Happy Days

I'm Not at Liberty

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Feb 08, 1983 on ABC

• A mediocre, somewhat corny episode overall, but Ed Peck's last appearance as the Fonz's nemesis Officer Kirk makes it special - even if the plot is a little thin.

4.5
    Didn't we already see this episode? It seems oddly reminiscient of the 4th season episode #83- The Physical, when Richie, Potsie, Ralph, and the Fonz had to report for their army physicals. The difference is that this time it is Potsie, Roger and the Fonz in the army - with Officer Kirk as their commanding officer. The side story with Howard trying to get the Fonz out of reserve duty provides some laughs, and Arnold shines even though his appearance is brief (he always gets the funniest lines). The Fonz promises Heather that he will be back at Arnold's in time for her birthday party, which I guess is a necessary plot point to get him to go AWOL, but it gives Heather a little too much reason to whine about something for my taste. Fonzie's interaction with Kirk and jabs at Potsie's expense are definately the high points of the episode; there are definately some good classic lines in what is an otherwise painful to watch episode.
HUB