A Hannibal Community
NBC (ended 2015)

I don't know whose bright idea it was to hold Hannibal's panel at the Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour during breakfast, but that person is either very sick, a genius, or a sick genius. There's something about watching the new trailer for Season 2 (which kicks off on February 28) while chowing down on bacon and sausage that makes you really question your life choices. But right now, I'm pretty okay with those choices, because this trailer is really well-done and totally sick... as in awesome, of course. Click play and experience its beautiful horror for yourself:

And here are some additional highlights from panel:

– Series creator Bryan Fuller said the first episode of Season 2 could also be described as Episode 14 of Season 1, because it closely deals with the events of the finale. The premiere is a two-parter, with the second half airing March 7.

– Eddie Izzard, Gillian Anderson, and Raul Esparza will all be back for Season 2. Amanda Plummer will guest-star as someone who'll make you think twice about getting acupuncture. 

– Fuller called the show's imagery and storylines "borderline fantasy," and said that stylizing the violence heightens it so it's a little less real. "I'm sensitive," Fuller said, "I watch dog videos all day to get to a happy-enough place to come back." If the crime scenes looked more real, he wouldn't be able to do the show. 

– The stag in Will's mind is a "cool excuse to do surreal imagery," Fuller said, pointing out that it has feathers because Will amalgamated the ravens and the stags. The stag was Will's first look at "what Hannibal Lecter was capable of," which is why he was so traumatized. That's when Hugh Dancy jokingly cut in: "[Will] is so oversensitive!" 

– Fuller went on to describe the stag as "Will's patronus, in a way," because he's just like the rest of us/a marketing genius.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 8/29/2015

Season 3 : Episode 13

89 Comments
Comments (87)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I'm convinced NBC never really watched this before airing it. It's too well done. It's a cable show that snuck onto broadcast. Whoever didn't screen this originally should be rewarded.
Flag
i'm so hype for this but i'm worried because it's on friday nights and on nbc
Flag
Two words...HELL YEAH!!!
Flag
I've seen the trailer twice... oh god I want to see this now... ugh... Hannibal gets active in this season. I can't wait to see that episode between Jack and him. EEEE!! I'M EXCITED!!!! <3
Flag
once again, we get a video that can`t be watched outside of the states.....

aaaaaanyway, this looks so good! i still can`t believe how brilliant and perfect this show is!
Flag
I did the exact same thing....I curse many an embedded geography specific video. Many thanks for posting! And it saves me the bother!
Flag
Bless you friend!!!!! I was so pissed then scrolled down to complain about the video then you. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flag
Hannibal (Mads) jumping up to break down the door and knife up Jack. My reaction? "Good gracious that man is hot...so graceful as he shanks a FBI agent. Mmmmm." I should probably be concerned.
Flag
a lovely day for it to start.... on my bday lol xD
Flag
cant wait. Hannial and Bates Motel = best shows on tv
Flag
I remember when this was first announced and I scoffed at the idea of a Hannibal show on NBC of all places. I have never been so happy to be so wrong. This show is among the very best of television.
Flag
Yep, anything on NBC gives me pause (though The Blacklist is not bad and Grimm's solid fun) and then the risk that a show about Harris' characters is just going to exploit the popularity... And yet, this show was my fav new show last season and it looks as if this season is going to be even more awesome!
Flag
Me too. Before it aired, I was almost scoffing up blood & had every intention to not give it a chance. I'm a big Bryan Fuller fan though & once I read he was behind it, I figured "eeh ok. Why not?"
Even though it's on NBC, Hannibal being on that network just kinda proves the old saying: Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Heh!
Flag
Oh man. I am the giddiest. All of the notes were beautiful, too. It's nice to see the more human side of this show's creator. And I also get this distinct feeling Hannibal is going to be just these two seasons, three at the very most. If the stretch it more than that, they'll lose what makes it so incredibly exquisite as a series.
Flag
Wow, I didn't expect it to be so spoilery (I mean, Hannibal attacking Jack!?), but it has definitely got me more excited than ever for next season! I think it's time for me to start my re-watch.
Flag
It's only spoilery if you don't know anything about their literary predecessors. Both Red Dragon and The Silence of the Lambs make it clear that Lecter attacked and wounded Jack Crawford after he begins to rightly suspect him. I suppose it's a fair point about spoilers, but Hannibal has always rewarded its audience for being familiar with the future of the characters. It doesn't make it any less compelling television; if anything, it's richer for it.
Flag
Hurry up February!!!!
Flag
How about NBC goes and fucks themselves. Why the hell would I want to watch/support a show when the network that airs it doesn't actually want me to see it?
Flag
First and foremost it's an American show for Americans. If anyone else is able to see it, that's just a bonus. At the end of the day you have to realize you are not entitled to it.
Flag
That's the stupidest argument I've ever heard. Banana's don't grow in Canada but I get them at my grocery store because people know that bananas sell and therefore want to sell me them.
Flag
What's this attitude? What should it matter if someone is American or not? But just for the sake of argument, there are plenty of Americans that live overseas.....
Flag
I don't think that's the point of his comment. Networks and other production companies are restricted by agreements with local distributors about what they do and do not air. All territories governed by NBC's primary base can air the show. If they don't, it's because LOCAL NBC channels (such as the one reported last year in Utah) have chosen not to air them. If a viewer (or potential viewer) is miffed about not having access, I suggest they take it up with those outlets. I'm sure NBC would be happy to sell them the rights as long as it wouldn't violate any previous agreements.

