Hart of Dixie Forums

Friday 9:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Episode 1x10 "Hairdos and Holidays" Discussion

  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [1]Dec 6, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124

    Season 1, Episode 10 – Aired: 12/5/2011 Hairdos and Holidays

    Zoe encourages Rose to enter Bluebell's annual Miss Cinnamon Cider Pageant even though Lemon's younger sister, Magnolia, is the clear favorite to win. With Zoe coaching Rose and Lemon coaching Magnolia, the rivalry rises to a whole new level. Flashbacks reveal some of the history behind Lemon's relationship with her mother and the details of when Lemon and Lavon first realized they had a connection.

    Hope that it was okay for me to start this, we didnt have one yet and I had a few things I wanted to say.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [2]Dec 6, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124

    I thought this ep was very good. I actually thought that the stuff not related to the pagaent were the best parts.

    Im glad that they finally addressed the Lemon/mom situation. I actually thought she died, I guess I wasnt paying enough attention or something LOL. I very felt bad for her and it humanized Lemon a lot (or at least it did to me anyway). Jaime King did a very good job.

    Im also glad that they finally addressed the Lemon/Lavon fling. I figured that it was during George's departure and as soon as I saw the necklace I knew that Lavon would get it for her which would lead to them kissing, but the rest was interesting to know. I also thought the makeup/hair people did a very good job at making her look younger during the flashbacks. I hate when they show a flashback and the person looks basically the same but I dont know what it is they did here, besides just straightening her hair, but they did a good job.

    Im glad that they are progressing Wade/Zoe to the point where Zoe is smiling at him like she did at the end where he suggests getting a drink for her. The flirting/sexual tension was nice but at a certain point they need to actively show that they want to move forward.

    Im also glad that they showed Wade seeming to be jealous of George and his relationship with Zoe. I always wondered how he felt about George in that sense (since they only show him as a friend to George and interested in Zoe but they never combine the two issues).

    The pageant stuff was cutesy; a little predictable and corny, but cute.

    Overall Id give this ep a 8.5/10.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MayTanner

    MayTanner

    [3]Dec 6, 2011
    • member since: 11/05/09
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 32
    I'm not quite with you concerning Lemon and her abandonment issues. I've cut her some slack because of it but as it has happened quite some time ago and she wasn't a little girl when it happened I think that doesn't give her the right to act the way she does (immature and selfish).
    Perhaps my lack of empathy stems from personal experience with that matter. Yeah, Lemon has the right to be upset and sad but she hasn't the right to act that all out like a spoiled toddler throwing a temper tantrum. The first thing she did when she read about her mother was to get entangled with the newly elected mayor just because George couldn't be there right away for her (because he has a job!).

    I still can't stand her. She's the one playing along two men and being dishonest. It's understandable to want to make it better than her mother did but in fact she is making it worse. Of course George has his faults, too, as he was flirting with Zoe and feeling the sparks. I wish he'd take them as a sign that he and Lemon aren't meant to be.

    As for Wade I can't see him with Zoe. He'd have to undergo a major character change. There is no common ground for them and I don't see any sparks there aside from some physical attraction that wouldn't last long as Wade is lacking (and I'm sorry to say that) in the brains department. I can't see them having more than a meaningless fling and that would ruin both characters for me.

    And I was disappointed in the Pageant. I'd would have preferred to hear Rose sing instead of that tap dancing number. At least Magnolia didn't win.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ShutoGamer

    ShutoGamer

    [4]Dec 6, 2011
    • member since: 12/06/11
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 2
    Anyone can tell me the title of the final song? Ive been online looking for it for about an hour with no luck. My girlfriend likes it really much so if you guys could help me out with that?! That would be a great thing.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [5]Dec 6, 2011
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Hope that it was okay for me to start this, we didnt have one yet and I had a few things I wanted to say.


    hahaha. No biggie, Stellar.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [6]Dec 6, 2011
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624
    Hey, can anyone just give me a quick recap of what the episode was all about?


    I started watching it so i know that Lemon and Zoe were getting each of their girls ready for the pagent and all that. And George asked Zoe to help him with some project or whatever (and Wade looking jealous). But unforunately, my recording was all messed up and it kept freezing and skipping the whole way through so i had to stop watching.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of txgirl75

    txgirl75

    [7]Dec 6, 2011
    • member since: 06/05/05
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 6,776
    i thought was great episode. I liked Lemon better in this episode felt sorry for her. I always thought her mom died too. She finds out that her mom just lives 30 minutes away and has a new family. I ho9pe after the Christmas break she goes to her mom and finds out why she left. Have a question why do we have to wait until January 23rd the other shows are coming back right after new years. No Fair.. I thought tonights episode was probably the best. We find out more about Lemon and her mom.. Love Zoe and Lemon's arugment. Lemon to Zoe well your short. Zoe to Lemon well your pale too funny.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [8]Dec 6, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    txgirl75 wrote:
    Have a question why do we have to wait until January 23rd the other shows are coming back right after new years.


