A Hart of Dixie Community
Friday 9:00 PM on The CW

... AMC has ordered a pair of shows to series: Turn and Halt & Catch Fire. Halt & Catch Fire stars Lee Pace (Pushing Daisies) as a computer visionary in the 1980s who, along with an engineer and a prodigy, set out to revolutionize the computer world and give the big computer corporations the finger. Turn is set during the war for America's independence and tells the story of a farmer and his farmin' friends who develop a spy ring that helps turn the tide of war. This is the first time that AMC has ordered two series in the same cycle, and both are expected to air next year. [AMC via press release]

BUSINESS TIME

... Syfy has greenlit the 90-minute pilot Dominion, based on characters from the 2010 movie Legion. Wait, Legion? Didn't that totally bomb? Well, okay. Dominion is set 25 years in the future and follows a dude who is the key to saving mankind after a war between angels and humans has ruined everything. [Syfy via press release]

... Disney has ordered a third season of Lab Rats, a comedy about an ordinary teen who goes to high school with his three siblings who have super powers. [Disney XD via press release]

... NickMom (yes, that's a thing) and Whoopi Goldberg are finally teaming up just as you prayed for. Goldberg is developing Lounge, a hybrid talk show in which frank conversations with moms become pampering sessions for them. Also in the works are Undercover Cupid, a hidden-camera dating show for single parents where the dates are orchestrated by their kids; Country Mom, City Mom, a docu-series following Extreme Makeover: Home Edition's Tanya McQueen as she raises two kids in a small town in Texas and also lives with her husbands and stepkids in Los Angeles; and an untitled family comedy about a dad, his wife, and three daughters. [THR]

... MTV has renewed Ke$ha and ordered a Miley Cyrus documentary and okay I'm just going to jump off this bridge byyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeee *splash* [THR]

... Sharknado is coming to theaters for one night only. Two hundred Regal movie theaters across the country will show the Syfy original movie at midnight on August 2. Are we all still pretending that Sharknado is a thing? I recommend saving your money and just reading Price's photo recap. [Regal Cinemas]

CASTING NEWS

... Mistresses' Rules of Attraction's Shannyn Sossamon will star in the Fox miniseries Wayward Pines, from producer M. Night Shyamalan. The spooky series is about an FBI agent (Matt Dillon) who goes to a spooky town to find a pair of missing colleagues; Sossamon will play the wife of Dillon's character. [The Wrap]

... Hart of Dixie has promoted Kaitlyn Black to regular status for the upcoming season. Black plays Annabeth, who is described as a fan favorite. Yes, both fans like her! Boom! Take that, Hart of Dixie. [TV Line]

... Alcatraz's Parminder Nagra has joined NBC's upcoming thriller The Blacklist as a series regular. James Spader stars as a criminal who turns himself in to the FBI to snitch on many of his former cohorts but only if he works with a new female agent. Nagra will play an agent who mentors the young female agent. Yes, I realize Nagra is more famous for E.R. but I have made it my life's mission to never let people forget who was involved in Alcatraz. [Deadline Hollywood]

... Once Upon a Time has cast Tinkerbell! And it's some actress named Rose McIver, who apparently played the Yellow Ranger in Power Rangers RPM and we're way above my pay grade on this one. [EW]

REQUIRED READING

... Ever wonder what the offices of Netflix are like the night they have to launch an original series? The AP was there when the company released Orange Is the New Black, and there's a lot more to do than just press a button. [Associated Press]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/16/2014

Season 3 : Episode 22

87 Comments
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    Masters of Illusion Jaws of Death
    NEW
    CW
  • 9:00 pm
    Dateline NBC Bad Blood