We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

A Hannibal Community
NBC (ended 2015)

Hannibal S02E11: "Kō No Mono"

Well, that was a relief.

Freddie being alive, I mean. And Alana beginning to wise up. Not Margot's abortion or the removal of, as Mason not-so-charmingly said, her "lady parts." That was not a relief. That was just super-horrifying.

While I didn't think that Will had actually killed Freddie, both last week's episode and much of "Kō No Mono" were intent on leaving the answer to that question up in the air, down to having Freddie "die" in the same fiery manner as her literary incarnation does (Hannibal does enjoy messing the part of the fandom that's read the books). Much of my anxiety around the idea that Will had killed Freddie centered on the idea that Hannibal had established enough of a foundation for it to be possible, given Will's apparent instability and his slaying and displaying of Randall Tier. The episode was so committed to the idea that Will was even having nightmares about whatever corpse he and Jack had rigged up in that wheelchair—a bizarre thing, at least for the moment, for Will to be having stressful, sweaty dreams about.

Freddie being alive, and in Jack's care, confirmed that Will and Jack are plotting to capture Hannibal, and that Will's doing his damnedest to play a willing student to Hannibal's murder tutor, to aid in this apparent transformation that Hannibal believes Will is experiencing. It's a balancing act for Will and for the show, since we're privy to Will's mind and his darker, stag-related impulses. Hannibal may be conning us as much as Will is conning Hannibal concerning Will's enjoyment of murder, since Will only ever talks about his murder feelings with Hannibal. We have to rely on those dreams/fantasies of Will dealing with the ravenstag and the manstag/wendigo to get a sense of how Will is thinking and operating.

But even those feel a touch misleading, along the lines of Will's dream about the fiery wheelchair. This episode opened with an antlered Will being born (it certainly seemed like an amniotic sac he was ripping apart) from the ravenstag, while the wendigo watched. If we take the ravenstag as a sort of totem animal for Will—a guiding force, if you will—and if we treat the antlers as a sign of Will's murderous transformation and we position the wendigo as Will's psyche's representation of Hannibal, what does that scene mean for Will, and for us? Did Will feel quietly powerful when he killed Randall Tier, as he told Hannibal, or is it all just a lie he's convincing himself of so that he can, in turn, convince Hannibal? Is Will struggling with keeping his empathy disorder in check again? Or is he in fact being born again, more assured of himself than ever, destroyed by the events of this season so far only to be recreated, as the ShivaFreddie and ShivaWendigo were supposed to indicate?

That brings us to childbirth and parenting, the episode's primary concern. The theme appeared throughout the episode: there was Mason's chat with Franklin the foster child ("Franklin, you can't stay there with Mama, Shirley, and Kitty Cat"); Margot spending the night with Will in a plot to conceive an heir of her own to dethrone Mason; Papa Verger's influence on Mason; and Hannibal and Will's talk of Abigail and Hannibal's sister, Mischa. Some of it served to flesh out Mason's behavior—a clear case of arrested development and daddy worship mixed with psychosis—and that's necessary as Mason becomes more prominent in the narrative. Mason is clearly still a kid who Papa Verger used to bail out, and now he's modeling himself into a warped version of his father, down to medically cutting away Margot's ability to inherit the Verger fortune in the same way that her father attempted to do it legally. 

Of course, all of this comes back onto Will, and how he will likely never get over losing Abigail. Season 1 played up the My Two Dads aspect between Will, Hannibal, and Abigail, and this episode returned to that, with Will mourning the loss of a surrogate daughter and Hannibal mourning the loss of a replacement for Mischa. There was a painful tenderness to their scene as they discussed Abigail, with Hannibal seemingly genuinely apologetic that he had to kill her. She meant so much to both of them, but Hannibal still sacrificed Abigail, saying that "What happened to Abigail had to happen. There was no other way." Part of that was protecting himself as a killer, but now it's growing ever more apparent that it was just another bit of psychological coercion to push Will into becoming a killer too—the same way Mischa's death likely spurred on Hannibal's own serial killer transformation.

Pile on the loss of Margot's child, and that's twice now that Will's been denied a sense of fatherhood, hence his storming out of Mason's pig barn and threatening Mason's life. If Will's outrage here didn't entirely click in for you, I wouldn't be surprised. It was an emotional act connected to emotional baggage, but the swiftness of it may ring hollow... until you consider the fact that Will doesn't blame Mason for the loss of his and Margot's child so much as he blames Hannibal. I'm sure he blames Mason as well, since Mason carried out the deed, but it was Hannibal's prodding and seed-planting that put Mason on that path, and so it's Hannibal who has, again, taken away fatherhood from Will.

In other transformations, Freddie's "death" had Alana finally getting involved and thinking about everything that's been going on around her. It's probably too little too late for this to be happening, since many of you have written off Alana entirely, and even I'm a touch frustrated at how abbreviated Alana's plotting has been to get to this point. It's relied on big events, like Freddie's "death" and Will's attempted murder by proxy, to push her around the narrative, a contrast to the more subtle approach that Hannibal takes with most everyone else. The show owes Caroline Dhavernas the biggest fruit basket ever for making it seem like all the dots have been connected through her performance, because she was really selling that confusion, paranoia, and anger. 

And so it was nice to see Alana actually doing something that illustrates why her opinion is supposedly valued by Jack, providing counterarguments and insights into Will and Hannibal's read of the desecrated corpse/body/dummy/whatever. In doing that, and in Jack's apparent lack of consideration that Will had anything to do this, she managed to piece together the idea that Jack was likely scheming, and with Will. Her explosion in Jack's office was the result of that, of realizing that Jack is likely repeating his past mistakes and pushing Will too far.

At least now, all the cards are apparently on the table, so the show will, hopefully, have Will and Jack actually discussing some stuff, and maybe Alana can be there, too.

À LA CARTE

– Hannibal's talk of teacups pulling themselves together was lifted from the novel Hannibal, itself referencing and thinking about Stephen Hawking's ideas on entropy, the past, the future, and the universe and time contracting. Here's a video to help visualize the concept. Mason's chat with the foster kid Franklin was also lifted from the novel.

– Hannibal's first therapy session with Mason was a delight. "I want to tell you about camp!" I just want to watch it over and over and over again. Hannibal's frustration with Mason's behavior made it so very funny.

– "How was my funeral?" I love Freddie, I really do.

– Only one bit of classical music this week, and it was something we've heard before: The aria to Bach's Goldberg Variations played as Will and Hannibal dined on their ortolan buntings. We last heard it back in Season 1, and as a little movie tie-in, in Silence of the Lambs, it scored Hannibal's escape from his cage in Tennessee.

