Hart of Dixie Forums

Friday 9:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Lemon kills me

ThomasKaarup

[1]Nov 11, 2011
    • level: 2

Ive seen a lot of shows where some charcter drives me insane but noone ever drove me to the point of reaching for the remote to either fast forward or turn the tv off

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HRGirl

[2]Dec 5, 2011
    • level: 9
    Too funny! I do have to agree that she is a very annoying character.

aliSuz

[3]Dec 5, 2011
    • level: 8

I agree. And the "southern belle" thing is way too over the top for me. Do people still act like that? Not that I've seen but I've never been to the South lol...

dif_frent

[4]Dec 6, 2011
    • level: 10

Amazing how different my feelings are. I think Lemon is so funny in being pretentious that I love the character. In my opinion that wouldn't be possible without Jaime King. Her acting makes the Lemon so special.

If Lemon can make you fast forward or switch off your tv, this means you believe in her, in what Jaime King plays. Hats off to the actress!

Edited on 12/06/2011 11:13am
    Edited 2 total times.

txgirl75

[5]Dec 6, 2011
    • level: 23
    after last nights episode couldn't help to like her a little more. Hope when it comes back that she goes to her mom and find out why she left..

stellarchick86

[6]Dec 6, 2011
    • level: 32
    I completely agree with the last 2 posts. I feel like Lemon is the most multi-dimensional of them, and has a lot of different aspects to her, and Im excited to see more.

Amy1986

[7]Jan 25, 2012
    • level: 5

I like Lemon actually. I think she is very funy and Jaime King plays her beautifully. I feel sympathy for the character because her mother left. Not sure left, but left and started a new family. Lemon has half-siblings, and her mother never returned to tell Lemon and Magnolia why she left in the first place. How could any mother do that to her children? It's like saying that the old family was not good, and the mother replaced her family with a new family.

stellarchick86

[8]Jan 26, 2012
    • level: 32
    ^Yep. And sadly after watching last nights episode, I am actually starting to think that Jaime King is the better actress too. When you play a character like Lemon, you have to do what you have to without making it too much of a caricature and I think she does that. With Rachel, I feel sometimes like when shes talking to someone that shes kind of zoning out as they are talking. Her face doesnt really move, she doesnt nodd her head, anything. Its like shes just waiting to read her next line. I noticed that every once in a while in s4 of The OC but it wasnt too bad. Now its getting pretty bad. Plus I dont know if she wouldve been able to do the scene where Jaime is in the car noticing the mother w/ the new family as well. I mean you had to do such an array of emotions; shock, sadness, anger, etc and I think Jaime did a great job. I dont think Bilson is BAD, its just that she isnt really wowing me. Im sure its an unpopular opinion but oh well lol

LeytonTLA

[9]Feb 19, 2012
    • level: 16
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    ^Yep. And sadly after watching last nights episode, I am actually starting to think that Jaime King is the better actress too. When you play a character like Lemon, you have to do what you have to without making it too much of a caricature and I think she does that. With Rachel, I feel sometimes like when shes talking to someone that shes kind of zoning out as they are talking. Her face doesnt really move, she doesnt nodd her head, anything. Its like shes just waiting to read her next line. I noticed that every once in a while in s4 of The OC but it wasnt too bad. Now its getting pretty bad. Plus I dont know if she wouldve been able to do the scene where Jaime is in the car noticing the mother w/ the new family as well. I mean you had to do such an array of emotions; shock, sadness, anger, etc and I think Jaime did a great job. I dont think Bilson is BAD, its just that she isnt really wowing me. Im sure its an unpopular opinion but oh well lol

I agree i hate lemon... not her but her accent mostly! But stellar yeah i half i agree about rachel, she is there but in some scenes she doesnt seem all there, and when you do compare her to jaime king she is the worst actor but it could also be that at the moment zoe is definitely one dimensional she still hasnt really opened up enough in her character she is still pretty much the same whereas lemon has grown every episode

Justlikeheaven_

[10]Feb 21, 2012
    • level: 33
    LeytonTLA wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:

I agree i hate lemon... not her but her accent mostly! But stellar yeah i half i agree about rachel, she is there but in some scenes she doesnt seem all there, and when you do compare her to jaime king she is the worst actor but it could also be that at the moment zoe is definitely one dimensional she still hasnt really opened up enough in her character she is still pretty much the same whereas lemon has grown every episode
    Lemons accent doesnt really bother me that much, i think its more the way she acts and everything. Her need to be "perfect" comes accross and being fake and that is frustrating.

Prup-aka-JBentn

[11]Feb 28, 2012

As I said in another thread (sadly misspelling "Jaime"), Lemon has become a great and sympathetic character. It started when you understood that she had had to be 'the mother' for her siblings, and that that responsibility had made her the uptight, bossy character she seemed to be. The 'image' she has tried to live up to has been her idealized potrait of her mother, which has now crashed around her, but which she has to keep pretending is her driving force.

And the 'triangle' (actually a pentangle, since you could see either Lemon or Zoe credibly winding up with any of the three male leads, George, Wade or Levon) would be easy to do sloppily, but making it so you understand the very real feelings she has for both -- as well as the conflict going on in her alongside of the family responsibility and 'southern belle' image -- that has taken both great writing and a great actress, but they've made it work.

mlauzon

[12]Feb 28, 2012
    • level: 8
    To me, Lemon is the most insecure character on the show, maybe even in almost all the shows I've ever watched since I was a kid in the late '70s & throughout the '80s...!

dif_frent

[13]Feb 29, 2012
    mlauzon wrote:
    To me, Lemon is the most insecure character on the show, maybe even in almost all the shows I've ever watched since I was a kid in the late '70s & throughout the '80s...!

Insecure? You mean lacking confidence? Why?