Happy Town Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

The blue door / Die blaue Tuer

Wishmaster1980

[1]Jul 4, 2010
    • level: 5

So the blue door movie is in german. Since i'm from germany i thought it will give some clues for the show but what i heard doesn't really help me figure something out. So here is what the talk about in the movie:

When Henley saw the movie they say: if the hangman knocks on the door, nothing is like it should be. We can't leave them there outside without protection. then come something with a cave can't figure out exactly what they say.

Womans Voice: What are u suggesting we have to protect ourself from him.

Man: There is not much we can do he only excists in the little human ability to (i guess the say hear but i'm not sure) It will stay that way untill the evil is defeated. His reign will never end. Do u know the picture?

Woman: What Picture

Man: A black cat climbs up ...

and then security comes in

When old Haplin and her grandson were watching it:

In the time the ... needs to celebrate his thing, we have to stay at home and realize that your mother is gone without a trace.

Woman: why do you say that?

Man :because it is true. she will be taken by a ghost and whose posessed words will be revealed.

Woman : And what are those words?

Man: That the town is going down... i couldn't hear the rest because of the explosion in the police station but something with a baby.

Woman: i don't care about the baby what about my mother?

Does someone get clues from all this ???

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

enervator

[2]Jul 4, 2010
    • level: 38

One of my biggest questions about it is what is Big Dave doing in the film.

frisil

[3]Jul 6, 2010
    • level: 2

enervator wrote:

One of my biggest questions about it is what is Big Dave doing in the film.

I think the film absorbed him. It's Peggie's spider web, that's why she was called "old spider". This film traps the souls of everyone dying in town and is kind of an afterlife, controlled by Peggie and her familiy. That's why her grandson says something like "that was the most horrible thing I ever saw" after watching it. It wasn't about the plot, it was because of the people in it. And that was the reason he decided to stay, because he will inherrit this afterworld someday. The title "die blaue Tür" also reminds me of "the blue gates of death", a song by David Tibet, this could be another hint that the film actually is a kind of afterlife.

Okay, just a guess, but for me it was clear all the time that there is something supernatural in the show. Such a shame we'll never find out for sure now that it's cancelled.

frisil

[4]Jul 6, 2010
    • level: 2

Having rewatched episode 5, I have to revise my theory: Tommy's wife also speaks of going through a blue door when under hypnosis. This means it's not Peggy who controls the realm beyond the blue door, but the magic 'man'. Thus, the film "die blaue Tür" is just a window into that world, the bodies the magic 'man' abducts are kept in suspended animation while their souls are trapped in this world. People who die (like Big Dave) also go into that world under certain circumstances, but won't be able to leave unlike those whose bodies are still intact, kept in suspended animation between life and death.

I think Peggy was some kind of satanic cult leader (the hammer being something like her symbol of power/athame) who ruled the town with an iron hand of tyranny (remember, Tommy's father spoke of "really wicked" people), probably she and her followers murdered anyone in their way.

Along came the magic man, maybe some kind of indian spirit and took possession of Alice, probably after Peggy murdered her with her hammer. Residing in Alice's revived body, the magic man then took hostages and brought them into his realm, and gave Peggy the film "Die blaue Tür" so that she could always see the hostages living in there with the dead, in order to prevent further bloodshed. That's why she watches it all the time, and that's what shocked her grandson and made him stay: He saw his mother in there and knew she was still alive, but trapped between life and death, and that's why he decided to stay.

Morally speaking, the magic man is not the good guy (because he takes innocent hostages and traps them in a limbo between life and death, and uses the film to tantalize their relatives) but he is not evil either, as he has good motives (preventing further bloodshed in town, protecting those who possibly summoned him as a last resort against Peggy and her cult),

What do you think, does that make sense?

dck133

[5]Jul 11, 2010
    • level: 3
    frisil wrote:

Having rewatched episode 5, I have to revise my theory: Tommy's wife also speaks of going through a blue door when under hypnosis. This means it's not Peggy who controls the realm beyond the blue door, but the magic 'man'. Thus, the film "die blaue Tür" is just a window into that world, the bodies the magic 'man' abducts are kept in suspended animation while their souls are trapped in this world. People who die (like Big Dave) also go into that world under certain circumstances, but won't be able to leave unlike those whose bodies are still intact, kept in suspended animation between life and death.

I think Peggy was some kind of satanic cult leader (the hammer being something like her symbol of power/athame) who ruled the town with an iron hand of tyranny (remember, Tommy's father spoke of "really wicked" people), probably she and her followers murdered anyone in their way.

Along came the magic man, maybe some kind of indian spirit and took possession of Alice, probably after Peggy murdered her with her hammer. Residing in Alice's revived body, the magic man then took hostages and brought them into his realm, and gave Peggy the film "Die blaue Tür" so that she could always see the hostages living in there with the dead, in order to prevent further bloodshed. That's why she watches it all the time, and that's what shocked her grandson and made him stay: He saw his mother in there and knew she was still alive, but trapped between life and death, and that's why he decided to stay.

Morally speaking, the magic man is not the good guy (because he takes innocent hostages and traps them in a limbo between life and death, and uses the film to tantalize their relatives) but he is not evil either, as he has good motives (preventing further bloodshed in town, protecting those who possibly summoned him as a last resort against Peggy and her cult),

What do you think, does that make sense?

Not quite - the magic man stole 7 victims - one a year - and then stopped suddenly 5 years ago? Alice was killed 5 years ago. So her death (which I believe was faked) couldn't have allowed her to be possessed since that would be after the kidnappings stopped.

martymcflyjb

[6]Jul 15, 2010
    • level: 10

The above post is the only flaw in your theory. Otherwise, pretty interesting. I wish the writers would find a way to reveal what their ultimate plans were.

dck133

[7]Jul 15, 2010
    • level: 3
    I have been thinking about this and I think that the reason that Peggy stabbed Alice is that Peggy discovered Alice was the magic man and thus stole her grandchild. Coming after her with a hammer seems like the type of reaction an outraged loved one would have. The question is why did the sheriff hide it?

enervator

[8]Jul 15, 2010
    • level: 38

martymcflyjb wrote:

The above post is the only flaw in your theory. Otherwise, pretty interesting. I wish the writers would find a way to reveal what their ultimate plans were.

Well, they could reveal it whenever they want. I've seen that happen a few times with abruptly canceled shows. I wonder if they're trying to shop it around in the hopes of it getting picked up by someone else. If they are, then they won't reveal anything until they've given up.

zitzitta

[9]Jul 30, 2010
    • level: 8
    enervator wrote:

martymcflyjb wrote:
    I wish the writers would find a way to reveal what their ultimate plans were.

Well, they could reveal it whenever they want. I've seen that happen a few times with abruptly canceled shows. I wonder if they're trying to shop it around in the hopes of it getting picked up by someone else. If they are, then they won't reveal anything until they've given up.

I'll cross my fingers and hope u're right and they, somehow, find someone interested in developing and produce their script. I still don't get it... why didn't this show get a decent audience? Were its competitors so "great?" At the end, we'll end up with 100% trash-tv shows (it's cheaper and people seem to like them better than good shows/series, anyhow...). I can see the future... I see an army... an army of happy, brain-dead trash-tv viewers...

XGalt

[10]Aug 3, 2010
    • level: 13
    I'd love zitzitta, but let's be honest. Happy Town was a nitch show that just didn't find an audience. With the ratings this show was getting near the end I doubt they'll get a pickup from a cable station.