Hannibal Forums

Friday 10:00 PM on NBCBetween Seasons

The episode, titled Ceuf, originally slated as Episode 4 will not air in the USA

antdude

[1]Apr 19, 2013
    • level: 27
    http://www.tv.com/news/nbc-pulls-next-weeks-hannibal-entirely-and-other-scheduling-changes-136640001136/

Wow. Is that the one shown in last night's preview?

Title changed
    by TesserT, editor/moderator for Hannibal
    Edited on 04/21/2013 9:54pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AriSky

[2]Apr 19, 2013
    • level: 36

Canning that episode of Hannibal is complete BS! I understand that some people would be offended or triggered by it, but that's on them to not watch it. It's HANNIBAL, for feebas's sake. NBC finally has something going for it and starts butchering at the first available opportunity, probably because they haven't had a hit in so long that they're overworried about losing viewers. I'm going to be severely disappointed if they don't include the episode on the DVD release, at least. Bah.

I'm assuming it was the one previewed, which irritates me further because if they knew they were going to be canning it, why did they show the preview? That's just cruel.

AriSky

[3]Apr 19, 2013
    • level: 36

Upon further review, I think the preview they showed was not for the skipped episode. When NBC pitched the series, they did not include episode four in the pack of episodes for critics to review.

BUT, further BS:

"the fourth episode will run overseas, but not in the States."

nimrod

[4]Apr 19, 2013
    • level: 1

Ya, that is rather upsetting. Can't wait to see how relevent it is to what happened in Boston. That's not somewhere I saw this show's direction headed to.

TesserT

[5]Apr 21, 2013
    • level: 75
    The decision to pull the episode "Ceuf" was made "several hours before the Boston Marathon bombing". Although the episode was filmed before the Newtown tragedy, Bryan Fuller said "it was his idea to pull the episode out of sensitivity to recent events." Episode "Ceuf" was about "a string of family murders takes place and Will determines they were conducted by each of the families' missing children, who were abducted and brainwashed into killing their old families for their sinister "new family."

rkofan87

[7]Apr 24, 2013

odds of this episode being on the dvd? i say no .

rkofan87

[8]Apr 25, 2013

odds of this episode being on the dvd?

antdude

[9]Apr 25, 2013
    • level: 27
    rkofan87 wrote:

odds of this episode being on the dvd?

They should put in on discs, online, etc.

TheOutcaste

[10]Apr 25, 2013
    • level: 11
    They have 6 clips from the episode, approx 19 minutes worth, available on Hulu.

Pulling this episode is a stupid move; insult your viewers by saying they are to stupid to decide what they want to watch, great way to gain viewers.

Be interesting to see how many people in the US download this episode once it airs outside the US.

CeltFem

[11]Apr 26, 2013
    • level: 9
    Since at least part of Ceuf is online and is showing in full in other countries, should it still be categorized as episode four? From what I've heard, there is essential material included in Ceuf. Given that supposition, and the fact that it was originally going to be aired if not for unforseen tragic events, I believe that it should be re-inserted as episode four.

What do you folks think?

esponda1

[12]Apr 26, 2013
    • level: 38
    I completely agree that it should be listed as episode 4. If it was programmed to be so and if it anyway will air outside of US, then I see no reason to do otherwise.

By the way, does anyone know when will it air overseas?

CeltFem

[13]Apr 26, 2013
    • level: 9
    According to Wikipedia, it's scheduled to air in India tonight. ~ April 26, 2013 (India) ~ Though I've already seen at least one torrent for "Hannibal.S01E04.Pulled.Censored.Ceuf.1280x720-HD.mp4" so it may be that it has already aired in at least one other as yet unspecified country.

Dec1964

[14]Apr 26, 2013
    • level: 33

Watching 22mins of this episode makes a little sense, but its cut to pieces. Jack Crawford

says to his wife Bella is it too late to have kids & she says it is for me. Which she

cant because she has cancer, which was revealed in "Coquilles". I'm downloading the full episode,

now i know why Will was acting strange in "Coquilles".

Edited on 04/26/2013 9:00am

esponda1

[15]Apr 28, 2013
    Thanks a lot to Dec1964 for talking about plot in a thread with people saying that they want to wait until they can watch the full episode!

Which by the way, has anyone been able to watch it somewhere? I read it was going to air in India on Friday, but I can't seem to be able to find it anywhere. I imagine we are not really supposed to talk about downloading or streaming here, but doesn't an exception to that rule apply when there is no way to watch this episode any other way?

TesserT

[17]Apr 29, 2013
    • level: 75
    This is a show that originates here in the states. On tv.com we list episodes that actually air and we use the date that they air. Since Ceuf is not airing on NBC, this episode is not listed. Just like on Happy Endings the last episode of season 2 didn't air in the states but it did overseas. That episode was only listed here on tv.com when it actually aired here on ABC.

Also please note, the NBC Hannibal show page episode guide lists episode 4 as Coquilles.
    Edited on 04/29/2013 1:33pm

fujin_mage

[18]May 1, 2013
    • level: 7
    So i just got my hands on the FULL episode 4, and i dont see why it was cut...
    1. It Diddent come close to the boston events at all 2. It was a great psychological episode, that played on what familly really is
    3. missing carecter development is NOT covered in the mini episode

esponda1

[19]May 1, 2013
    I also found it streaming online, and I agree with the above comment. I don't think it is any more violent that the other episodes and it never reminded me of any of the tragedies that were the reason for its removal. Perhaps just because it has to do with children, but I think it was exaggerated.

It is really too bad that the editor of the page is taking the rather narrow view of only considering what happens in the USA as official. It might not be listed in the NBC website, but it did air somewhere else and its not a bad episode at all. I still think it should be listed as episode 4 here, don't support unnecessary censorship even if it comes from the creators of the show. I would agree if they would've completely eliminated the episode, but the fact that it aired somewhere else for me is enough reason to include it in the list.

I guess I'll get deleted if I post the link here, but if anyone is interested in watching the full episode send me a PM and I'll be happy to point in the right direction.

NOTE from Editor: There a rules and guidelines for episode listings here on tv.com. It has nothing to do with content. Please read: http://www.tv.com/tv-com-user-submission-support/submission-tips-column-13-how-to-submit-an-episode/topic/79302-845591/msgs.html for how episodes are submitted. Episode Ceuf didn't air on NBC nor is it part of their official episode list so it's not listed here. Please keep your forum posts from being disparaging towards other users.
    Edited on 05/01/2013 9:51am

Dec1964

[20]May 3, 2013
    • level: 33

esponda1 wrote:
    Thanks a lot to Dec1964 for talking about plot in a thread with people saying that they want to wait until they can watch the full episode! Which by the way, has anyone been able to watch it somewhere? I read it was going to air in India on Friday, but I can't seem to be able to find it anywhere. I imagine we are not really supposed to talk about downloading or streaming here, but doesn't an exception to that rule apply when there is no way to watch this episode any other way?

Sorry i didn't mean to ruin the storyline for you, but the missing episode Ceuf is on every

Torrent website you can find.