Hannibal Forums

Friday 10:00 PM on NBCIn Season

Should I watch the movies?

Geertvdheide

[1]Jul 28, 2013
    • level: 10

I'm wondering: Does this show align well with the movies about the same character? I've seen one or more of the Hannibal-movies at some point but I forgot most of the details. I'm now considering watching them all (again) between seasons of this show. Would it be a useful addition, or is the show too much of a departure from what was done in the movies? If the two are too different and don't line up well together, then it may only end up being confusing, like trying to pair Tim Burton's Batman to Nolan's Batman, for example.

Any advice?

Edited on 07/28/2013 2:39am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Geertvdheide

[2]Aug 7, 2013
    • level: 10

Wow, this forum sure is quiet

(bump)

Haloprogram

[3]Dec 5, 2013
    • level: 7

I would suggest watching the movies (exception being Hannibal Rising) because they're good, very dark, but nevertheless good. Some stuff just doesn't match up e.g. Freddie being a fat guy instead of the annoying woman in the show, Hannibal sounds completely American, Crawford is white, Will isn't even close to how he's portrayed here (in Red Dragon) but it's still fun seeing like things you recognize from the show or the films if you started there, manifest themselves on the respective film or show.

You've probably already had time to watch them but didn't want this forum to seem too quiet