Hart of Dixie Forums

Friday 9:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Is the Show Getting any better??

Justlikeheaven_

[21]Nov 11, 2011
    • level: 33
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Hehe yeah. I thought about her too but then I thought about the waitress chick or whatever she is. Shes a little cooky and I think Lavon would be more interesting (not that he isnt interesting already) with a cooky chick.

He has to end up with someone sooner or later. He can't be single forever. haha!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stellarchick86

[22]Nov 11, 2011
    • level: 32
    ^Hehe yes, true true!

stellarchick86

[23]Feb 1, 2012
    No ones really said anything since the holiday episode...How is everyone liking the show now??

Misery24

[24]Feb 1, 2012
    • level: 8
    I'm still loving the show! Low ratings really surprise me...

stellarchick86

[26]Feb 1, 2012
    ^Yeah, I agree! The past few eps have been kind of slow but I still like them a lot. Def. better than 90210 right now LOL

LeytonTLA

[27]Feb 19, 2012
    • level: 16

i actually liked zoe with lavon at first ... i do really like her and wade but i do also like her and george, i hated judson he was so rubbish, i dont like wade at the moment after he really wanted to tell her he liked her then he bet on her and judson breaking up ... i havent finished all of the last episode so i dont know if they had any new moments or not

LeytonTLA

[28]Feb 19, 2012
    • level: 16

i didnt answer the original question , i do think the show is getting better but i personally cant put my finger on why i even like it, i started watching because of rachel bilson as i loved her in the oc, i continue to watch cos of the cuteness of moments the light heartedness of the show and cos i am actually waiting for some sort of huge storyline to crop up, i think its started now though maybe now that zoe knows about Lemon and Lavon

Justlikeheaven_

[29]Feb 21, 2012
    LeytonTLA wrote:

i actually liked zoe with lavon at first ... i do really like her and wade but i do also like her and george, i hated judson he was so rubbish, i dont like wade at the moment after he really wanted to tell her he liked her then he bet on her and judson breaking up ... i havent finished all of the last episode so i dont know if they had any new moments or not

I seem to be leaning and rooting for Zoe and Wade. But like you said, i got so mad and frustrated when zoe had told him that she knew they had chemistry and she wanted him to admit that he liked her, but then he just lied to her face. He needs to be truthful to her if he likes her as much as it seems.

dif_frent

[30]Feb 25, 2012
    • level: 9
    Here's a true fan of Lemon. She was incredible in the last two episodes.
    And the show? Yes, it started very well, but it's even better now. I think that we all need some lightheartedness, and the show just gives it to us. Thanks to the good actors, too.

Prup-aka-JBentn

[31]Feb 27, 2012
    • level: 10

Do even the fans realize just how good a show this is? Not 'great' -- a term I reserve for four current shows, NCIS, ROYAL PAINS, SUPERNATURAL, and THE GOOD WIFE. (Yes, I have 'eclectic tastes.') But the last four episodes have moved the show from 'very good to 'near great.' (Think CASTLE or WHITE COLLAR.

The trouble is that it uses a very tricky technique that only a few shows have tried and only one has really made work over a long period. I call it the 'overlay' technique. When you first meet a character, he or she seems superficil, one-dimensional, a collection of quirks that are merely the whim of a writer. But each episode gives you another overlay, more background into them, and they become more and more real -- and you see those quirks and character points have an explanation, are simply part of a fully rounded character. (Think about how many people in your life you've gotten to know in just that way, that they too started out describable in a single word or phrase.)

Lemon is the obvious example, of course. So dislikable a writer included her in the five characters we could do without -- or somesuch -- early in the season. Now, if you've watched the show you understand where every bit of her comes from, the family background, the loneliness, the ideal she has in her head from her mother, and then the crashing down of the ideal when she actually sees her mother -- and I wonder if there isn't a surprise waiting there.

But Brick, Wade, Levon, even Didi, all have deepened in much the same way, as has George. (Zoe maybe the least of any of them, so far, because she's forced to be whatever the script calls for in the lead, but even she is becoming more understandable.)

