Hart of Dixie Forums

Friday 9:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Am I the only one?

KasenStuff

[1]Apr 18, 2012
    • level: 5

Am I the only one who thinks that there's nothing wrong with Lemon and Lavon having dated while George was away? He was gone TWO YEARS. Did he honestly expect her not to find someone else in that time? Did he honestly stay faithful in NY all that time? I highly doubt it. For all intents and purposes I think they were broken up and just decided to get back together when he finally came back home... It's just silly to be upset... She didn't want to live in NY, and he went there anyway... Kinda sounds like a break up to me. *shrugs*

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stellarchick86

[2]Apr 21, 2012
    • level: 32
    Yeah, I would agree with that. Maybe she feels guilty because Lavon was a friend? (or was he not really a friend to George at the time)? It sounds to me like she was trying to pass the time with Lavon and then once George came back it was like "Oh nevermind, I want him instead!" and that was the problem that I had with the situation. Lavon has feelings too. But maybe Im misunderstanding the situation.

angeland8

[3]Apr 24, 2012
    • level: 10
    We were on a break!!!

But yeah, I agree. It's not like she had an affair while he was by her side every day.

KasenStuff

[4]Apr 24, 2012
    • level: 5
    Exactly. 2 years is a long time, and I don't think she ever went to NY and he didn't come back home. At least, that's the feeling I get. No, I honestly think they consider it cheating. Although, with the Friends reference... Yeah they were on a break, but it had been ONE night... So I'm on the fence about that one as well lol. Yes, they were on a break, but... That very night? Very disrespectful.

My fiancee and bf of 3 years was with someone new 2 months after he broke up with me.. Although not cheating, it was very disrespectful. Very hurtful. And I can see how this situation can be hurtful to George, especially keeping it from him, I still don't consider it cheating.

stellarchick86

[5]Apr 26, 2012
    • level: 32
    Yeah, that was my prob. with the R/R situation too. It wasnt cheating but it was disrespectful that it was on that very night.

blueskittle

[6]May 1, 2012
    I don't think they had talked about being on break, but totally agree 2yrs is a very long time to wait. But I don't think George had any other realationships while in NY, they talked all the time. Thats why it annoys the crap out of me that Lemon's excuse for being with Levon was George wasn't there when she needed him. The truth no mater how it hurts is always best. Frankly this isn't the most annoyign part of the show for me, Lemon is too crazy controling, Zoe isn't in love with George really he just reminds her of NY and he's the first person she came in contact with. The whole triange/square love thing is the worst. And the awful fake southern accents.

LeytonTLA

[7]May 9, 2012
    • level: 16
    blueskittle wrote:
    I don't think they had talked about being on break, but totally agree 2yrs is a very long time to wait. But I don't think George had any other realationships while in NY, they talked all the time. Thats why it annoys the crap out of me that Lemon's excuse for being with Levon was George wasn't there when she needed him. The truth no mater how it hurts is always best. Frankly this isn't the most annoyign part of the show for me, Lemon is too crazy controling, Zoe isn't in love with George really he just reminds her of NY and he's the first person she came in contact with. The whole triange/square love thing is the worst. And the awful fake southern accents.

I personally do see it as cheating, he went away to work there but they spoke all the time and still said they were a couple, and she said she was going to move to newyork with him and then decided not to, so he came back, at first i didnt see it as that big a deal but then when george said they discussed her moving and how they were a couple and what have you then i think yeah she did cheat, i think if she told george she wanted to take a break and then went with lavon it would be completely different, the fact she felt she had to lie about it to absolutely everyone also makes me bleieve she cheated , but its one of those very complicated type situations

blueskittle

[8]May 14, 2012
    I agree she cheated.She's way to invloved in what people think to let herself be real even to hereslf..Anal retentive shouldn't be a persons only emotion.

trintv

[9]Oct 27, 2013
    • level: 7

No, you're right, but the problem is that she never told him. When he came back, they were on again and good as new, even got engaged. She STILL never told him, and George and Levon were friends (or friendly at least) Also, there is the small fact that she still had feelings for him, even if she couldn't admit it at the time, and Levon even admitted his unrequited love to her. Should her fiance NOT have known this? Clearly that relationship wasn't going to work anyhow, as communication wasn't happening on many different levels. Darn it, I feel so invested in these fake people. YellWink

matsee

[10]Apr 7, 2014
    • level: 12
    I much prefer if Lemon goes out with a Chinese Man instead.