Happy Hour Forums

FOX (ended 2006)

It's officially cancelled!

charmedNY2K

[1]Nov 4, 2006
    • level: 10

According to DigitalSpy, Happy Hour is officially cancelled.

Fox has confirmed that it will reshuffle its schedule next week in the midst of a tough fall season for the network.

After The O.C. had a disastrous season premiere - attracting a paltry 3% share in adults 18-49 after going up against Grey's Anatomy and CSI - Fox will air original episodes of the show on Wednesday nights, where it will replace the now-pulled Rich List. In its new slot, it will go up against Lost and Criminal Minds.

Another casualty of the shake-up is Happy Hour, a Living TV pickup in the UK. However, Variety reports that production on the 13 episode order will be completed.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

maxpower144

[2]Nov 4, 2006
    • level: 60
    I have also noticed that "Happy Hour" has been taken off the Fox web site.

Thacks1

[4]Nov 5, 2006
    • level: 3
    Very Disappointed FOX

Again taking good shows off the air...

Very Disappointed

NathanCrom

[5]Nov 6, 2006
    • level: 1
    Fox pulled more good shows than it kept over the last 10 years ... just because they have a bad slot or some other stupid reason... if they put any of the shows after prison break or before house they would do phenominal

i prefer happy hour over til death but they kept that
    Edited on 11/06/2006 1:22am
    Edited 2 total times.

Fredsanfordfan

[6]Nov 6, 2006
    • level: 5

Yay! I told you America!

seinfeld111690

[7]Nov 6, 2006
    • level: 25
    I saw that coming

Duds_2k

[8]Nov 6, 2006
    • level: 7
    I'm not saying it was genius but to cancel it and leave the insulting risible happy hour with it's 1 joke "men only think about sex and women will whore themselves out because that's the only way to get a man to do anything lol" plotline...

crazy.

a845835

[9]Nov 8, 2006
    • level: 4

There is a God!!! Now FOX needs to grow some b@lls and cancel Til Death. The only reasons that Death didn't rightfully join Happy Hour in the sitcom graveyard is because Brad is in the show and FOX had a lot invested in it and a quick cancellation would have been very embarrassing for the network. Come Feb Til Death should be on permanent hiatus too.

Edited on 11/08/2006 6:07am

RottNKorpse

[11]Nov 14, 2006
    • level: 8
    this show was hilarious...Til Death was a much weaker show and if there was a choice between the two then I say axe Til Death...Happy Hour is much better. I forgot to watch the last show of Happy Hour because of the frackin world series...that crap was mind numbingly boring that I never watched fox while that crap was on...if I was on it for more than 2 seconds I was afraid I would dropkick my tv just for a short relief from the boredom that is baseball...

sphinx-shadow

[12]Nov 15, 2006
    • level: 2

Happy hour rocked it was a great show this is very disappointing.

danigro89

[13]Nov 19, 2006
    • level: 37

RottNKorpse wrote:
    this show was hilarious...Til Death was a much weaker show and if there was a choice between the two then I say axe Til Death...Happy Hour is much better. I forgot to watch the last show of Happy Hour because of the frackin world series...that crap was mind numbingly boring that I never watched fox while that crap was on...if I was on it for more than 2 seconds I was afraid I would dropkick my tv just for a short relief from the boredom that is baseball...

Til Death's ratings were higher but only because it was a lead in. Shows in the first half of an hour most of the time do better then in the second half hour which is why 30 Rock is still doing OK and 20 Good Years has been cancelled. Til Deaths ratings were better than Happy Hour's so Happy Hour got AXED. 

mitu123

[14]Nov 30, 2006
    • level: 14
    danigro89 wrote:

RottNKorpse wrote:

Til Death's ratings were higher but only because it was a lead in. Shows in the first half of an hour most of the time do better then in the second half hour which is why 30 Rock is still doing OK and 20 Good Years has been cancelled. Til Deaths ratings were better than Happy Hour's so Happy Hour got AXED.

Your right. I watch Til Death way more than Happy Hour(and believe it's funnier). I watch one episode of Happy Hour and became bored with it, and when I tried to watch the other episodes, they didn't seem that great. Fox made a good choice to get rid of this show, but really, this show should never got aired in the first place or get made for that matter. When I first saw this show, I said to myself "This ain't going to be that great", and I was right. Good thing it's canceled though.

Duds_2k

[15]Dec 5, 2006
    • level: 7
    Til death funnier?

It's one joke "LOL Men love sex and women use it as currency isn't that funny and original".

That's literally every single episode.

Miss_Sheena19

[16]Dec 12, 2006
    • level: 8
    Thacks1 wrote:
    Very Disappointed FOX

Again taking good shows off the air...

Very Disappointed

My fiance and I are extremely disappointed too! We watched it every week!