It was actually easier for something like NCIS, because you had the crime drama to put in front, and could take the time to develop the characters -- but think about what Gibbs, Tony, Abby and McGee were like during the first season. But HART is a light romantic comedy, and rests on its characters, and yet it pulls it off. (And other characters too have proven more important, more real even in the background -- like the Tuckers, and Marigold is going to be -- I'm sure -- more than 'just another rebellious teenager.')

The acting has helped as well, with Jamie King deserving a Best Female Supporting Character Emmy and having become the real 'lead' of the show. But 'is it getting any better?' A resounding YES, but it really started out better than it seemed.

stellarchick86

[32]Feb 28, 2012
    ^I agree with all of that, thats why Lemon is slowly becoming a favorite character of mine. The problem with some of the other characters is that in order to deepen them, you need other people in order to do it. If you want to deepen Zoe, you need her mom or stepdad, or you need to take her to NY to see how she is in one environment and then in this environment, which they arent going to do (even when her New Yorker friend came to visit, it didnt do THAT much). With Lavon, they sort of have to do the same thing with not being able to give him much depth unless his family visits, for ex. Wade they kind of did with Jolee but not greatly. But with Lemon there are so many different directions they can go in order to explain how she is the way she is, like when she wanted that social chair position and that girl won who Zoe was coaching and she got upset. I see it like she is the way she is because she wants to be a good mother figure to her younger sister and possibly becuase she thinks if shes perfect then maybe her mom will come back in her life. But now that she realizes that her mom will prob. never come back, where does she go from here? And thats why I think you see her finally letting her hair down and becoming 'Roxy', skinny-dipping and eloping and all this other stuff, which I find really interesting. Zoe is kind of the same character shes been since the beginning of the show because shes prob. not that complex to figure out. But Lemon has a lot of layers to her and I think Jaime does a great job at that, so hopefully this show will continue on so we can figure it out.

dif_frent

[33]Feb 29, 2012
    • level: 9
    Just a short reply to the topic question. Yes, it is.
    And in episode 16 the things got really complicated.
    I'm beginning to love this show.

haegerrulz

[34]Mar 1, 2012
    • level: 3

It isa good show, not on par with Fringe or Community writing but a good solid fun show to watch. My wife got me watching with her and it is light years better than 90210. 90210 is unwatchable.

stellarchick86

[35]Mar 4, 2012
    haegerrulz wrote:
    it is light years better than 90210. 90210 is unwatchable.

Pretty much agreed lol

ZoltanSerfozo

[36]Mar 8, 2012
    tashina395 wrote:
    i think the show is mos def getting better. personally i think its nice to watch a show that has nothing to do with vampires, courtrooms or corpses. i will watch the full season

totally agree As a matter of fact I like "vampires, courtrooms or corpses" but I dont miss them when I watch HoD. This show is just fun as it is, makes me smile after a hard day I can't wait to see how its continuing...

iiitan

[37]Mar 20, 2012
    You should watch it! Definitely not a waste of time!

Justlikeheaven_

[38]Mar 20, 2012
    iiitan wrote:

No definitely not. And there is something pleasing about this show. As much as I LOVE drama in a tv show, it is nice to see a show that isn't very drama heavy.

stellarchick86

[39]Mar 20, 2012
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    iiitan wrote:

No definitely not. And there is something pleasing about this show. As much as I LOVE drama in a tv show, it is nice to see a show that isn't very drama heavy.

Exactly. I have so much drama coming from OTH this season that its nice to balance that out with a little light-heardedness from this show.

Justlikeheaven_

[40]Mar 22, 2012
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    iiitan wrote:

Exactly. I have so much drama coming from OTH this season that its nice to balance that out with a little light-heardedness from this show.

Yeah. I was so comparing the drama amount to OTH too. We get so much from it. This season especially. That it is really nice to have a show like Hart of Dixie that doesn't really FOCUS on the drama. It just has enough of it to keep fans interested. BUT with that being said, the drama makes fans addicted. And hart of dixie doesn't have that possible- addiction factor. If that makes any sense.