I can't be bitchy about not being able to watch British television because I don't live in Britain. I'm dependent on separate contracts negotiated by those television production companies and American broadcasting companies.
Flag
Many people make the mistake of saying general things like 'fuck this network/fuck that network' when shows don't get proper love.
The trick is, we live in an era where we have the world at our fingertips & people outnumber corporate suits multi-millions to one. Money doesn't equal real power. Numbers do...with the right numbers, networks will always cave like the weak little greedy bitches they are, so if you like a show, don't boycott the network its on, do a small part to make the networks your bitch by putting your money where your mouth is by watching the show but boycotting its sponsors...(and this is key: tell the networks what you're doing & why...e-mailing is one of the easiest ways to do it)
It may not seem like much, & I know it sounds hippie-dippy, but oceans are made a drop at a time. Kickstarter & the Nuts Campaign taught me that far, far more than just some quote from Mother Teressa I read in a magazine somewhere.
Flag
I believe they are referring to the fact that you can only view the video if you live in the USA....
Flag
But why put that amount of time and rage into a post when less time and zero rage results in easy to find mirrors for the video. It's just laziness and a sense of entitlement that leads to people venting like the OP here.
Flag
Let's get something straight: Hannibal airs in Canada. Clearly the corporation has no problem sending their product across the 49th parallel so why the hell do they have a problem showing a preview of the show they're already airing? I should not have to go out of my way to view something on the Internet, that's the beauty of the Internet. It's just like me coming up to your house with a keg of beer and selling it to you, but I make you walk a mile to buy a tap from a store when I've already got a tap in my back pocket and can give/sell it to you at anytime.

Don't ever presume or assume you know something about a person from two sentences of text.
Flag
Then I'd be the 1st to say "DOH! my bad!" but even then, US shows eventually get distributed outside the US on other networks & the strategy still applies. It's not a prerequisite to live in America in order to pop American network bubbles ;)
Flag
Fucking NBC blocking Canadians from their videos.
Flag
This link should work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPi4ytN19Ow
Flag
I've re-watched season one again & the true beauty of it is something that snuck up on me and didn't realize until Lecter cracked a smile at the very end:
At some unknown point during the 2nd re-binge, I stopped comparing Will Graham to Ed Norton, Jack Crawford to Harvey Keitel & Hannibal to Anthony Hopkins.
In my mind from here on out, Dancy, Fishburne & Mikkelsen own the characters & the show no longer suffers by comparison to the kick ass Red Dragon re-do
Flag
I'll be sure to get a bottle of Chianti for Feb. 28.
Flag
I love the part in the trailer where Will says "I don't know which is worst, believing I did this, or believing you did this to me." That line could have been read so many ways, with anger or bewilderment, but the actor chose sorrow, which I think is perfect. What will considers equally bad to being an insane killer isn't just being framed and wrongly imprisoned, it is being betrayed by Hannibal. It really brings home how much Will trusted Hannibal and valued his friendship.
Flag
Wow...that was amazing. Hannibal trying to bust the door down...I literally gasped. Very well done. Dark, haunting & beautiful. Cannot wait!
Flag
ah i hope jack doesn't die
Flag
I hope he does and his last thought goes to Will.
Flag
This show is one that makes tv shows pieces of art.
Of course, the ratings aren't great because art can't please everyone.
I don't watch this show to rest my brain, i don't watch it to have warm feelings. I watch it to see beautiful actors acting in a beauctiful scenery.
I sincerely hope that NBC doesn't listen to the ratings. This show has the quality of cable ; it is normal it also has the audience.
Flag
How can something so dark be so beautiful?
Flag
And why does it have to be on NBC?
Flag
Where would you expect to be, the CW?
Flag
What Hungry_Homer111 said. You really think the CW would be my alternative?
Flag
Excellent points, @harpier. And by the way, I just mentioned the CW because there seems to be a massive fandom for the CW at tv.com, while NBC is constantly made fun of. The reviews of the CW vampire shows get hundreds of comments, even with their serious limitations, while Dracula isn't even being reviewed on this site. But I think NBC deserves better recognition.
Flag
@mad-pac

"NBC is not what it used to be..." I continue to be confused by this sentiment. Sure, it's not the rating juggernaut that it was in the mid-90s when Seinfeld and Friends ruled the world and everyone's mother was watching ER, and it doesn't have those cultural icons like The Cosby Show and Cheers, but I think it's producing some of its best programming in recent years. Recently cancelled series like Prime Suspect, 30 Rock, Awake, and (a little further back) Life, which was the best procedural in a very long time; currently airing Hannibal, Parks and Rec, up-and-down Community, and (maybe, depending on who you talk to) The Blacklist; and solid genre contributions like Grimm and (a couple years gone) Chuck. HBO or AMC it ain't, but it's not another crime procedural or laugh-track sitcom from CBS either.

