Hannah Montana

Papa's Got a Brand New Friend

Aired Sunday 7:30 PM Mar 08, 2009 on Disney Channel

6.4
  • Once again they're copying ideas and plots from previous episodes. Very unoriginal, silly, and boring.

5.5
    Oh wow, this episode was so bad I don't even know where to begin. Okay, Hannah and Lola are learning new dance moves, when Hannah does a slide and knocks the choreographer out the window. Now why is it that the choreographer was hurt so badly that she needed a full body cast when in previous episodes people have gotten hurt as badly as that gotten up perfectly unharmed? I know it's a kid's show, but still you can't have someone get thrown across something and be perfectly fine, then have someone else fall out a window in a different episode and not even be able to move. It just doesn't match up. And then Hannah selfishly tries to get her to continue dancing, even with all her injuries. That part was a lot like what happened to Robbie in "I Want You To Want Me To Go To Florida". So Hannah and Robbie interview a few other choreographers who are completely awful and will with no chance be hired to work for Hannah Montana. So guess who the last person who shows up is. Someone who is a great dancer. Everyone who auditioned was horrible and after all those people someone great shows up. They didn't even need to think about hiring him. Sounds a little like what happened in "Take This Job And Love It", doesn't it? The new choreographer and Robbie end up having some male bonding time and become the best of friends. The problem is that when he comes to teach Hannah and some other dancers their new dance moves, he is horrible and mean. But Hannah can't fire him because he's friends with her dad. Copying more from another episode, that's from "Me And Mr. Jonas And Mr. Jonas And Mr. Jonas". Then the choreographer starts taking total control of everything and attaches wires to Hannah to teach her how to dance. Hannah's like his human puppet. Then Lola saves the day by taking the control box away and bla bla bla. The ending was very lame. Not to mention impossible. Hannah walked forward too far when she still had the wire things attached to her and flew back like a sling shot. Now if you notice, I only said Lola's name once in this entire review. And that's because she didn't have many lines. She was more like a background character then an actual main character like she used to be. Lola/Lily is the only character whose funny anymore, so why are they limiting her screen time? I have no idea. I love Lily and I would love to see more of her. And now the subplot. Oh wow. Oliver has to break up with his girlfriend because she's tough and scary. But he's afraid to break up with her because he doesn't want to get beat up. So he tries to act like a freak so that she breaks up with him instead. "Achy Jakey Heart" anyone? He dresses in a silver outfit and pretends he talks to aliens. He even catches on fire. Turns out she actually doesn't mind and tries to help him. Then when he's about to break up with her, she turns it around and breaks up with him. That's from another episode too, but I can't remember the name of it. There are a lot of other episodes being copied in this episode that I didn't mention either. This episode was most definitely one of the worst of the entire series. I'm really hoping no one gets mad at me for this review, because it is the absolute truth. It would take a miracle to save this show. This show used to be so good when it first started, but I actually am hoping they can find a way to improve it. There are still a lot of unused potential plot lines that could be used for this show. They just have to think of them.