Happy Days

Fonzie Loves Pinky (1)

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Sep 21, 1976 on ABC

6.3
  • Happy days "pinked out" with this episode trio

"Fonzie Loves Pinky 1-3" was my favorite of the whole series. The phrase "jump the shark" describes the episode from season 5 Where Fondue did just that. It was later applied to other tv shows to indicate the show peaking, then declining. Opinions do vary, but I consider FLP 1-3 the peak of Happy Days.

Pinky was hot, cool, had swagger, style, sex appeal, confidence, charm, & charisma. Her bigger than life persona was her undoing. Just rewatching this trilogy after decades reminded me how Pinky was taking over the show. She was the female counterpart to Fonz, a natural leader, queen bee, & cener of attention. She was even beginning to upstage Fonzie. She dominated that episode. Like Fondue, when she called a meeting with her "Pinkettes", they convened in the ladies powder room, Pinky's "office", similar to Fondue using the men's room. The chemistry & tension between Fond & Pinky is strong. They were a match made in heaven.

Had Pinky stayed, she & Fond dominate, Rich is a supporting character, with every other role diminished. Ralph, Potsie, Joanie, Howard, & Marion already were pushed aside after season 1 to allow Fonzie to ascend. They were not going to let Pinky muscle in on them. She had to go, plain & simple.

The closing scene was intense. Fondue & Pinky say goodbye, then Pinky & her crew fade into the sunrise. Fonzie's sad face was unforgettable. We never saw Pinky ever again, to my dismay. They could have given her an occasional visit, but there was likely a reason for not doing so.

Thoughts, comments? BR. Claude
  • Fonzie loves Pinky

Dis de bes dom show on telibishin!!!
  • A guy like Fonzie has a lot of old flames, in this three-part series opener, we meet Pinky Tuscadero, a motorbike enthusiast like himself who is in town to perform stunts on her motorcycle.

3.5
    I have to say that in my opinion this three-part opener to Series Four was the worst of the entire series. There was barely a trace of humor, some terrible special effects and a really weak script. No doubt others will disagree with me but I just didn't like it.

Pinky Tuscadero (Roz Kelly) is an old friend and an old flame of Fonzie's. She is in town to perform some pretty dangerous stunts on her motorcycle and to comepete in a demolition derby. She is obviously good at what she does because there is a lot of excitement among the locals as she prepares to perform, there just wasn't any excitement in the episode itself. The two Mallachi brothers, Count and Rocco, who injure Pinky do provide some very light relief though.