– What a relief: NBC has agreed to continue paying the comparatively measly $750,000 an episode (an amount that likely to go down, according to Deadline) to air Season 3. So, more Hannibal for everyone! I wasn't surprised by the renewal because NBC pays so little for the show that, at the very least, the network can break even in advertising sales, regardless of the show's ratings. Factor in the cut of streaming cash it gets from Amazon, and Hannibal might actually turn a small profit for NBC. Broadcast television economics are a-changin'.

How did "Kō No Mono" taste?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 8/29/2015

Season 3 : Episode 13

166 Comments
Comments (166)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm633914624/nm5979026?ref_=nmmd_md_nxt#
Flag
"...or the removal of, as Mason not-so-charmingly said, Margot's "lady parts." That was not a relief. That was just super-horrifying."

It isn't very often that I'm subjected to something so disturbing that I have to turn my head away or close my eyes...but that scene accomplished both. I presume that's a good thing, but still.

This show's on network TV, huh?
Flag
Hannibal and Will happily ever after

Flag
Goof ball. I didn't know we could link things.
Flag
Yeah something like that, i'm new on this forum and trying a few things
Flag
I am not so sold on Will's goodness. This is no hero.

He may be part of the elaborate design, but Will is dark. We feel right now he is the great betrayer of Hannibal, putting the teacup back together - oh how great he is for sacrificing his mind to be the lure of the century...but we don't really know where this is going. Will's a sick man, he's never been anything other. Will he really conspire with Mason and pull that off the feeding of Hannibal to the pigs (as seen in the previews) without a hitch? Well, we know Hannibal lives and lives on and on, so something saved the day, as we will see.

I'm past fantasizing that a betrayal didn't happen; it did...but I do not trust Will to be as pure as everyone else seems to believe. I think Will has a heart as black as night. I think he is like Hannibal in this way; like the devil, he has convinced everyone he doesn't exist - as the 'bad guy'. But look at his dreams...look at what he did to lure Hannibal!!! That's not the work a light-hearted, well-intentioned agent of the law would do... you don't chow down on (Randall's) human flesh and just merry your way through life as a hero after that.

Don't trust Will. That's what my gut says. And it's way past what he did to Hannibal at this point...it's what he's about to do that none of us know and will no doubt shock the shit out of all of us - hear me now: it's going to be DARK.
More+
Flag
I agree that will is not truly a good person, or at least sane. If i found out that this guy(Hannibal) who i though was my "friend" turns out to be the guy that framed me, skull f**ked me and kills and/or is a threat to innocent people, college's, friend's, loved ones, unborn baby's etc. etc. I would like every normal thinking/functioning person would normally go over there and pull the trigger on Hannibal without remorse. But there's this big possibility that they didn't write this in to the show(but did show the intention) because in effect it would be the end of this great show. So in effect when i think of it, Will is a normal person but his moral compass is compromised by the genius of Bryan Fuller. And also Hannibal therapy worked. Will was a total mess in season 1 from the start, and look at him now!

On the eating of Randall's flesh. In the end flesh is just flesh. It's not about what kind of meat you are eating, it's all about how you got your hands on the meat. Randall had it coming.

Thinking out loud:

I think if Will would survive season 3 and isn't turned into a serial killer! It wouldn't be a bad idea to pull him of the show for a season or two. Or maybe just in a smaller role of the psychiatrist of Hannibal when he's in prison. At least until Hannibal escapes or something. Some kind of cool-down period. For the sake of dynamics. although i can't think of anyone else dancing the Lambada with Hannibal. ;-)

That being said. I'm not worried that if Will stays for all season that it becomes boring or something. Bryan and his team are really doing a great job here.

PS: Sorry for my lousy grammar but English is not my native tong!
More +
Flag
Will is definitely...grey. I figure he'll "save" Hannibal and they'll dispose of Mason and they'll murkily carry on their courtship/reckoning into season 3. Unless Alana shows up with Chekov's Will's gun and fucks shit up somehow. Though Will getting shot is soooo last season finale.

I do adore Hannigraham, but their love can never be! People in long lasting relationships have to be on the same page, even in compromising. Will will never be 100% darksided, like Hannibal. He may want to eviscerate a murderer, but he doesn't keep a To Do List of people who mildly offend him in his daily life. Hannibal will never show restraint in his urges in a way that would preclude him from inadvertently hurting Will (Abigail, mental ward, Alana, unborn child). He may think better of it after the fact (what if he had trusted Will with his secrets and Abigail's would he have protected them both? What if he hadn't told Mason about the baby and had offed Mason when he became aware?).

Oh, but what if? What if?
Flag
Or the biggie: Abigail, still alive and living in the Lecter Nether Dungeon, aka Bev's last stand. Abigail, the teacup come back to wholeness - because Hannibal didn't say the words, "I KILLED HER," to Will in confession-like sadness, he said something like, "it had to be done." Wellllll...as we've seen, proof of death isn't so obvious in this show. I mean, we STILL never got a confirmation on Chilton's death, and we know an arm severed from it's body doesn't mean its host is dead...did we ever see Abigail dead? We know they cross meats very easily in this show - Randall/Freddie Abigail/Veal...who's who? So...why Abigail alive, and perhaps allowed to come up now? Because Murder Husband #1 doesn't want to lose Murder Husband (and recently de-fathered) #2 - "You see, Will, you can still be a father..."

Of course I don't know how they'd shut Abigail up at that point but OH THE FUCK WELL.
Flag
I really, really, hate long con fake-out deaths on shows. Freddie doesn't count, because no one seriously thought she was dead, and we still need more, "is Will slouching towards [Hannibal] to be (re)born?" moments (I promise that will be my one and only mangled poetic allusion, lol).

The controversial dish was a great scene as was Will's last time seeing Abigail (An ear, Hannibal? That cannibal joke was uncouth!) and I don't want the impact lessened by contrivance. However, I really loved MurderFamily, hmmm. Resurrected zombie!Abigail? I'll allow it, though I will give it serious side-eye.
Flag
Point taken. Hannibal could use her as leverage on Will in case of an emergency.
Flag
Thanks Noel, your reviews have so much insight into the show's imagery and backgrounds. I can't really add anything you haven't said already.

