Harry's Law

In the Ghetto

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Mar 07, 2011 on NBC

• A touching episode - we see that Harriet Korn has heart; in more ways than one.

I am hoping that thinking, feeling, adult viewers are warming up to "Harry" the way I am. It is so refreshing to see an intelligent drama that uses humor in just the right places, while providing a complex story, we can empathize with. We met the young man at the center of this episode in "Gangbangers In The House". After finally healing from wounds inflicted in that episode, he is shot while helping Adam find a witness. When told he needs a liver transplant, the hospital committee refuses to bump him to the top of the list. Harriet tries everything she can, but finally it is the members of his former gang who offer their livers to save his life. There is a twist at the end, which will continue into subsequent episodes.

They really need to recast Malcolm. Dude is just terrible. And now it looks like we get the obligatory office romance? Cause that is going to save the ratings for this show.

"In the Ghetto" was another mediocre episode of a show that I thought had potential, but is now becoming nothing more than average TV. There was not even a real case here today (a kid in trouble for performing illegal medical operations? Really?) and instead they focused too much on the gang aspect of this show.

I hate to sound all negative because this was not a terrible episode, but it was not a very good one either.