Happy Days

Fearless Fonzarelli (2)

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Sep 30, 1975 on ABC

7.6
  • Fonzie successfully completes the jump but pays a price for doing so.

After a quick recap of the previous episode, we see Fonzie successfully complete his spectacular jumps and crashes heavily into Arnold's chicken stand. At first, we are not sure about the state of his injuries - is he badly hurt, or worse?

After what seems like ages, we learn that Fonzie IS injured, but not fatally. He has badly damaged his knee and needs immediate surgey on it. After he returns home after the operation, he finds the Cunningham's living room couch the best place to recuperate but he realises how lucky he is to be alive and that the stunt could have cost him far more than an injured knee.
  • Completing his jump, Fonzie crashes into Arnold's chicken stand and injures his leg. Faced with an operation on his knee, he takes up residence on the Cunninghams' sofa...

7.8
    The big events of part one would have made for a decent single episode, but with such a big spectacle, the producers seemingly felt need to extend this story into a two-parter. Personally I don't really think it was needed. The events of this episode are reasonable, but not as good as those seen in part one. It doesn't suffer from as much padding as many two-parters (both in this series and beyond) often suffer from though. Eventally, Fonzie is persuaded to takle his knee injury and try to walk again. The whole thing about him seeming to has lost his cool touch (pun intended!) from part one very much seems to be forgotten though. Maybe it's just about him believing in himself.