Hart of Dixie Forums

The CW (ended 2015)

Offically Picked Up : Discussion Thread

yvonneslair

[1]May 17, 2011
    • level: 55

Hart of Dixie has officially been picked-up to series by The CW here is a thread for all to discuss the show in the build up to it's debut.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AayushArya

[2]May 18, 2011
    • level: 2
    Rachel Bilson? Sign me up.

txgirl75

[3]Jun 26, 2011
    • level: 23
    Yep I will check it out. Looks good but the sad thing is they seem to cancel the good ones. Coming on Monday nights so maybe it will have better luck I hope.

LeytonTLA

[4]Jul 27, 2011
    • level: 16
    wooo rachel bilson

shayne16shep

[5]Aug 20, 2011
    • level: 1

can't wait for Hart of Dixie to premiere!!!!!!!!

stellarchick86

[6]Sep 21, 2011
    • level: 32
    Yeah Im mainly watching this for Rachel Bilson but we'll see how it goes.

txgirl75

[7]Sep 26, 2011
    [QUOTE="stellarchick86"]Yeah Im mainly watching this for Rachel Bilson but we'll see how it goes. [/QUOTE Smae here lol. The first episode kind of slow but maybe it will liven up and get better have to wait and see.

Nordan123

[8]Sep 27, 2011
    • level: 6

yvonneslair wrote:

Hart of Dixie has officially been picked-up to series by The CW here is a thread for all to discuss the show in the build up to it's debut.

I was really looking forward to this,unfortunately this is the worst first episode I've ever seen.

stellarchick86

[9]Sep 27, 2011
    Yeah, it was a tad boring in the middle part of it. Also, I cant help but feel like people arent going to be receptive to it because shes too similar to how she was as Summer Roberts (it was like they took Summer and dropped her in Alabama, seriously) and people may be turned off from that. But Im going to keep watching out of loyalty to her though.

txgirl75

[10]Sep 27, 2011
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Yeah, it was a tad boring in the middle part of it. Also, I cant help but feel like people arent going to be receptive to it because shes too similar to how she was as Summer Roberts (it was like they took Summer and dropped her in Alabama, seriously) and people may be turned off from that. But Im going to keep watching out of loyalty to her though.
    Yeah I'll give it a chance too. I just wished they didn't kill off the guy that was her real dad. That probably would of made it an more interesting storyline.

EJamison

[11]Sep 29, 2011
    • level: 17

The critics seem to mostly hate it but I thought it was pretty good. I thought it was much better than "New Girl" (which isn't the same type of show, but the critics seem to love it.) I don't know if the harsh critics have seem more than the pilot.

"Gilmore Girls" was quirky and it had a pretty good run. I'm not sureif this show can manage it, but if it manages to stay on the air, I expect that I'll keep watching.

One problem I had was with the setup. I don't thinkshe'd lose a fellowship for not having a good enough bedside manor. Surgeons need to know how to cut. I don't think anyone is ever advised to go work as a GP for a year to fix it. You fix it while you work as a surgeon.

But then they wouldn't have a show.

stellarchick86

[12]Sep 30, 2011
    Yeah the premise seemed a bit far-fetched to say the least. I saw a commercial preview thing for the next few eps on TV and it seems like its going to get better so hopefully people will keep tuning in.

thatmonkey

[13]Oct 1, 2011
    • level: 10

Strong show, almost flawless, but I think they made one fatal mistake that is gonna effect the longevity of the show. I think they busted their nut too soon by revealing that Hillbilly Hospital belonged to her real dad. I think they could have taken the season to piece that together. That's a high bar to top week after week and even the most skilled writers would find it a challenge. I'll stick with it because it shows the promise of last years Life Unexpected.

Don't screw this up WB!

dif_frent

[14]Oct 3, 2011
    • level: 11
    I thought I'd watch the pilot and decide. Well... quite a nice show, I've spent a nice hour. I'll definitely come back for more.

txgirl75

[15]Oct 3, 2011
    thatmonkey wrote:

Strong show, almost flawless, but I think they made one fatal mistake that is gonna effect the longevity of the show. I think they busted their nut too soon by revealing that Hillbilly Hospital belonged to her real dad. I think they could have taken the season to piece that together. That's a high bar to top week after week and even the most skilled writers would find it a challenge. I'll stick with it because it shows the promise of last years Life Unexpected.

Don't screw this up WB!

Don't you mean CW? I thought the second episode was much better. I guess plots are always a little slow. I agree they should have hold off on letting us know Hartley was her real dad that took the suspese away.

ZoneDragoon

[16]Oct 4, 2011
    • level: 5

So far I think its a quite nice show. As far as her dad goes I dont think it was all that bad to reveal he was her real father. The idea popped my head even at the start where he offered her a job and than when she got there and found out he left his practice for her. Holding it out for an entire season would just be unreal, If someone left me something and I didnt even know the person I would ask questions about it.

When it comes to storylines I prefer fast pacing once rather than the once where they just hint att stuff for 2-3 seasons. I rather see a show thats intresting and presents new twists all the time without dwelling to long in one story line. If that means a show just gets 2-4 seasons instead of 8 so be it I rather watch 2-3 really good seasons of a show than 7-8 semi decent once.

raclairek

[17]Oct 10, 2011
    • level: 1

born and raised in Alabama.. family scattered all over the world. I've NEVER heard anyone talk like that. It's distracting to me.

LeytonTLA

[18]Oct 11, 2011
    i enjoyed it, i will be watching episode 3 very soon! i think its got some good potential,,, she is basically summer though from the oc... as a doctor but i guess there just similar characters that is not a dig at rachel bilson, i think its gonna get better and better

txgirl75

[19]Oct 11, 2011
    I agree great show great characters.

LeytonTLA

[20]Oct 12, 2011
    i really enjoyed episode 3, everytime someone said gumbo it reminded me of the princess and the frog disney movie ... bless wade making it for her, lemon is really hung on lavon even though it seems she broke up with him!!! i recognise that deedee so much is she in one tree hill? im gonna have to google her! glad that brick gave her a patient at the end