Now who was ShivaFreddy? Am I correct to assume that Hannibal killed her and we'll see it investigated next episode? Or will this just be dropped?
Also, I really don't think Hannibal himself wouldn't taste that what Will gave him last week wasn't human meat.
Flag
ShivaFreddie was some desecrated donated body (in place of Freddie, you'll notice she's alive and inquirying about her funeral at the end of the episode) and supposedly the remains of Randall Tier, but I don't know where Hannibal got the arms from because I thought Will used the hands and such in the Tier Bear monument?
Flag
They said in the episode that the extra arms were taken from other graves around the graveyard.
Flag
Hannibal is still 2 or 3.....or 4 steps ahead of Will.... you really don't think that Hannibal has considered the fact that they "could" be conning him. A psychopath as brilliant and cunning as Lector will NOT go down easily to anybody
Flag
Love how Bryan Fuller brilliantly incorporated the novel saga into his own version of Hannibal, kinda like win win for both the old timer and the novelty
Now all we all Fannibal can do are hoping NBC will be generous enough "and put on their smarty pants" to keep up the show till the end *finger cross*
Flag
I Hope so too. But almost nobody likes a "smarty pants".
Flag
hohoho... the extra Y shouldn't be there.... heeemmm what is the right phrase for someone to use their brain/common sense to do the right/obvious thing ??
english is not my common tongue so.... *shrug*
Flag
So many variables. This person does he do for personal gain? for instance ,by doing good he doesn't have to feel bad about him self. Or maybe he does this because there are people with him and he's showing of his (fake?) righteousness.

Sorry i need more information in my effort to answer your question.

A (wise) man once said to me "You really should know when to speak up or to shut op! Now go to your room!".

Uuugh sorry have to much time on my hands.
Flag
I recommend some good old fashion group therapy

Flag
This few past episodes of Hannibal are my favorite. I never did really like the murder "art". I mean it was arty but at the same time gory. I sit through all that to see the story unfold. All that happened in the last few episodes.

Now it is clear that Jack and Will put into actions what they had plan during the fishing trip. Will is a very good bait. Hannibal has verbally confessed to Will, something he had never done before. I guess they still needed hard evidence or Will could have arrested him there and then.

I was a little worried about Alana "waking" up. I fear for her life and Hannibal somehow finding out Will's plan through her. Now it seems more and more people are aware of Will's plan. Is that smart?

For a second, I thought Will is going to throw Mason into the human eating pigs. He seems to be provoking Mason to kill Hannibal. Why is Will doing that?

I have not read the book but my guess is perhaps he wants to catch Hannibal in the act of murdering Mason? Is it so simple?

Flag
Yeah, i'm also worried that Alana will screw things up.

I think Will didn't throw Mason in the pig pit, because he is not a murderer even though he has Manslaughter on his name. I think it's a pretty clean way to get rid of Hannibal by letting Mason do it. And this would put Mason behind bars should he succeed. Or maybe Will thinks that Mason will get what he deserves trough Hannibal.
Flag
I liked that Will did not actually murder anyone or it would defeat the main purpose of the show.

I think Will now wants Hannibal behind bars more than dying so I guess it could be he wants Mason to die under the hands of Hannibal. Catching Hannibal in the act could be a bonus.
Flag
Yes that's the most logical thing when you think of it.
Flag
Seeing as how the show is already in the danger zone of being cancelled each year (yay for the season 3 renewal!), I'm a little worried we won't get to see Fuller's entire vision for the show fulfilled. He originally wanted 7 seasons, covering the events of the novels / movies as well as a last season that would wrap it all up. What are the odds of that actually happening?

The best course of action for the show's creators might be to shorten the plan to around 5 seasons (even though that would mean rushing through some great material possibly), while keeping costs low and hoping for the best. If the ratings stay stable they could get another few seasons after the third, but... I'm worried.
Flag
If season 3 is the manhunt for Hannibal, as Fuller has said in interviews, that means season 4 is Red Dragon. I'm sure that will be something to consider when NBC decides to whether or not renew next year.
Flag
I think the show will succeed in airing all 7 seasons. It's a quality show so the audience should grow. But if it was cancelled, there are networks who've reportedly expressed interest in picking it up. FX would be a good home for Hannibal, but I'm sure NBC realizes it has a gem :)
Flag
I understand your point of view, but i hope Bryan Fuller doesn't compromise on his own view. He is doing such an amazing thing with the story of Hannibal here. I think by forcing any real artist to change his view on a project is even worse then cancellation. I'm so glad that this is not a "Case of the Week" tv show. I guess if it ever get cancelled and not picked up by a cable network, then we the fans have to crowd fund it or something else. Just make me more sad that i'm not a millionaire.
Flag
I love Mason! He is such a cruel, captivating character that you love to hate. Loved the episode
Flag
I really find it interesting that a lot of you would of like Freddie to died, although this would mean that Will's character would be compromised forever . While i agree that she can be an obnoctious character. She is harmless on a physical level (Besides being smoking hot). She may rune my reputation any time, any where , any place. The girl is on fire!
Flag
It would be a really interesting new direction of the story though, will actually being a killer under guidance of Hannibal. I kinda hoped that was the case to be honest, that dinner scene from the last episode was pure magic for me but that was mostely because for a second I actually believed he killed her.
Flag
Well i didn't thought so because basically it is Will versus Hannibal. If they would of teamed up , there would be no balance. But i do like that the show gives me the feeling of doubt! Makes me crave for the next episode.
Flag
"The girl is on fire!" Couldn't help noticing the pun.
Flag
The scene with Hugh and Mads following this frame:

Flag
Would anyone be so kind to tell me why would Hannibal tell Mason about the baby? ... I think I know but I'm not sure... thought this would be his opportunity of redemption to Will (instead of denying him his paternity once again).
Flag
Yeah, I thought it was not exactly to cause chaos (because he is very meticulous) but somewhere along the lines of starting a snow ball and see where it ends up... Thanks u guys, for the quick responses
Flag
Hannibal's modus operandi in the show is basically "to see what will happen". He enjoys causing conflict and seeing how other people react to it. He knew Mason would react badly to the news of the baby. He just wanted to see how "badly" that reaction would be.

Show-Hannibal is a lot less sympathetic than book-Hannibal. I think Fuller has even said that he hated how Hannibal became a sort of "anti-hero" in the later books, and wants to rectify that. So I doubt we'll be seeing any redemption for him, tbh. The guy's a monster.
Flag
Because he wanted Mason to do something awful to stop the pregnancy-thus causing Will to kill Mason.
Flag
Mm! You got it. He wanted Will to kill Mason because he really can't stand Mason and someone's gotta do it. Only thing is Will took it the wrong way.
Flag
Too bad for Will. I thought we'd have a Will Jr. around in season 3. Then, I was really expecting him to throw Mason to the man-eating pigs, but I guess that's putting the pigs way before the cart. I hope Margo at least escapes all this alive, but I have serious doubts. I like her.

I always thought Freddie was alive, but I honestly had my first shadow of a doubt when we met Freddie's supposed body and the lab guys started to describe the conditions of her death and confirmed her identity. I had to make sure Hannibal was in the scene to consider the possibility it was all a show for Hannibal. I wonder who the poor devil was that donated her body in the name of good police work.

