In this episode, Fonzie is able to remain "cool" in a situation not normally associated with being cool - recovering from an injury.
Other examples in other episodes this season include:
- Joining the police ("Fonzie the Flatfoot")
- Grocery shopping ("A Date with Fonzie")
- A protégé of Potsie (a dream in "They Call it Potsie Love")
- Admitting an error ("Tell it to the Marines")
- In a tuxedo, dancing the Tango ("Dance Contest")
- Wearing a polyester suit ("Fonzie the Salesman")
- A clueless parent ("Bringing Up Spike")
- Needing glasses ("A Sight for Sore Eyes")
- Wearing a kimono ("Arnold's Wedding")
(Fonzie's stunt ends with a crash into Arnold's chicken stand.)
Fonzie: Why did he put the chicken stand right there?
Potsie: You were supposed to veer to the left.
Fonzie: A guy jumping over 14 barrels has got the right of way!
Doctor: I've been able to schedule your surgery for eight o'clock tomorrow.
Fonzie: Hey, I don't get up till nine.
Doctor: Good, then we'll save money on the anesthesia.