A Hannibal Community
NBC (ended 2015)

Hannibal doesn't return until this Friday, February 28, but as a bit of an amuse-bouche, NBC has released the opening scene from the Season 2 premiere to both tickle and terrify your TV tastebuds. But before you hit play, I have to warn you: It's VERY tense, and even though it's only two minutes long, it's full of 100 percent anxiety-inducing drama that'll leave you salivating for more. For comparison's sake, I'd say I experienced Breaking Bad-levels of anxiety and emotion while watching it. 

Also before you hit play, here's some set-up: The scene takes place several weeks in the future, as Jack Crawford (Laurence Fishburne) arrives at Hannibal Lecter's (Mads Mikkelsen) home for dinner, and after seeing a murderous glint in Hannibal's eye, a fight breaks out. Coincidentally, I spoke with series creator Bryan Fuller last week, and he admitted that he wrote the fight into the season premiere because he simply couldn't wait to see it. "I knew that's where we were going for the end of the second season," he said, "but I was greedy and impatient and needed to see it much sooner than that." 

It's cool, Bryan, because we're all greedy, too. So go ahead and watch it six or seven times and then wonder out loud whether it's Friday yet, because it really is delicious.

Hannibal Season 2 premieres Friday, February 28 at 10pm. Are you ready?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 8/29/2015

Season 3 : Episode 13

31 Comments
Comments (29)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
That fight had a lot of 'Banshee' in it. Why air 'em at the same time? Similar audiences - both suffer. NBC is just plain stupid. Put this show on during the week. This should be their Thursday at 10pm show - IT IS (SOMEONE ELSE'S) BEST DRAMA. Why make it a contest between the two finest Danes on TV Mads and Ulrich?
Flag
This looks amazing. I thought the first season was damn near perfect and I've read reviews that season two is building on what made the first so great.
Flag
Wow, I guess we know who's for dinner! lol I can't wait for this show.
Flag
Oh god, a new horror: instead of the 'This content is not available in your area' message, the video told me in a HAUNTING voice.
Flag
PS Thanks to those who re-posted it in a form I can watch. YAY HANNIBAL
Flag
O.O
Flag
Wait...this is how the season starts?!?!? The few clips of this fight I saw in the season 2 promo are what had me most concerned. If they take place at the very start...what the hell?

Either Jack dies or learns he the truth...wouldn't either of those two things take away part of what makes Hannibal so good?
Flag
This opening is supposed to be a flash forward to the end of the season. Everyone knows, or should know, that Hannibal will eventually get caught and found out as the cannibal killer he really is. What makes this show so good, one of the reasons anyway, is Hannibal interacting with people before his incarceration. We know he is eventually going to get caught and it makes it just that much more sweet to see it happen. I also heard season 3 will feature a fugitive type of season with Hannibal on the run.
Flag
Hope this is the right one for all those who cant watch the vid below (like me)

Flag
Youtube version for anyone else who couldn't get the other video to work :)

And OMG, I just finished marathoning through season 1 over the weekend and can not wait for this to return. Why isn't it Friday yet?!
Flag
A pop-up appears, saying it is not available in my country! Noooooooo!!! *Weeps harder!*
Flag
:(
Flag
I'm still not liking this show. And even seeing this fight scene i'm not sold. The blood on Hannibal shirt looks ridiculous and makes no sense. Looks pretty stupid. But i'm still waiting for someone to call me stupid for not feeling this show. Am I really missing out? I saw the pilot and I thought it was incredibly dumb...i dunno...is this procedural with just one twist on the finale?
Flag
The blood on Hannibal's shirt is from Jack's wounded hand.
Flag
You're not stupid for not liking it. It's probably not for everyone! I will say that this is the kind of show that sort of grows on you. It's so gross at times, but then it's shot so beautifully that I don't mind the gross stuff (normally I don't care for gore). Also, the relationships between the characters become really interesting.
Flag
You're sooooooo stupid for not feeling this show!
Just kidding, you certainly have the right to not love Hannibal from the very first episode. But I'd definitely encourage you to at least give it the 4 episode test. It starts out as somewhat of a procedural but quickly turns into a character driven drama. And one that has some great, cool, twisted and crazy characters. Which makes for some unconventional moments, like the fight scene above (that I'm dying to know more about because right now my only theory is that Hannibal is just super hungry).
But anyway Hannibal really is something special and IMO the best show currently on network TV (which is especially unbelievable since it's on NBC of all networks).
Flag
Ok cool, i'l take your word for it and do the 4-epi test after all! :)
Flag
It won't play on my phone! Oh, god, It won't play on my phone! Nooooooo!! *drops to my knees and weeps*
Flag
Okay, so this is awesome. The fighting is pretty darn great. Jack's clear brute force, years of on the job cop schooling versus Hannibal's career serial killing intuition. Love it. And the fighting on this show is nowhere near the psychology in terms of why this show rules. Cannot wait.
Flag
Staff
Thank Berle they finally just put this clip out there.
Flag
Staff
I've already watched it at least 5 times.
Flag
OMG! Every time I see Mads fighting it's amazing. His attention to detail in the choreography of his fight scenes is perfect. He never breaks character, not once during that fight did I see an actor pretending to throw punches. Also DAMN! Laurence hasn't lost a step since his Morpheus days. Can't wait for the premiere.
Flag
Sorry but that is the most over-choreographed fight scene I've ever seen.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members