Harry's Law

With Friends Like These...

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Mar 28, 2011 on NBC

5.5
    As Harry's Law's first season continues to wind down we see yet another disappointing episode of television. The breakdown at the end was such a typical David E. Kelly ending, and I am sure fans of his other shows loved it, but I did not. Too out there for my taste.

The case that Harry was handling this week was pretty bogus as well. Difficult to say that she could get this guy off, but I also think that a DA would not only put murder one on the table when he clearly could not get it based on Harry's defense.

Just a whole lot of absurdity in tonight's episode.
  • I didn't particularly care for the case or the client, Harriet chose to represent.

The client that Harriet chooses to defend is an old colleague. He has murdered his business partner during a "Mexican stand-off", here both lawyers drew guns during an argument. Later, when Harriet puts him on the stand, the defendant, Lou Drummond states the partner baited him by calling him insulting names. He drew his gun, but he stated it went off accidentally. Ho-humm.

Meanwhile, after professing his undying love to ex-girlfriend Rachel, Adam tries to gently break up with Chunhua. Rachel initially states she does not share Adam's feelings. Chunhua, incidentally, is devastated by the breakup. And finally, Malcolm and Jenna try to find balance in their burgeoning relationship.

Unfortunately, the season finale is fast approaching, and we will no doubt, be left with some unanswered questions.