Hannibal Forums

Friday 10:00 PM on NBCBetween Seasons

Official Discussion of Episode Ceuf

TesserT

[1]May 1, 2013
    • level: 78
    Please use this thread to discuss episode Ceuf. Although it did not air on NBC, the episode is available on iTunes and has aired in India.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Drofic

[2]May 1, 2013
    • level: 1
    If NBC feels that episode 4 Ceuf needed pulling for their demographic then fair play to them.

For the rest of us that do not live in NA can you add in and renumber the episodes. Just put 'not aired in NA' in the date or something if you have to. Makes keeping track of what we have seen/missed a lot easier if all the infos there rather than tailoring the list just to North America.

TesserT

[3]May 1, 2013
    NBC pulled Ceuf (at the request of Bryan Fuller) and renumbered its episodes. There will only be 12 episodes in the line up that air. Just like tvguide and zap2it, tv.com will be listing 12 episodes. That's not an editor preference but in line with tv.com's episode guidelines. There is no option for listing an unaired episode at this time.
    Edited on 05/01/2013 8:40pm

AriSky

[4]May 1, 2013
    • level: 36

Oh man, crazytownbananapants jumped networks. There's no way the not-mother isn't related to Root from Person of Interest. So many of the same mannerisms, speaking patterns and logic. That type makes me genuinely uncomfortable to watch, which is perfect for the character being portrayed. Beyond that, there's a lot of character development in this episode that's really necessary for the fifth one to flow. I'm glad it wasn't pulled entirely. This is the first episode they've been a little more heavy-handed regarding who Lecter is and what he does (namely the 'what is this/rabbit' scene with Crawford), and it felt tacky, but his performance in this episode was painfully good, so it made up for it. 8.5/10

That this episode was pulled from the states is still a load of bunk, because this episode was downright tame compared to the others, but it is what it is and the changes have already been made. I stand by my initial statement that so long as the episode is included in whatever boxset released for Hannibal, I'll be content.

uchristensen

[5]May 6, 2013
    • level: 5
    The logic of TV.com not listing Ceuf as episode 4 is flawed IMHO, since it did "air" in part within episode order as 6 webisodes.
    It could be listed as a regular episode (initial air date being the release of the webisodes), because that's how it will air / has aired in other territories.
    The notes section could then state that only part of the episode was available in the US as 6 webisodes and that this is how the initial broadcast was. Likewise the notes section could state why this was the case.

Dandeleo

[6]May 22, 2013
    • level: 15
    Fair enough it wasn't aired in the USA but everywhere else in the world it was broadcast, even on the internet and iTunes, and presumably the dvds of the show will have the episode intact (as the reason for not airing it was solely due to current events, it will probably also be shown eventually in the states anyway). As such, shouldn't the episode guide reflect this episode in it's place in the series? I assumed TV.com was a more universal forum than just purely based on American airings, and keeping it removed from the list when other countries have seen it seems a little parochial. Just my thoughts. It was a very good episode.

Dandeleo

[7]May 22, 2013
    To simply say the episode is unaired and does not qualify under the guidelines seems erroneous when one considers the amount of people watching it on free-to-air television world-wide. Perhaps the guidelines need some tweaking in this regard to take into account the global audiences, as logic would dictate the placement chronologically so that people reading the site can understand the progression of the story, especially in the future when they want to watch them in order. Again, just a thought.

Dandeleo

[8]May 23, 2013
    I also see that the unaired Pilot episode of Dollhouse is placed in the Dollhouse listings in it's logical place order, but simply marked as unaired in US.

TesserT

[9]May 24, 2013
    As I already posted, there is no option for listing an unaired episode at this time - part of the site redesign. Dollhouse was prior to the redesign when the site didn't require you to input an air date.

fujin_mage

[10]May 25, 2013
    • level: 7
    Tv.com is a american site made for us only, you and i may not like it but it shows clearly when it comes to something like this. I dont live in the us, and episode 4 just aired here. I find it stupid that tv.com does not take other contrys into account...
    imdb.com has ALL the episodes listed online....
    come on tv.com JOIN THE FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!