Now I wonder how Alana will react. Will she be relieved, or resent being duped by Will? And now everybody is plotting against Hannibal. How long will a smart man like Hannibal need to figure out he's being fooled? Speaking of the devil, he must have been a bloodhound in another life to detect those tiny powder particles on Alana's hand. I've never seen the police use that method to figure out if a suspect had fired a gun, but apparently it works...

Usually Hannibal's delicacies make me want to go to a classy restaurant and order the best, but whole birds with crunchy bones? I'm not much into that. But better birds than Hannibal's prime ingredient for his meat meals.
More+
Flag
I'm surprised Hannibal seems to be falling for Will's ploy. He's very intelligent. Perhaps more intelligent than Will. It seems odd that he is being so easily fooled by the one person who spent most of season 2 trying to convince everyone that Hannibal's the ripper. I wonder if maybe he suspects Will is up to something?
Flag
He's a lonely cannibal. Or a lonely god.
Flag
Even though Hannibal certainly has an immense intellect, his ego is even larger, and that's what Will is catering to as he pretends to be transforming under Hannibal's guidance.
Flag
He's not fooled, but he loves the sport and he loves Will. How Hannibal plays is hardcore. The stakes are always life or death, even if he loves you.
Flag
I think hes willing to let his guard down because he wants to be "intimate" with Will , he never met anyone like will so hes very interested .
Flag
It was AMAZING to see Mads Mikkelsen's Hannibal remorseful about Abigail's death, even apologetic, and even in a way copping to his crimes/murderous nature. Its the very first time he's addressed his duality openly with Will. Fascinating acting.

Also....Glad to see Freddie was still around, and a pawn in play for Jack's game, I'd miss her crunchy red curls too much!
Flag
Also - and this is key - because he was copping to his crimes in front of Will, there's the chance that he actually believes in a possibility that Will may not turn him in and that they are indeed partners in crime. Of course, that doesn't last. But it's Hannibal's first emotional 'act of reciprocity'.
Flag
Yes! Hannibal, vunerable perhaps, trusting?

On the subject of Alana, and Hannibal's emotional output. He has a hold on her by giving HER the impression of being emotionally open, but it is a sick ruse in order to use her as bait in his manipulation of Will. The psychic three-way played out last ep (visually), but emotionally in this one.

A lot of this internal machinations playing out behind Mikkelsen's eyes, I can't say enough about how compelling to watch he was in this episode.
Flag
Am I the only one who thinks that Alana will die very soon? Maybe in the finale?
Flag
If Alana were to die, I would be even more surprised than had Will actually killed Freddie! Alana is the physical embodiment of "No Homo" on this show. When or if Alana dies, expect the prompt end of Will and Hannibal deep throating objects in front of each other and the ambiguous fight between them to become unambiguous and spill out into the open.
Flag
If I recall correctly, Fuller said that two people are going to die this season and one of them will be a main character. I thought he meant Bev was the "main character" but I'm starting to think it might be Alana. :O

I hope she doesn't die though. I haven't enjoyed her much this season, but she deserves retribution imo.
Flag
Wouldn't Beverly and Chilton be the two deaths Fuller was hinting at. But that doesn't necessarily mean that other characters can't die this season.
Flag
A gunshot wound to the face is actually survivable, and we never did see the body after! That, coupled with the very intentional vagueness of all the dialogue concerning his fate since, all lead me to believe that Chilton is very much still alive!
Flag
Jack is almost definitely going to die
I really doubt Alana will be killed off
Flag
I'm wondering if Jack will die, going by that little scene (fortelling the future?) in which Hannibal and he are fighting and he gets stabbed in the neck. Maybe it will turn out to be a dream eh?
Flag
My gut says Jack will die in that fight.
Flag
I own an ancient Mesopotamian crying flask, it's like a test tube with a balloon bubble at its end; and it was used to collect the tears of the bereaved at funerals. Mason's mania with his collecting of tears is naturally a perversion of bereavement, it's a sadistic embodiment of pain.
If we can assume Hannibal to be moved by anything, it is by a living reminder of his beloved Misha; so we can expect, as in the novel and movie, Hannibal, that Mason will indeed have half his face eaten by the swine.
Flag
The wendigo/shiva was terrifying and magnificent at the same time. Anyone else wanted Will to kill Mason or throw him to the pigs? also happy it got renewed for season 3!
Flag
So great that this show was renewed. Every week I think for myself how underrated it is. I hope that one day I wake up only to notice that the world has discovered it. The cinematography, the camera work, the camera close ups, the colour schemes, so many things are unique for a network show. It's visually such an amazing show.
Flag
Yes, and not only visually.
Take that one particular sound-effect from Hannibal, it sounds like the wind sweeping through a house with open windows just before a door slams with a loud bang - it's extremely effective in creating anxiety and it's gorgeous too.
Flag
I just wanted to say how amazing the shot of the car accident was. The camera ahead of Margot's car as it approaches then slowly rotating around her face as she drives by then whack! ...and without cutting away the accident scene is revealed as we get in closer to Margot's cut up face.

PS: Freddie annoys the crap out of me. I was disappointed to see her again (alive).
Flag
This is so awesome. Will and Hannibal are both manipulating and playing mind games with Jack, Alana, the Verger siblings and ofc each other. Can't wait to see how it will all unravel!
Flag
I am so glad I, along with a number of other people, was right about the fact that there is no way that Will was going full murderer. Like I said in the comment on Shiizakana: "I'm not really believing this Will wants to kill thing. I can believe that he may have an inner darkness, but I think he's playing it up for Hannibal's sake. I think it's part of his act with Hannibal. Last week Will and Jack talked about baiting and catching Hannibal. Will knows what Hannibal wants, he wants will to be his friend. He wants Will to be a killer. So what better way for Will to bait Hannibal into a false sense of security than by continuing to talk about how much he wants to kill him, how much he wanted to kill the social worker, and how great he feels for killing Randall and Garrett. All of that leads Hannibal into a belief that Will is turning to the dark side and just needs more nudging. Once Hannibal believes that Will has turned to the dark side, I think he will become far more likely to reveal his true nature and once he does..........I'm Jack will be waiting in the wings. Isn't that what Will wants? I think Will is using his inner darkness as a lure to catch Hannibal." Idk why anyone would really believe that Will was going full murderer.

