Harper's Island

Thrack, Splat, Sizzle

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM May 30, 2009 on CBS

• flashbacks? more like flash-fails

there were a bunch of flashbacks to the day that abby's mom died & wakefield was on his rampage. we learned that poor jimmy didn't get to hit that in high school & we saw how the burned face creepy guy got that way. it was ok, but not really tension filled. they probably should have shown the mom getting abducted & being killed, that would have kept the show scary, but they opted to concentrate on abby & it wasn't as effective because we've already seen when she discovers her dead mom, so no shock or scare. too bad, it would have been cool to see wakefield kill abby & kelly's mom. it was a big missed opportunity. which brings us to muttonchops. malcolm is so stupid, what an idiot. he shot a boat, stole money, got punched in the face & passed on sleeping with a hot blonde all for nothing because like an idiot he decided 2 burn the money. why? it won't bring booth back. oh well, he had a good run. showing the burning hand on the furnace was new, sizzle! i'm all for new ways for these people to die. his getting punched by danny was unexpected but when you think about it, it was a real reaction. guys would probably do that in the same situation. it was another good scene. oh & they caught JD & he was lucky henry didn't beat the hell out of him! daddy? nope, sorry madison. daddy is dead. how amazingly awesome would it be if they kill madison next episode?