Hannah Montana

You Gotta Lose This Job

Aired Sunday 7:30 PM Feb 16, 2009 on Disney Channel

7.3
  • Miley is trying to get a movie role, while Oliver tries to get into a band. When Miley gets her way Oliver is upset about it.

First the good. The performances by all of the actors were pretty good inspite of the horrible material they had to work with. I thought the B-story which usually sucks was at least adequate and that they would actually do something that had to do with a horror movie on Disney Channel, was kind of interesting.

Now one last good thing. Even though I tend to root for the jiley relationship. And like I said before the writing was abominable for this episode. I will say there was really good chemistry between Miley and Mitchel in this episode so if they did go that route they do have something to work with.

Now the bad. The entire plot line is plain stupid. Oliver is one of Miley's best friend who for years has seen her get her way. And I could possibly understand if he was upset that she always wins and maybe he doesn't. But I truly believe Mitchel plays Oliver as a good person. And despite the crappy uncharacteristic dialogue he had to spue he was trying to portray Oliver's humanity not counting the stuff coming out of his mouth. But he isn't going to stop being her friend over it. That is just dumb. I can not emphasize how badly they portrayed the Oliver character in this one. He does not sing! He never has and boom here it is just to fit the plot line and then it'll probably be gone again mark my words. He actually is a photographer and a videophile if you pay attention. This writer ignored this totally just to put him in a stupid and very fake situation.

So, Oliver is going to be happy because she gave up a Movie role? She is a singer for the record! When does she have the time to do that and school too? And you thought Jake Ryan was busy! And she isn't even home schooled like he probably is except when these writers decide otherwise to fit their plotline!

Look I know it was kind of like a Valentine's episode and they maybe were teasing a Miley and Oliver pairing. But that episode was an example of how not to do it! And notice at the end Miley is still going to try to get this role that there is no way she has time for unless they invent a 48 hour day just for this show, which judging by what they did with this one, well...I wouldn't put it past them.

Side notes: Notice how when Jake did a movie they were spoofing Buck Rogers, well obviously Indiana Joannie is the continuation of that. That fake movie studio by the way was the exact same set, just to point it out. Rob Reiner? Are there any episodes left that don't have guest stars who are just kissing up to their daughters? Where are Amber and Ashley when you need them? Oh, my bad judging by this episode the writer didn't watch the first two seasons.