Happy Town Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

ABC CANCELS "HAPPY TOWN" (AGAIN)

waterbunshin

[1]Jun 18, 2010
    • level: 6

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- ABC has tabled the final two episodes of its short-lived drama "Happy Town."

Repeats of "Castle" will instead fill the Wednesday, 10:00/9:00c hour on said dates: June 30 and July 7.

It's understood those episodes - "Dallas Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore" and "Blame it on Rio Bravo" - will turn up on a Saturday evening later this summer.

ABC is already devoting Saturday, July 3 to the closing installments of "The Forgotten" while it's now been confirmed "Eastwick's" final two episodes will turn up on Saturday, July 10, also starting at 9:00/8:00c.

Meanwhile, the Alphabet also revealed today it plans to resume originals of "Wife Swap" on Friday, June 25 at 8:00/7:00c. It will be joined by new episodes of "Primetime: What Would You Do?" on Friday, July 9 at 9:00/8:00c.

source: http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2010/06/18/abc-cancels-happy-town-again-slates-wife-swap-primetime-eastwick-originals/8749/

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

enervator

[2]Jun 18, 2010
    • level: 38

Wow. I'm not completely surprised ABC did this. In fact, I didn't think it was even going to come back from its first hiatus. But still, they took it this far, so pulling it from the schedule now is ridiculous. I honestly doubt the network will even bother showing those last two episodes. Why not just throw them online now, so those of us who enjoyed the show can see what happens. There's really nothing else on ABC that I even watch anymore, so if they really do keep their promise and air these episodes the chances are I'll never even know about it.

I was a bit confused when I saw there wasn't an episode scheduled for this coming week, but then I figured they might just show the last two episodes back-to-back the following one. ABC has really spit in the face of everyone who stuck with this show.

Great to see they're bringing back classy shows like Wife Swap, though. I get the feeling that within a few years all of the major networks' schedules are going to be 90% reality garbage...if they aren't already.

KingofIPirates

[3]Jun 19, 2010
    • level: 32
    ABC seems to be pulling this type of thing regularly now.. not surprised at all.

4Narow

[4]Jun 20, 2010

Ugh. Really? It's only 8 eps total, they can't just show them? barf, ABC, barf!

waterbunshin

[5]Jun 22, 2010

Good news, the last 2 episodes are going to be posted online at ABC.com. The article doesnt say when, but at least we know that we'll be able to see how the mystery gets resolved.

source: http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/2010/06/21/happy-town-the-magic-man-to-be-revealed-as-the-series-wraps-online/

Edited on 06/22/2010 3:25pm

enervator

[6]Jun 23, 2010
    • level: 38

So I guess that means they've scrapped plans to air the last two episodes on TV altogether. Not at all surprised if that's the case. They should just throw them online immediately, then. What's the point in waiting?

lilswimchick

[7]Jun 23, 2010
    • level: 9
    Wow... the only reason this show didn't succeed is because ABC did such a piss poor job with advertising. Happy Town was awesome. And the fact that they aren't even going to play the last two episode for the people who did stick with it is ridiculous. Instead they're playing episodes of one of the most idiotic shows in the world. Reality tv is stupid and, in fact, TOTALLY UNREAL. I HATE ABC.

Svanehjerte

[8]Jun 23, 2010
    • level: 4

OMG! So depressing! First Eastwick, then FlashForward and now this! Cry All the best new shoes got cancelled... And what garbage they choose to send instead! Sick, sick, sick!

akamidnight

[9]Jun 24, 2010
    • level: 13

I guess that people outside the US will never see these episodes then... ABC sucks.

puredieselbc

[10]Jun 24, 2010
    • level: 3

Look, ABC signed a contract which states that they MUST AIR ALL EIGHT EPISODES ON TV. If they don't then the producers of Happy Town can sue their asses. That's why the final two episodes will be air on a Saturday next month in July. I figure either the 17th, 24th or 31st.

ABC has a nasty habit of burning off episodes so far after the original scheduled broadcast of a show, that viewers simply forget to look for them. It took them 6 MONTHS to air the final 3 episodes of Pushing Daisies. Next month they are finally airing the last couple of episodes for both The Forgotten and Eastwick.

So if you want to know who the "Magic Man" is I suggest you keep your eyes peeled on Saturdays in July.

David_Sylver

[11]Jun 24, 2010
    • level: 4

After Lost finished, Happy Town was the only other show ABC had worth watching. The way they treat viewers of episodic TV is insulting and like many others I won't even attempt to watch anything by ABC again regardless of favourable reviews and/or quality. It will pain me greatly to buy the final Lost season on Blu-ray knowing my money is funding execs and a network that have the spines of jellyfish. But after that it'll be the last penny I invest in ABC.

haldrey

[12]Jun 29, 2010
    • level: 22
    Look like ABC prefers to feed us garbage and repeats instead of innovative new shows. They are loosing me fast.

Merlin4421

[13]Jun 29, 2010
    • level: 7

Wednesday nights at 10pm what kind of ratingswere they expecting. FFS Screw the nielsen (SP?) rating system its bogus.

Edited on 06/29/2010 3:36pm

Placebo_obecalP

[14]Jul 1, 2010
    ABC = Tossers.

Dedwen

[15]Jul 1, 2010
    • level: 2
    God damn ABC they cancelling all of the great shows

drizztcz

[16]Jul 1, 2010
    • level: 3
    Damn, Happy Town was one of the show worth watching lately and now this. Screw ABC...

dif_frent

[17]Jul 1, 2010
    • level: 10

What's wrong with the ABC executives. Do they know what is going on or are they the ones bringing it on? Either way, they should be written off and fired.

waterbunshin

[18]Jul 1, 2010
    The last 2 episodes were just posted day at ABC.com. Go check it out. I just finished watching episode 7, one more to go.

Placebo_obecalP

[19]Jul 2, 2010
    This show deserves better than watching some crappy low res version through a browser probably having to use a slow US proxy to avoid geographical limitations

hagi619

[20]Jul 7, 2010

WOW! BS...