Television is simply much better than it used to be. I'll admit, simultaneously worse as well. In addition to all the crap "reality" television, NBC's got a few scripted clunkers too. I still just don't understand what people are thinking about exactly when they recall some golden age of NBC broadcasting.
Flag
I agree, cable. But for a network, NBC does have shows style, like Grimm and Dracula. And no, the CW is no way a reference. The other day I was comparing Dracula with The Originals and the difference in style was remarkable. The scenes in Dracula seemed were much m,ore elaborate and carefully made, with much better cinematography and music. NBC is not what it used to be, but it does things right sometimes..
Flag
A show of this level of quality and (stylized) gore? I'd expect it to be on cable or Netflix.
Flag
I didn't know one can be without the other?
Flag
AHAHHAHAHA!!!!!! I am so excited
Flag
Woohoo! Only 40 days left to stock up on fava beans and Chianti!!!
Flag

Eat it up, Fannibals.

Flag
My faith in tv.com users has grown to the point where I now don't even feel the need to instantly open YouTube when I get the 'Uploader has not made this video available in your country' message. I just scroll down to the comments and know that someone will have posted it for me there. Thanks very muchly!
Flag
Use this link to watch a lower quality video but viewable from any country:
http://7.hidemyass.com/ip-1/encoded/Oi8vd3d3LnlvdXR1YmUuY29tL3dhdGNoP3Y9WTFMemNTN0RiNjg=&f=norefer#
Flag
I love this show (and can't wait for healthy Will to start seeing the holes he can only see). I wonder when we are going to get the strangest observation that Hannibal loves and respects Will so much he would be the only one Hannibal would want being credited with his crimes. That Stand By Me was haunting.
Flag
Just a few hours prior to reading this I also was thinking that Will's dreamlike stag was his "form" of a Patronus Too bad he doesn't have Dumbledor to guide him. Fantastic show I wish the wait between seasons wasn't so long
Flag
I'm really interested to see what happens when Hannibal is forced to do whatever's necessary to preserve his life style. This is obviously a different universe than that off the movies so anything can happen.
Flag
*of
Flag
Unavailable in my country.... that's disappointing.
Flag
This link should work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPi4ytN19Ow
Flag
This link worked! Thanks!
Flag
does this work? If not then check out youtube~~I don't know why a youtube clip won't play in all countries...

Flag
Unfortunately youtube restrictions are hard to break. Harder than Hulu.
Flag
Because some countries have the most stupid laws ...
Thanks, Vicky!
Flag
does the video work?
lotensen~the letter "k" has been tarnished:-) lol j/k !
Flag
One of these days I tell you the story of Count Klotensen.
And his kloten.
Flag
that's the same? I found one when I searched Hannibal season 2 trailer, and looked for one posted very recently.
Flag
I can't wait! The trailer was dramatic, gorgeous and....I'm lost for words. HANNIBAL!! This show deserves awards and I can't believe it is on NBC.
Flag
I've been rewatching the first season to get ready for season 2, and I've grown to appreciate it even more than I already did. I love this show's character/dialogue-driven plot, and of course I love and admire the beautiful visual style it uses.

My rewatch alone was already getting me very hyped for what's to come in season 2, but this trailer raised that hype to a new level. I love what we see of the Hannibal/Will dynamic here, raising the tension between the two due to what happened in the season finale, while not straying too far from what made the relationship so good in season 1.

Here's hoping that NBC is good enough to give this the full 7 seasons, or another channel/streaming company picks it up, so Bryan Fuller's full vision is brought to life. But if not, I'd be happy if we at least got a 3rd season.
Flag
I sincerely hope Fuller's vision of Hannibal runs to the seven seasons his wants on NBC, or another network too. If there were ever a show to deserve it, it's this one.
Flag
I especially like knowing that he has such a specific plan for each season, which I could easily see staying fresh for the full 7 seasons, especially with the great cast and crew involved with the first season.
Flag
Staff
I'll chime in quickly: I've seen the first two episodes of Season 2 already, and they're both very good!
Flag
I am so jealous!!
Flag
You must be greatly privileged, I envy you! xD
Flag
I envy you... :(
Flag
Staff
It's so close though! Totally worth the wait, too, I promise! :)
Flag
Ha, true. And at least it gives me time to rewatch the first season. I'm just too excited to get some new episodes of Hannibal again.
Flag
I second that.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members