Hannah Montana

Song Sung Bad

Aired Sunday 7:30 PM Aug 04, 2007 on Disney Channel

• Lily gets into a conundrum when she discovers her great singing voice isn't all that.

I really like this watching Hannah Montana, but what makes me cringe are the glaring plot holes through it. This episode has a great idea for an episode, but it stays in that area outside of reality and trapped in what only happens in the TV universe. For one, why are Amber and Ashley still in school? By the Zero Tolerance rule, they should have been tossed out for all the persecuting they inflict. Most of it directed for no reason to Miley and Lily. I like the teacher Mr. Corelli. He's stepped up to High School from Jr High; what's best of all is even he is tired of Amber's ego and he's not afraid of showing it, but he's still leaving her open to terrorize Miley. What is this? A world devoid of responsible adults? The only other adult is Robby Ray and he's still stuck being a kid himself. I love the story though; it gives Lily a chance to be more than just a sidekick. Poor Oliver is stuck being their toadie. He's getting abused from them a lot in these newer episodes. Once in a while he gets to bond with Jackson who in this episode gets a young crush from one of Miley's classmates, much to the fault of Rico, who for some reason has still not been dropped from the series. Overall, fair episode. It's funny in that twisted non-reality slant, but it could have been much, much better.