Harry's Law

Queen of Snark

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Oct 12, 2011 on NBC

7.7
  • The show starts to repeat the failings of Ally McBeal - meaning this will be the last episode I watch

SPOILERS

This episode was disgusting. When it started I was excited to see the return of Paul McCrane and was hoping for a fun episode which had Puck and Harry working together.

Instead he passes Harry a case where a girl has committed suicide and his client is being charged because she revealed the girl was gay on a blog.

This start expanded quickly to reveal that this girl had not just revealed someone else to be gay, but hadorchestrateda bullying campaign against her. The DA made a good case, and then Harry went for her closing remarks.

Her message seemed to be everyone does it, so why blame this one. Let this girl go because, even though she knew what she was doing, we all do this so what is the harm.

Ally McBeal had the same problems with the lawyers winning cases they had no right to (morally). This episode even has two other lawyers arguing about morals and yet continues to have Harry defending a bully. The worst crime was the ending - just as Harry is about to talk about this being a bad day (and I was hoping was going to have her say she felt the girl should go to jail but they were lucky) they cut to an overlong and pathetic scene with a character leaving and suddenly everyone is broken up.

David E. Kelley should be ashamed of this episode and the message it sends (apparently we should all be ok with snarky blogs and just accept them instead of making a stand). A disgusting episode of TV, especially from a writer I expected more from.