Happy Days

The Other Richie Cunningham

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Oct 07, 1975 on ABC

• Howard needs Richie to take an important client's daughter out on a date, but, unfortunately, Richie isn't able to make it ...

Howard badly wants to seal an important deal with 'The Prince of Porceline' for Cunningham Hardware and he asks Richie to help him do so by taking the client's daughter out on a date. Normally, Richie would be happy to oblige but, unfortunately, he has already arranged a big date of his own for the same evening and so, he does what anybody would do - he asks Potsie to go on the date in his place and pretend to be him!

This should have been absolutely hilarious and fraught with problems but the script was weak and the laughs just weren't there. Better luck next time, folks.
  • Howard is close to sealing a big business deal for his hardware store, and asks Richie to take his client's daughter on a date. But Richie has already got a big date planned, and so asks Potsie to take his place and pretend to be him...

In this episode, Richie swaps places with Potsie when Howard asks him to go on a date with the daughter of a new business parnter.

This is sit-com land, so naturally nothing is simple or straight forward as it should be.

The episode is good, but somehow I expected just a little bit more from the promising premise. It wasn't as facial or as hectic as I hoped it might have been. In many repects I fell that I should rate it higher than 'average', but I just felt that a bit more could have been done with the premise.
WZME