Harper's Island

Whap

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Apr 09, 2009 on CBS

7.1
  • Harper's Island is the setting for the wedding of Trish Wellington and Henry Dunn. We begin as the wedding party and guests arrive for a week long celebration of their upcoming union.

Trish Wellington and Henry Dunn are about to be married in a week.. They and their entire wedding party and guests set off on a chartered boat to their former hometown of Harper's Island, off the coast of Seattle. Trish and Henry seem to be mismatched. She comes from a wealthy family and his family worked on the island during tourist season. However, they seem to be deeply in love.

Trish's father seems to believe that Henry is not good enough for his daughter and has secretly brought over Trish's ex to try to lure her away from Henry. Henry's best friend Abby is also in attendance and she must put aside her fears and battle bad memories of her mother's death. Henry and Abby must also keep an eye on Henry's troubled brother JD. Abby is dealing with her ex-boyfriend, Jimmy, who had a difficult time dealing with their breakup, Abby just up and left, no goodbye.

Several other focus characters in this episode---Chloe and Cal. They seem to be quite the mismatched pair. She's a flirt and very sexual. He's shy and almost a prude. There's Madison, the flower girl. She's kinda creepy. The first time we see her, she's trying to set a slug on fire with a magnifying glass. Later she's hovering at her parent's bed in the middle of the night, her mother wakes and she says a bunch of people were murdered on the island and smiles creepily. We haen't seen much from the rest of the wedding party and guests. Later I assume.

The first murder occurs during the ride out to the island, Trish's cousin was tied to the rudder of the boat and chopped to death. NO one has discovered this as of yet, Jimmy was literally inches from the decapitated head. There are several scenes where you think the next murder might occur, nope, just messing with you. Finally, near the end of the episode, Henry's Uncle Marty becomes the second victim. Marty is cut in half after falling on a plank bridge.

All in all, not a bad start. I will definitely be tuning in next week.