On the review for "Shiizakana" someone commented that they don't understand how Will is going to hid his murder of Randall from Jack. Like I said before we dont know how much time elapsed between the time the attack happened and when he showed up at Hannibals home. He may have had time to have his freak out session and then compose himself for his performance with Hannibal. Or he have his freak out session later in private after his performance with Hannibal. We also don't know if Will has or intends to tell Jack about this incident. Based on the promos for next week's episode it's safe to say I was right about the fact that Will did tell Jack about Randall. Will either told Jack right after the murder and they plotted what to do or he did what he did and then told Jack. Either way Jack is fully aware of what Will has done and is doing.

I love Mason Verger's character. He's delightfully creepy. This dude made a light boy cry just to collect his tears so he could drink them later. Thats foul lol. This dude took his sister's uterus!!!

I love that Hannibal got irritated with Mason and his antics on the couch.

Alana's stupidity is goin to be the death of everyone. She tells everyone's business! This dumb b*tch can't keep her mouth shut to save her life. I guarantee now that Jack's dumbass has let her in on the scoop, this dumb b*tch is gonna run her stupid ass straight to Hannibal and spill everybody's beans. I guarantee the fight between Jack and Hannibal at the beginning of the season is her fault. I gua-ran-tee it! I promise she opened her big dumb mouth.
More+
Flag
Really would have liked to have Will do away with Freddie, but it is better in the long game to have him not. -sigh- But hooray for a third course of Hannibal!
Flag
I'm glad he didn't kill Freddie. The show has a lot of flat-out evil monsters, so it's nice to see a characters who is nasty but not necessarily evil. She does a great job of shaking things up when she does pop up on the show, and her bluntness is a breath of fresh air amongst all the vague metaphors and flowery script.
Flag
While I agree with you in regards to Hannibal, Freddie herself is an over-used stereotype for portrayal of the media. I will freely admit that I'm biased in this, being a journalist, but it's just a really old, disappointing trope that I feel mars my enjoyment of the show.
Flag
btw, I haven't read the books or seen all the movies, but I read that Hannibal was traumatized as a child in 1944 when he witnessed the murder and cannibalism of his beloved younger sister Mischa. This was done by LIthuanian Hilfswillige-I'm not sure what this means, the closest explaination I could get was "German Helpers" ? People who worked for the Germans doing lower level jobs?

Anyone know the answer to that?

He is constantly reenacting the trauma attempting also to feel he has power over life and death. That he killed Abigail shows his identification with the original monsters who killed his sister. That is a way to cope with terror, rage, helplessness etc. Thus he does not have to be aware of that vulnerable child, the person he was, who still exists inside him somewhere (I THINK it still exists!?)
Flag
He also was fed his sister in a broth, which he did not realize until it was told to him by one of such men. So Hannibal has horrible guilt, which he has transformed into eternal retribution.
Flag
Pretty much every country the Nazis successfully invaded had some number of the conquered who cooperated with/supported the Nazis, whether out of genuine solidarity or abject fear or the belief that cooperating would spare their country. Lithuania was one of those countries, and they had a fair number of collaborators with the Nazis.
Flag
Got it, thanks. Hannibal must feel responsible for his sister's death, as he was older and expected to be able to protect her......
Flag
I was SO relieved when I saw that Will had not killed Freddie! Up until then I just kept getting the sinking feeling that he had gone over to the other side.

Mason is just TOO creepy for words, can't stand him. The scene with the little boy was too awful, they crossed a line even showing it, in my view. Generally they haven't involved children in any of these things, thank God. But that creep hurting the little boy....(shiver)

And THEN what he does to his own sister. I seriously am waiting for this guy to get what he deserves. Have to say, he makes Hannibal look good by comparison.

I hope that Jack survives this season-good news though that Hannibal is renewed......how much more creepy can it get?????
Flag
Michael Pitt is complete insanity! This performance is coming from the younger guy who dated Jen on Dawson's Creek. Who would've thunk it?

Instead of my usual junk food binging, this time I watched Hannibal in a "healthy" way: with a protein shake.
Flag
Thank goodness Alana has finally poked her head out of her stupidity. It was starting to become offensive. I mean really the intellectual backflips that she had to do to at the same time blame Will and absolve Hannibal was just infuriating. I am surprised Will or Jack did grab her and shake her in order to try to snap out of it. Because really it was starting to drag down the show.

Mason is kind of tiring. I have to agree with Hannibals actions, if someone referred Mason to me or I was brought in to consult I too would role my eyes at his poorly attempted machinations. It could be that I have never really found Michael Pitt intimidating in the least. Creepy? Sure why not. To the point where he is scary? No. Doughy, pompous wannabe psychopaths bore me likely as much as it did Hannibal. I kind of wish that Will would have killed him or at least beat him up a little bit more. I mean that was his baby. That at least deserves a broken knee or maybe a few ribs and a clavicle. I don't know, he seems way too cartoonish. But maybe that is the way they want to portray him.

I also am kind of sad that Freddie is still alive. I understand why she is. She was the lure to get Hannibal to bite. But they still have nothing on him to reel him in. Nothing. Less than nothing. And I am still interested into how exactly they are going to convict him with all that will has done. Even if they can justify the death of Tier, which is shaky. He still desecrated a body in this pursuit of Hannibal which i am still sure a good lawyer could use against them. Unless they both realize that a conviction is out of the question and they just need to get him committed to the mental hospital. I don't know.

One good thing was the conversation about Abigail. And the question as to whether she is still alive or not. If she reminds Hannibal so much of his sister then I would have to say that there is a good possibility that she is still alive. But that could have just been a ruse for Will to see if he can push Will in either way to see if he is being truthful. I mean despite them supposedly being murder buddies, Hannibal is still not showing him his basement. And that means he still doesn't fully trust Will.

Overall good episode. The tea cup scene was fantastic.
More+
Flag
"I mean really the intellectual backflips that she had to do to at the same time blame Will and absolve Hannibal was just infuriating"
I know right? I literally was like, wow, Alana. Just wow.
Flag
Was that Thomas from Orphan Black kidnapping Margot???
Those damn proletheans!!!

Flag
It was pretty cool that Will was the teacup gathering back together!!!
A cup did come together Mr. Lecter.
Flag
See, I'm not sure I'm right, but I also interpreted the teacup thing a little as a suggestion that abigail might still be alive, since they were talking about her and hannibal was pretty vague. he only said "what happened to her had to happen", not "i had to kill her", so there's still that as a possibility, even if it's unlikely. also, in season one abigail dropped a cup and it shattered so i think he might have been talking about her. what do i know tho.
Flag
As much as I loved Abigail, I hope she doesn't come back because there have already been so many fake deaths on the show.
Miriam's death was a fake-out, so was Freddie's, and Fuller said that Chilton will be back next season. It would be disappointing if Abigail's death was another one.
Flag
It was great, but not really a surprise... I was so convinced that Will hadn´t kill Freddy...I´m sorry about the child because of Will, but I don´t like Marot, I undestand how horrible is her life, but I can´t like her.
In other order of things, if we continue seeing Will in his sleeping clothes and punching people I think my heart will explode! SO DAMN SEXY
Flag
I'm really glad Freddie is still alive, I didn't think Will killed her last week. I'm also glad Alana has finally started to wake up.