    I wondered the same thing. Im wondering if its because since its a new show, they dont have as many episodes to fill up the season as the other shows do. Or maybe it has something to do with OTH coming back, IDK.
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    Hey, can anyone just give me a quick recap of what the episode was all about?


    I started watching it so i know that Lemon and Zoe were getting each of their girls ready for the pagent and all that. And George asked Zoe to help him with some project or whatever (and Wade looking jealous). But unforunately, my recording was all messed up and it kept freezing and skipping the whole way through so i had to stop watching.



    You can always try cwtv.com maybe? But you pretty much hit it on the head. They explained Lavon and Lemon getting together over Lemos "losing" her mother. They explained Lemon going to see her mom and her mom having a new family. George/Wade almost getting arrested for chopping down a tree or something and Wade says something about Zoe to him and you can tell hes jealous. Rose, I think, won the pageant but I could be wrong, and Zoe tells Wade that she will take a raincheck to have a drink with Wade but she smiles at him that indicates that she is still interested.
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    hahaha. No biggie, Stellar.


    Hehe, cool

    MayTanner wrote:
    I'm not quite with you concerning Lemon and her abandonment issues. I've cut her some slack because of it but as it has happened quite some time ago and she wasn't a little girl when it happened I think that doesn't give her the right to act the way she does (immature and selfish). Perhaps my lack of empathy stems from personal experience with that matter. Yeah, Lemon has the right to be upset and sad but she hasn't the right to act that all out like a spoiled toddler throwing a temper tantrum. The first thing she did when she read about her mother was to get entangled with the newly elected mayor just because George couldn't be there right away for her (because he has a job!).


    Are you referring to me when you say "I dont agree with you"? If so, I agree with you to an extent that Lemon doesnt have the right to act like a spoiled brat but I just felt bad for her that she figuers her mom left them to go big a big star and make something of her life only to find out she lives 30 minutes away and has a new family. Thats going to hurt a lot. As far as her relationship with Lavon goes, yeah I dont condone cheating in any sense, but if they were on a break or something along those lines and free to see anyone they want to, then I dont see the big deal with her going after Lavon at all. Sometimes a girl just needs to go to someone for comfort, especially in a really awful/hurtful situation and he was just the first person there that she saw. I feel worse for Lavon because he obviously still has feelings for her but she dumps him as soon as ole perfect George Tucker comes back into town.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [9]Dec 6, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    Oh and also regarding Lemon, yeah she wasnt a child at the time, but she was only a teen too. Teen girls go through a lot and its hard to go through that without a mother around for support/guidance. IDK what I wouldve done without my mom during my teen years. And if youre referring to now in her life, no its not like Lemon is a 40 year old woman, but I get the impression shes only like 23/24 too. She still has a lot of growing up/growing pains to do as I think she is younger than the guys and definitely younger than Zoe. Shes lead a much sheltered life than Zoe who was a lot more independent yet she still had a lot on her plate with making sure her dad was always taken care of (something a southern woman tends to do; makes sure the man in the house is doing well) and also practically raise her sister. Thats a lot to do.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [10]Dec 6, 2011
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    Hey, can anyone just give me a quick recap of what the episode was all about?


    I started watching it so i know that Lemon and Zoe were getting each of their girls ready for the pagent and all that. And George asked Zoe to help him with some project or whatever (and Wade looking jealous). But unforunately, my recording was all messed up and it kept freezing and skipping the whole way through so i had to stop watching.



    You can always try cwtv.com maybe? But you pretty much hit it on the head. They explained Lavon and Lemon getting together over Lemos "losing" her mother. They explained Lemon going to see her mom and her mom having a new family. George/Wade almost getting arrested for chopping down a tree or something and Wade says something about Zoe to him and you can tell hes jealous. Rose, I think, won the pageant but I could be wrong, and Zoe tells Wade that she will take a raincheck to have a drink with Wade but she smiles at him that indicates that she is still interested..


