Happy Days Forums

ABC (ended 1984)

Who Is This Background Character Actor

HeartRose4

[1]Apr 4, 2013
    • level: 1

In the Introduction of the first episode, and into several episodes after that, it shows Richie combing his hair in the bathroom at Arnold's Restaurant. Next to Richie is Potsie combing his hair. Next to Potsie is another boy combing his hair. This boy turns out to be a regular Background Character Actor on the show for many years. He never talked, but he clearly is shown as part of the group of kids always in the background. In Episode 79, air date Feb. 1, 1977, titled, "Marion Rebels", Marion gets a job as a waitress at Arnold's, and she is cramping the boys' style. The boys, Richie, Ralph, Potsie, Al, and Fonzie then gather in the bathroom at Arnold's to discuss who would be the one to fire Marion. While in the bathroom, this boy comes in and hands Richie a note ( which is from Marion). He is the guy who I'm trying to find out what his real name is. He's on SO MANY episodes, but I can never find out any information on him. His roles were always minor, just showing up in the background in 1 or 2 scenes. Again, he never talked but was always seen dancing in the background with the other background characters, or just standing there in the background. If anyone has any info on who this guy is, I would sure appreciate finding it out. I'm just interested in what his name is, and what he's been doing for the last 30 plus years. Thanks so much. Kathy HeartRose4@aol.com

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

youngbrowny

[2]Jun 15, 2013
    • level: 21

Hi Kathy, The bit part character actor you are thinking of is named MICKEY WHEATLEY and you are right he was featured in many episodes as background atmosphere. He was referenced as 'Mickey' several times over the years the show was on by the lead male characters (ie. Richie and his friends). Unfortunately there is no listing for him at the Internet Movie Database. I even know of an episode where his credit was "Mickey G. Wheatley". There was a handful of others who also appeared in the background on Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley and Mork and Mindy, which of course were all Paramount Television Productions created by Gary Marshall. How these background performers names were eventually learned is that like him, they were somemes given a line or two of dialog and had their names on the credits! You just have to watch closely. There is like a stock company of background actors on HD and these include Hilary Horan, Heather Warren, Walter Von (Heune) amongst many others. You may not know the names, but you will definitely know the faces. I hope this helps. Geoff.

Edited on 06/15/2013 7:03pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.