Mason still comes off like a cartoon villain. I haven't enjoyed Hannibal as much since his introduction. He's just too evil, and gets his way too easily.
Flag
And its a surprise that rich people get away with whatever they want? When is the last time a millionaire was convicted of a capital crime in the US? It is the rarest of all things. Prisons are filled with poor people. Rich people can do whatever the hell they want to whomever the hell they want.
Flag
It's alright with me if you think Mason is great, I just don't agree. He is cartoonish to me because his evil is silly and over the top. Being rich and getting away with murder doesn't have anything to do with it. Whether he is rich or not, the things he does or pays someone else to do, should take some planning and effort.

I hope you're not one of those people who get upset when someone doesn't like everything in a TV show. I love Hannibal, but that doesn't mean I love every little thing or the way every character is written. The comment section of these reviews should be a place to discuss the things we like and don't like without worrying that someone will be offended by criticism.
Flag
thats probably the point
Flag
I loved the teacup little clip because you could also see where the show was kind of like okay we'll stop screwing with you.

And thanks I knew that little Franklin conversation was familiar.

Poor Alanna. ..I was sitting here on my couch saying think about it Alanna. You have a conversation with Will and he gives you a gun. Same conversation with Hannibal he tries to distract you.
Flag
Yay, Hannibal has been renewed!

I'm so frustrated with the character Alana. Caution--long rambling rant about Alana--Everything has to be laid out for her to finally start to pick up the clues and start realize what is going on (she still doesn't figure it out and Jack has to read her in on what's going on since she is blowing it for everyone). Will has told her both directly and indirectly. It's ABOUT TIME she starts to use her brain yet she still remains "slow". She finally starts to put the pieces (obvious pieces) together and yet she still goes alone to Hannibal and shares some of her suspicions and basically blows Will's cover. If/when Jack dies I think we can all thank Alana for her indirect role in this. I'm being sarcastic since I don't want Jack to die and I can't stand Alana.

Duh, Will isn't the "bad" guy. I think it has been obvious all along that Will has been luring Hannibal and veering close to the "dark side" but never completely crossing the line imo. I love the show but I wish they didn't reveal Freddie so soon.
Flag
I agree with them waiting to reveal Freddie. They should have waited til the finale.
Flag
I'm hoping Chilton is reveled in the finale or the start of the next season;-)
Flag
Chilton! YAY! I miss that old weasel!

Flag
idk about that one, he was shot in the head right in front of multiple people.
Flag
Bryan Fuller has almost outright said he's still alive.
Flag
Michael Pitt is basically unrecognizable as Mason. He brings the right amount of craziness to the role without seeming cartoonish. I hope both Margot and Mason stay till season three.
Flag
-Hannibal will have three seasons! What a time to be alive.
-This episode made me realize that all I never knew I needed on Hannibal was Michael Pitt and Katherine Isabelle as the Verger siblings. They actually exceeded my expectations. I've made Michael Pitt saying 'papa' my text alert. A+ casting right there.
-I don't even know how I can still be shocked by this show but I was somehow still taken aback by the cruelty of the events Hannibal orchestrated.
-However, that scene with Jack and Alana at the end made me laugh so much because Jack was looking so smug with himself. After about a season of Will (and Hannibal himself tbh) screaming HANNIBAL IS A CANNIBAL at his face he's finally gotten a clue and he's so proud of it. [Spoiler? I'm really going to miss Laurence Fishburne after this season because it seems now that his unfortunately titled ABC show has been picked up, Jack really is going to be killed off].
-Alana was centre stage this episode and I was happy about that. I'm still not perfectly comfortable with her arc this season, but this episode made me feel a lot better about it. The part where Hannibal tastes (smells? feels?) the gunpowder residue on her hand and she just looks him straight in the eye was great.
-I didn't think Freddie was dead at the end of the last episode but the beginning of this one made me wonder if she really was. I should have known that not even dental 'evidence' and an actual funeral means much when it comes to her.
-I know it's the visual style of the show but WTF was that Hannibal Buddha? That almost scared me.
-It was a great episode. One of my favourites of the season.

More+
Flag
I´d like to know a little spoiler from the book - what about Hannibal sister? Who was she, what did he do to her?
Flag
Hannibal and Mischa were orphaned during WWII (although the timing doesn't work for the show, it did in the books) and Hannibal, who was ten or so years older, was charged with protecting Mischa by his father. They, and several other children were captured by Nazi collaborators, who butchered Mischa and a few other children for food. They made Hannibal eat Mischa to torture him.
Flag
Watch Hannibal Rising as well...
Flag
Everyone seems to hate this movie so much. I just watched it now. Aside from a couple of trite lines, I found the movie very beautiful. And if you want to know what made Hannibal HANNIBAL, well, it starts here and it's pretty damned sad.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
he didnt do anything to her. he was forced to eat her
Flag
Oh my.. thanks
Flag
It takes an amazing actor and outstanding writing to create a beast to adore. I will speak only for myself.
I am so hurt for Hannibal. I, like mostly everyone else on planet Earth, do not take lightly to cons, lies and their inevitable betrayal. Is Will justified? Of course he is. If I were Will, my life would be spent planning the destruction of Hannibal after the vast and intricate horrors he meticulously executed on poor Will's mental state and life. Hannibal is insane, however, and for all of his intelligence, his world is not like any other; all of this horror is beauty to him.
Look at this from the perspective of being completely insane - he is the adversary. His thinking is not like that of any other. He is in a world of his own, and in his world, what he does is pure. He is the anti-purity, believing himself to have found the greatest beauty in his compulsion to murder, cannibalize, manipulate, destroy and hurt. He doesn't do it to affect evil - he does it because he knows no other way - he is the devil, the fallen. He is the loneliest man on earth, and he craved for one redemption: a friend. One devil's playmate to share his lonely life with.
Can Hannibal be conned? No. But he can throw himself into his passions whole-heartedly. I'm quite sure Hannibal suspected this friendship wasn't sincere, but oh how glorious it would be to suspend reality for a while just to pretend…we've all done it. I know I have. Having that sense that someone is lying to you, perhaps on the verge of annihilating your heart - yet, you stay…because the lie is good enough to sacrifice your soul for. The lie is that good. That is what Hannibal gave himself - because lies this good come infrequently, if ever.
Yes, he loves his elaborate games, but he's a man a tremendous passion - a game is a game of hearts to him.
And, as a side, I would fall in love with Will too if I had to watch him slowly open those soft, shapely lips to devour just about anything I'd prepare for him. As a lure, he is 100% effective. I would feed him my heart if I could watch him place it to his lips.

