dull, and it could have been so much more. It\'s a great storyline, but a bad script. It was \'painful to watch\' because Hannah Montana can be so much better than this, and so much more. --MissJayTay--
  • The gang all plot to come up with a good fund raising scheme to outdo snobs Ashley and Amber in a Unite Peoples Foundation. They earn the money (thanks to Hannah Montana), but end up trying to help a fellow classmate beat the snobs instead.

Contrary to prior expectations, this ended up being a pretty good episode. It had that classic Miley/Oliver/Lilly humor that is the reason so many watch the show. It was a simple concept, though as usual, was done properly. I'm sure everyone's favorite scene was the fundraising montage where Oliver, Miley, and Lilly are coming up with all sorts of crazy gimmicks (and costumes) to get people to donate money, only to have the door shut on their faces. Amber and Ashley should have their own bill in the credits, as they've appeared in the episodes almost as many times as the trio. Though annoying, they prove to be a fun and entertaining nemeses to the gang.
  • Don't miss this episode, it is hilarious.

This episode is one of the best so far, not my favourite, but still great.

Basically, Miley and her friends are trying to beat Amber and Ashley at a door-to-door fundraiser for the United People's Relief. Miley is so sick and tired of Amber and Ashley gloating about winning all the time, that she would do anything to beat them.
    Mean while, Jackson is trying to find the one thing that he is better at than his dad. Though he takes it a little overboard...I'll say no more.

The best part about this episode is that the show is back to Miley, Lilly and Oliver again, instead of Miley and Jake.
  • Why this show is just OK.....

6.9
    i am sorry to al hannah montana fans out there but i think she is the worst singer there is and not a very talented actress. She is new to the disney channel and fitting right in but she is becoming like the chetah girls(who arent that amazing) a singing POP sensetion not just on T.V but for real and that makes me upset beacuse the show is great but the whole singing part i think is just a little bit DUMB when r they going to find out she is Hannah Montana and let life go on America knows so why doesnt all of seaview middle school know it and all the rest of the people in Malibu