    Hey thanks stellar. I will just have to watch it on CWTV.com when it comes onto the website. They don't post it until the following week. ugh. lol. I really wanted to watch it, but i couldn't watch the episode like it was. I wasn't even focusing on the episode more on the freezing lol.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [11]Dec 6, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    ^No prob! And oh yeah I forgot about the delay. I used to watch shows from the cw on there but I got so sick of seeing 5-6 commercials, while 3 of them were always the same one, that I just made sure to stick to the tv. I was like if I dont watch commercials on tv Im not going to on my computer LOL. Hopefully you can get it worked out.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MayTanner

    MayTanner

    [12]Dec 7, 2011
    • member since: 11/05/09
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 32

    ShutoGamer wrote:
    Anyone can tell me the title of the final song? Ive been online looking for it for about an hour with no luck. My girlfriend likes it really much so if you guys could help me out with that?! That would be a great thing.
    The Song is called "Ho Hey" and sung by the Lumineers.
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Oh and also regarding Lemon, yeah she wasnt a child at the time, but she was only a teen too. Teen girls go through a lot and its hard to go through that without a mother around for support/guidance. IDK what I wouldve done without my mom during my teen years. And if youre referring to now in her life, no its not like Lemon is a 40 year old woman, but I get the impression shes only like 23/24 too. She still has a lot of growing up/growing pains to do as I think she is younger than the guys and definitely younger than Zoe. Shes lead a much sheltered life than Zoe who was a lot more independent yet she still had a lot on her plate with making sure her dad was always taken care of (something a southern woman tends to do; makes sure the man in the house is doing well) and also practically raise her sister. Thats a lot to do.
    George, Wade and Lemon graduated at the same time from Highschool. They said that in the prank episode. Lemon's Mom has been gone for 12 years now that makes Lemon a (very) grown woman of 28. So no excuses for her concerning her age (I think her character would act like then even if she hit the 80 mark). On the other hand we have Zoe who might be ahead in the job department but hasn't got many social skills but she's learning. Lemon went still after Levon although he could have told her fiancee about her mom. That would have been the natural course if she loved and trusted George wholeheartedly. It's beyond self-centered to turn to Levon just because she knows he has still feelings for her. So good for him that he closed that door in her face!

    Edited on 12/07/2011 4:34am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [13]Dec 7, 2011
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    ^No prob! And oh yeah I forgot about the delay. I used to watch shows from the cw on there but I got so sick of seeing 5-6 commercials, while 3 of them were always the same one, that I just made sure to stick to the tv. I was like if I dont watch commercials on tv Im not going to on my computer LOL. Hopefully you can get it worked out.


    Yeah, me too. But worse comes to worse, I will just have to depend on the recap in the beginning of the next episode and hopefully it will give me enough. But i hate missing an episode because i feel like i am missing something. EVEN if i really didn't.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ShutoGamer

    ShutoGamer

    [14]Dec 7, 2011
    • member since: 12/06/11
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 2
    The Lumineers - Ho Hey, is the song called. you are welcome
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [15]Dec 7, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    MayTanner wrote:
    George, Wade and Lemon graduated at the same time from Highschool. They said that in the prank episode. Lemon's Mom has been gone for 12 years now that makes Lemon a (very) grown woman of 28. So no excuses for her concerning her age (I think her character would act like then even if she hit the 80 mark). On the other hand we have Zoe who might be ahead in the job department but hasn't got many social skills but she's learning. Lemon went still after Levon although he could have told her fiancee about her mom. That would have been the natural course if she loved and trusted George wholeheartedly. It's beyond self-centered to turn to Levon just because she knows he has still feelings for her. So good for him that he closed that door in her face!


    Hmm. Somehow I missed that. I always assumed she was supposed to be younger than that, like Zoe was aroun 28, George 27 or 26, Wade 26 or 25 and Lemon around 23-24. I guess its because she is engaged and its a southern stereotype that women get married early there (lets face it, the whole show is one big stereotype) and she acts young, like you said. Either way, yeah shes done some shady things, but I guess its because Ive seen some characters do some REALLY shady things, and she has never technically kissed Levon since shes been with George, that I just dont really dislike her that much. I just see it as entertainment and dont get too wrapped up in what characters I like/dislike/etc.
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    Yeah, me too. But worse comes to worse, I will just have to depend on the recap in the beginning of the next episode and hopefully it will give me enough. But i hate missing an episode because i feel like i am missing something. EVEN if i really didn't.

    I hear ya, totally. Im definitely one that hates missing episodes and I always have to start from the Pilot onward.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.