More+
Flag
Nicely put in to words!! I totally agree. Hannibal is just in full control of his actions. A man with truly free will. He lives in a world where for him there are no moral consequences(or nothing he can't overcome with some good therapy) . From his point of view there is no good or evil, just action and reaction. Seems like he'
s fully aware that his actions put risk on his own life. But what's the point of playing a game without the highest stakes. I feel that if and when he get caught by Will he will give all the credits to Will for his excellent performance. So i don't feel bad for Hannibal if he get caught when i think of it now. When you play with fire, don't whine if have to sit on the blisters! The game is on.

Sorry for my bad grammar but English is not my native tong.

PS: while i do like the whole thought process, i'm happy that my own moral compass is in check.
Flag
you know, i do not think i am even going to post an individual review this week. i have decided to just lazily piggyback on your words because they are so eloquently stated and in many regards dovetail with my own sentiments.

i hate to say it, but i, too, began to feel some pangs of empathy for hannibal when i thought about how devastating will's betrayal will seem to him. even the obtuse nameless one opined that will and hannibal were in the midst of a courtship. actually for as much as i despise the nameless one her words rang true.

i love the homoerotic quasi-incestuous subtext of hannibal and will's relationship. i do not know if will could really kill hannibal even though he believes that he could. they do have an intertwining of soul energies even if they also find themselves at cross-purposes.

does hannibal love will? i do not know. everything with hannibal is complex and yet and still there is such elation in his eyes as he thinks will is evolving into a creature more akin to hannibal's own pathology. it never occurred to me that hannibal is lonely. he seems to be an entity that needs no sort of emotional sustenance. it even came as a surprise to me that hannibal uses his mister parts. it seemed like sex would be a little too uncouth and messy for hannibal's sensibilities. then again, this is a man who hacks human bodies to death as if they were animal carcasses so a little messiness is probably par for he course in his jaded eyes.

as for will, does he love hannibal? i think he does and i disagree with will that he would be a good father. i think will would be a horrible father because he is such a fragile, manchild himself. mason verger is not the only one with daddy issues. will has a special empathic gift and it isolates him. jack is a flawed father figure who sees will as a means to an end of rounding up serial killers. and hannibal on the other hand, is a father/lover/brother/best friend who would transform will into a unrecognizable monster so that will and hannibal could slash and burn through the world in tandem.

at times i think it might be glorious to have will and hannibal in cahoots. i think it would bring new dimensions to their relationship. however, will has a conscience. will has a soul. he would be tormented night and day minute by minute living the life that hannibal leads. hannibal is shutdown. he has no soul. i guess that answers my question about whether or not hannibal loves will. love without a soul is like a cake without eggs. no body, no substance, no depth.

if the situations had been reversed and will had been hannibal's student instead of the nameless one, i believe that will and hannibal would have been lovers as well partners in serial killings. i think hannibal would have found in will that special person to share his murderous proclivities and will would have found an adoring father figure who praised his special gifts to the nth degree.

it is oh so telling how jealous the nameless one was when she barged into will's home proclaiming how unsuitable hannibal is for will. she said those words without a trace of irony. that's how obtuse the nameless one is. she will never garner more than my disdain and contempt. her jealousy was barely concealed. she can sense that what hannibal and will share is deeper than the loose physical dalliance hannibal has with her. what is even more hilarious is that the nameless one is willfully blind about every other aspect of hannibal's life, but she queries hannibal about his relationship with will as though she is a spurned lover. god it's too rich.

i agree with you that will has a great pair of lips, but hannibal's lips are like two sensual pillows. one reviewer called hannibal lips creepy, but i think his lips are one of his best qualities. oh, such a pity that will will never know the touch of those lips and vice versa.

as for freddie rising from the ashes like a phoenix, i guess that will put an end to all the crying of spoilers since obviously fuller and company are not slavishly sticking to canon in the telling of these stories.

i see a bad moon rising for will and hannibal's relationship, but it was good while it lasted and i shall always cherish the scene in the barn with the horse whisperer and the morning after will beat randall to a pulp and hannibal tenderly nursed his bruised knuckles.
More +
Flag
Beautifully expressed, friend.
Flag
aw, shucks. there you go again making me blush. thank you kindly.

my words are mere rags compared to your pearls of prose.
Flag
  • A great episode to celebrate that there will be a 3rd season of Hannibal. YAY! Things moved fast this episode and all the games the characters are playing became a lot more explicit so finally EVEN Alana caught on and was rewarded by seeing Freddie in the flesh... First time anyone was happy to see Freddie in years I bet!
  • The audience also got it all pretty clearly spelled via the two parallel cases of the week
  1. Randall's body and 'Freddie''s were displayed to create the illusion of a Will acting under Hannibal's guidance. Add to that the 'let's eat endangered tiny songbirds, bones and all' scene. Yuk...
  2. Hannibal playing the Mason's against each other and Will against Mason... it was like a little case-study in Hannibal's psychiatry fuckery. I felt pretty bad for that unborn baby, Margo and Will...
  • Is anyone intrigued by what happened to Misha, Hannibal's younger sister & charge?
Flag
Best episode so far by miles, looking forward to the final two this season.
Flag
Mason drives me nuts. I wanted to throw him to the pigs. That is all....
Flag
Hallelujah! Hannibal has been renewed! Good decision, NBC. And booooo to ABC for cancelling Trophy Wife. Hannibal, go eat the executives at ABC!!

Brilliant episode! Brilliant acting by Pitt. Hannibal, you bastard, you shouldn't have killed Will's baby, but it sure does makes the story interesting. I am hoping that instead, Hannibal will gift Abigail back to Will, as a surrogate baby or something.

