Hannibal

Relevés

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Jun 13, 2013 on NBC

• you made me chicken soup!

"Silkie chicken in a broth. A black-boned bird prized in China for its medicinal values since the 7th century. Wolfberries, ginseng, ginger, red dates, and star "You made me chicken soup?"

My favorite scene of this great pre finale episode. In it's simplicity it's a clash of cultures and viewpoints between Will and Hannibal. And also it clearly marks a turnpoint, where Hannibal learns he cannot control Will and his empathic ability. Will's summary of the dish description is almost offensive. Hannibal's consent that comes after a little pause is almost shocked. It was yet another power play of the 2 great minds and clearly puts aside any possibility of true friendship - if there ever was one.

When later on Hannibal explains his curiosity to Abigail it brought me the closest in this show so far to understanding and seeing the Hannibal character I got to know from Silence Of The Lambs: playful, charismatic, super relaxed, yet suffering from the boredom of feeling alone at the top in a world with nothing to offer for him but human inconsistency.

I loved every bit of it.