Happy Days

Richie's Cup Runneth Over

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Jan 29, 1974 on ABC

7.4
  • Richie and Potsie are thrilled when they are invited to Potsie's cousin's stag party.

Richie and Potsie are going to attend their first stag party but realise that they don't want to find themselves in a situation where they are blind drunk so, in order to counteract the effect of the alcohol they are going to consume later, the two boys drink olive oil and milk, which they believe will help keep them sober.

It doesn't really work all that well ... During the party, a beer drinking competition is held and Richie is a very sick and sorry boy when he gets home. When asked how much he drank he replies that he was only drinking out of 'teeny weeny glasses' but when he also announces that he had 72 of them, it's little wonder that he's in bad shape!

A terrific episode with laughs all around while dealing with teenage drinking in a way that young viewers of the time could easily relate to and gain a positive message from.
  • Richie goes to a stag party for Potsie's cousin and has a few too many "teeny weeny glasses of beer". He comes home drunk.

This episode is hilarious. I enjoy watching Happy Days. I like to watch Richie and his friends grow up. I really hope this show stays on television for a long time. The topic of underage drinking is covered in almost every sitcom there is, and usually it is kind of overplayed, but this episode is a little different than those warm, touchy moments. Also, I doubt Richie would even be conscious if he had 72 shots of beer. I'm surprised he'd even be alive. I could be blowing it out of proportion, though.