'It's a courtship' between Hannibal and Will, the heart to heart in the office, the sly, sighing glancing between them, the eating of the bird in the beginning. Can it get more homoerotic? :P
Flag
oh, the thought of hannibal and will getting more homoerotic drives me to the baptismal fount to horde gallons of water so i can make ice cubes and submerge myself in a tub of the them to quell the fires that are sparked in my soul by the very notion of the homoerotic possibilities between will and hannibal.
Flag
it is so suggestive as Hannibal gazes at will while the fried songbird travels down his esophagus furthermore, Hannibal has known from the start will was trying to outfox him just look at how Hannibal constructed the scenario with margot to have a child and then planting the idea in her brothers head and he executed a plan to remove her ovary's and how he attempted to explain to will the joys of having a child knowing that it would be taken away from will.Hannibal is so calculated.these tv shows always make the woman the innocent person like they do not have the intellectual capacity to reason that is why I hate alana
Flag
That scene with Will and Hannibal eating the fried songbirds was creepy. Will's nightmares are disturbing and while he seems to be holding it together, the strain must be tremendous. Freddie is alive and cooperating to keep up the illusion that she was murdered. Alana doesn't know who to trust anymore and Hannibal may be on to her.
Flag
The edge of my seat broke off dammit
Flag
Mason was really entertaining to watch in his first therapy session with Hannibal! I love how he keeps talking about his papa! Hannibal seemed really perturbed by him, which was fun to watch. I really like how they are portraying Mason in this show. I love Margot as well.

This episode really brought home for me just how good of an actor Will is in regards to the game he is playing with Hannibal. I think he has Hannibal completely convinced he is a blossoming killer and want to be best buddies with him, but this episode showed me how much Hannibal really disgusts Will. I love how there are a lot of little nuances going on with Will and Hannibal separately and together and how there are many more interpretations of Will and Hannibal's behavior. That's whats so great about this show! Everyone can watch the same episodes and see or feel something completely different.

My favorite person in the show is Will Graham. I am very much looking forward to him taking down Hannibal. I believe that at one time he did feel Hannibal was his friend, but that was before he discovered the truth. Will is a very intelligent person and very interesting to watch. I love how he thinks and I also like his vocabulary when he speaks. He makes everything sound very beautiful as he tends to use a lot of imagery in his conversations.

Also, I am so happy Hannibal was renewed for season 3!!!!
More+
Flag
is no one frustrated by the character of margot? how can a young woman have received over $100,000 in expensive education at the best schools and yet she cannot figure out how to successfully run away from home and make her own fortune in life? that just does not ring true. if a housewife could build a multi-million dollar fortune off of her chocolate chip cookie recipe, then margot verger could plot a better escape from her deranged brother than sleeping with will. how about instead of keeping her fruitless appointments with hannibal she just board the next flight to honduras?
Flag
Ah but you presume that she could. And you presume that Mason would allow her to succeed on her own. Mason needs her to torment. It is part of his pathology. I mean he went out had his man ram her car and paid medical staff to perform what was likely a non medically necessary hysterectomy in order for her to not conceive a child.

Do you think a person capable of that would not pay however much money to ensure that any business endeavor that she would attempt would fail miserably so that she had no recourse but to come back to him so that he could torment her further.

There really is no getting away from a person like Mason. Even after death he would still be likely the biggest topic of conversation in therapy.
Flag
Staff
/\
Flag
Since my browser updated, TV.com has been a mess for me. Graphics all over the place, headers missing. Anyone else have this problem?

Should have known Will's Wendingo birth and Will and Hannibal eating fried marshmallow peeps (DISGUSTING), was a harbinger of a disgusting episode to follow.

Hannibal, you dun killed Will's baby, again! Unnecessary roughness.You could have been a cool step-mom, but you're a crazy bitch. The wedding is off! May Will set fire to your suits, cut the strings of your harpsicord, tip over the theremin, scratch your pans, poke holes in your murdersuit, key your Bentley, put Nair in your shampoo, swap out your music with 90s Grunge, then pop several caps in yo ass. He invoked the memory of Murderbaby (Abigail). I loved Murderbaby. *sharpens a shank*

Margo is a terrible, greedy, bitch. I mean, change your name and go work in a horse stable or something, for fuck's sake. Unsympathetic in this incarnation. However, she did not deserve to be spade like a fucking hog! I hope she cuts off Mason's dick and feeds him his nuts! Let the crazy die with them.

Alana continues to be the worst and that's a feat, when you have Hannibal as a main character. She's catching on and she...can't process a situation without going to the people in question and poking at them clumsily.

FREDDIE: I think Will and Hannibal are serial killer life partners!
ALANA: *goes directly to Will and Hannibal* Freddie believes you're overly fond of each other and probably murderers. Are you?? She's planning a HUGE expose.
Freddie presumably (not really) is promptly murdered

ALANA: *shows up (ALONE) at Will's house in the middle of fucking nowhere and missing persons* Will are you a serial killer?!
WILL: Bitch, please. I was having a wet dream. Here's a gun, so you can kill Hannibal, maybe.

ALANA: *visits alone and partakes of alcohol with potential serial killer number 2* Hannibal, I'm starting to seriously believe you're a hot cougar foregin murderer, who's trying to date my sorta EX.
HANNIBAL: *snorts gunpowder off hands* Guns, Alana? I prefer skin on skin when it comes to my potential murder *wink wink nudge nudge*Does this mean my little Butterfly still plans a reckoning?
ALANA: Totally.

ALANA: *bursts self-righteously into Jack's Office* WTF? LIARS! You all bastards! Tell me what's going on so I can TELL EVERYTHING TO EVERYONE as that's my thing, okay? They're courting Jack! Courting with corpses! They didn't ask me for a threesome!
JACK: I should probably fire you, buuuuut, I'm going to let you in on things. I can't see how you could possibly fuck things up!

More+
Flag
Your comment is pure genius. A+. Will read again.
Flag
I love you. You just made my day because I agree with everything you said. I hate Alana. All she does is whine, tell everybody's business, and stand around looking stupid.
Flag
***thunderous applause***bravo, bravo. you are on fire. i loved every word.

i only have one mild dissension. do not be cutting off anyone's peter. good peter is too hard to find and i cannot condone the dismembering of mister parts. nutz should be left in tact in case you need them for a rainy day. speaking of which, where is my umbrella?
Flag
Awww, poor dim-bulbed Alana. Bless. BTW, two thumbs up on your review. Keep 'em coming!
Flag
Dude, that review was awesome. I could see a pilot episode for such a series. Give this tv show to ABC. they seem to like such shows. #superfunnightstillnot cancelled
Flag
I laughed so hard reading your review! You have Alana pegged. She isn't the brightest bulb sometimes.
Flag
"I don't hide from God." - Hannibal is such a bad ass
Flag

I'll have whatever they're having (not really, watching them eat those birds 'bones and all' was gross, although as always with Hannibal, oddly sexual as well).
Flag
Those birds actually might be pretty good. I've had spring chicken before. It's a deep fried baby chicken that's young enough that you can eat their bones. Goes great with some banana ketchup.
Flag
wow
Flag
swallowing those songbirds in tandem was symbolic fellatio. i like the old-fashioned fellatio better.
Flag
What utter BS. Preempted for a freaking baseball game. &_
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members