Hardcastle & McCormick

ABC (ended 1986)

darquesyde

Hardcastle & McCormick Fan Reviews (7)

7.6
  • this was no knight rider

2.9
    i am guessing that this show was meant to compete with knight rider. ha! not quite. it had a cool car do not get me wrong, but this was no knight rider. it was sad to see the actor who played hardcastle committed suicide though. this was at least an entertaing show even though i did not watch it very much.
  • Hardcastle & McCormick is not just a show its about teamwork. Its about a soon to be retired judge who can not stay gone long enough. This judge Hardcastle teams up with a convict whos haveing trouble staying outta jail. They fight crime together and win.

When I first saw this show in the early 1980s all I remember is the red sports car The Coyote. That car could give Kitt a solid run for his money. It was so fast and it seemed like it was really a small car and could fly through the air. Here I am many years later talking about both the judge and the convict. Early in the show it seems like both can not get along at all. But in a funny sense they seem to try and outdo the other. Where there are bets involved or something off the wall. The judge and the convict fighting crime and winning together. Lets not forget about the Coyote to. Ive only seen the first season so far. If I remember right this tv show wasnt on that long but it had its moments of interest for me. And I would like to see the rest of the seasons out on dvd someday soon.
  • Nice car, thats all i can say.

There is nothing much i can say about this show, all i can say is that this program tried to be something it wasnt. Why do i like this show? Because of the car, thats all. I was like 6 when i used to watch this only because of the few seconds the beautiful whatever brand car would be on camera. My love for this car was the reason why my father bought me the very same car that the show presented. I should also say that i hate this show because one day, i left my beautiful car unattended in some canal for waters and it rolled down without me noticing it a couple of meters and somebody found it, leaving me sad for a couple of days.
  • Bickered a bit too much for my taste, but in the end it was a fun little show.

7.6
    I watched for Brian Keith and stayed for Daniel Hugh Kelly. They got on so well on this show.

If you've read my other reviews, then you might have noticed a theme. Aside from favorite actors, there's something else. Terrific chemistry. I find that I enjoy a show more when the leads really click. Whether or not they did in real life doesn't matter, though most often than not if they got along on the show, then they got along in real life too. And it's true in this case.

Retired judge Hardcastle (Keith) and "Skid" Mark McCormick (Hugh-Kelly) work together to solve crimes. The episodes are pogniant, funny and entertaining.
  • COYOTE!!!!!!

This show was the pinnacle of buddy shows. You have a smart-alec hotshot that can drive a fast car and a lunatic old tough as nails retired judge that forces him to help him fight crime. The Coyote race car was the awesome car from the show and they updated it a couple of times. I know I paid a lot of attention to the details of that car because I wanted one SO BAD. The show was full of action, humor and great chemistry between Hardcastle and McCormack. I get the feeling that this show would have lasted longer if it were on in the 90's instead of 80's because of the sudden popularity of the buddy movies like Running Scared and Lethal Weapon. Miss the show and wish the networks could start making good shows again instead of copying anything that gets ratings on another network.
  • Amazing chemistry -- those guys were really funny together. Great comic timing and wit!

Honestly, Daniel Hugh Kelly and Brian Keith were probably one of the best comic duos ever to hit the small screen. A wonderful show from the prolific Stephen J. Cannell. Every episode was packed with their comic misadventures and a car chase. What more could you want from an 1980s action show???
  • Shows that were writing as good as this and the stars that made it a great show are rare today,I sure wish theyed bring them back.I watched all of the shows.

Great show, Shows that were writing as good as this and the stars that made it a great show are rare today,I sure wish theyed bring them back.I watched all of the shows,I look forward to seeing it again someday please bring it back soon,you can't find shows like this anymore.