Happy Days Forums

ABC (ended 1984)

Do you have an all-time favorite episode from the show?

Lady_Lancaster

[1]Nov 26, 2009
    • level: 41
    There are certainly plenty to choose from, so which one do you like best and why?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

youngbrowny

[2]Dec 22, 2009
    • level: 21
    Of 255 classic episodes to choose from, certainly one of my faves has always been "Hard Cover" from Season 5. This genuinely uproarious episode has many fine moments including but not limited to, the introduction of Richie's new girlfriend (and eventual wife) Lori Beth Allen as played by Lynda Goodfriend. Additionally the rapport between the supporting actors, facing the genuinely funny predicament they find themselves in makes this quite a memorable outing, the least of which is the real life fact that Fonzie borrowing a library book caused a 500% increase in library memberships across the US due to this one act. Such is the power of television. The final tag segment in itself is a funny moment and is often edited out of syndicated reruns but shows Howard and Marion being filmed dressed in costume as Laurel and Hardy for Howard's new home movie camera.
    Edited on 12/22/2009 7:09am

Peggy_Porcupine

[3]Aug 2, 2010
    • level: 13

I don't remember which season or which episode or the title for that matter, but it was the episode with Joanie's first date. Mom and Dad were sitting in the kitchen waiting for her to return. Marion was trying very hard to calm her husband down. After all, what could go wrong? We taught her well, she can be trusted, etc. Just as she finally has him convinced that everything is okay and he could go to bed she blows it by saying something like "After all, remember how it was when you were dating." His reply: That's why I am so worried! Help me - what episode was that? (It was NOT Joanie's first Kiss in Season 5...)

Peggy from Porcupine

anglemark10

[4]Sep 7, 2010
    • level: 70

You're thinking of "Not with My Sister You Don't" from the second season.

pscf3

[5]Jul 29, 2011
    • level: 16
    This is my favorite, too. I saw it the other day on the hub and laughed non-stop.

youngbrowny wrote:
    Of 255 classic episodes to choose from, certainly one of my faves has always been "Hard Cover" from Season 5. This genuinely uproarious episode has many fine moments including but not limited to, the introduction of Richie's new girlfriend (and eventual wife) Lori Beth Allen as played by Lynda Goodfriend. Additionally the rapport between the supporting actors, facing the genuinely funny predicament they find themselves in makes this quite a memorable outing, the least of which is the real life fact that Fonzie borrowing a library book caused a 500% increase in library memberships across the US due to this one act. Such is the power of television. The final tag segment in itself is a funny moment and is often edited out of syndicated reruns but shows Howard and Marion being filmed dressed in costume as Laurel and Hardy for Howard's new home movie camera.