Hart of Dixie Forums

Friday 9:00 PM on The CWIn Season

So much promise, but ...

Windrider6

[1]Nov 13, 2011
    • level: 9

This TV show has an interesting and original premise. That is rare these days.

It is unfortunate that the writers of this show don't have enough imagination to continue on their current course without having to introduce late, "significant" characters that were supposedly always there, but never mentioned before (ie. Magnolia, Episode 6, "The Undead & The Unsaid"). This indicates to me that they are already running out of stories.

It also assumes a lack of interest & understanding by current fans, which alienates those who actually follow the series.

I hope for my own entertainment that "Hart of Dixie" will continue for several seasons, but given this latest episode (Episode 6), I realistically anticipate a lack of imagination in the episodes, and lack of viewership.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stellarchick86

[2]Nov 14, 2011
    • level: 32
    Im not saying that they may be bringing in SLs that arent as interesting as some they could given that it just started, but I dont see why that it is just because they are introducing characters like Magnolia. Its a new show, so obviously they are going to need to bring in more characters as they show goes on and then they will go back to the same characters. And I couldve sworn we saw Magnolia before, but maybe Im thinking of Levons cousin or something...Anyway, Id rather they bring in characters like them than one-note characters like the woman who was pregnant in The Pilot. At a certain point they need new characters; it will get boring with just the main 5 and Brick or whatever his name is.

Justlikeheaven_

[3]Nov 14, 2011
    • level: 33
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Im not saying that they may be bringing in SLs that arent as interesting as some they could given that it just started, but I dont see why that it is just because they are introducing characters like Magnolia. Its a new show, so obviously they are going to need to bring in more characters as they show goes on and then they will go back to the same characters. And I couldve sworn we saw Magnolia before, but maybe Im thinking of Levons cousin or something...Anyway, Id rather they bring in characters like them than one-note characters like the woman who was pregnant in The Pilot. At a certain point they need new characters; it will get boring with just the main 5 and Brick or whatever his name is.

Yeah, agree with you Stellar. We are only a couple episodes in, so can't really make any conclusions about the show being doomed already when it is not even half way through one season. I won't make any real conclusions about the shows fate until atleast the season finale. That is usually when the show had some growing to do. lol

stellarchick86

[4]Nov 14, 2011
    ^Hehe, yep, agree. I actually think the show is getting better, not worse (I found the Pilot soo boring) so I have no idea how to comment.

Justlikeheaven_

[5]Nov 15, 2011
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    ^Hehe, yep, agree. I actually think the show is getting better, not worse (I found the Pilot soo boring) so I have no idea how to comment.

Yeah, it is getting better. Last nights episode was great!!

stellarchick86

[6]Nov 15, 2011
    ^Yep, agree, and next week looks really good!

I think once you accept the fact that the show moves slow in general, you can enjoy it. I tend to like fast-paced shows so I thought I was goin to hate this show, but once I got over that and focused on character development and such, its not bad.

Justlikeheaven_

[7]Nov 16, 2011
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    ^Yep, agree, and next week looks really good!

I think once you accept the fact that the show moves slow in general, you can enjoy it. I tend to like fast-paced shows so I thought I was goin to hate this show, but once I got over that and focused on character development and such, its not bad.

Yeah. Every show needs time to grow. The first couple episodes in ANY show are basically just giving us a background of what the show is going to be about. There really isn't much storyline is the first couple eps of a tv show.

Misery24

[8]Nov 17, 2011
    • level: 8
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:

Yeah. Every show needs time to grow. The first couple episodes in ANY show are basically just giving us a background of what the show is going to be about. There really isn't much storyline is the first couple eps of a tv show.

Exactly.
    Recently I decided to watch Gilmore girls from the beginning and the first few episodes really were only so we can get the grip on all the characters and what the storyline is supposed to be.

Justlikeheaven_

[9]Nov 17, 2011
    Misery24 wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:

Exactly.
    Recently I decided to watch Gilmore girls from the beginning and the first few episodes really were only so we can get the grip on all the characters and what the storyline is supposed to be.

Yeah, it makes sense though. You can't jump into intense storylines without knowing the background of the show and what the characters are like. That is why it is so hard to watch a tv show from the middle. You have to start right ffrom the beginning, 1st episode to get the whole gist of the show.

stellarchick86

[10]Nov 22, 2011
    I feel like this show is getting pretty good. Im glad they went back to the original premise of her having moved from NY and dont have her too assimilated too quickly. The only thing I wish they would touch up on that they havent really is her and Lemon's relationship. Does Lemon still see her as a threat but she sucks it up because she knows she has to? Does she figure that shes no threat at all because shes so vain? Does she genuinly like her now? Stuff like that.

Justlikeheaven_

[11]Nov 22, 2011
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    I feel like this show is getting pretty good. Im glad they went back to the original premise of her having moved from NY and dont have her too assimilated too quickly. The only thing I wish they would touch up on that they havent really is her and Lemon's relationship. Does Lemon still see her as a threat but she sucks it up because she knows she has to? Does she figure that shes no threat at all because shes so vain? Does she genuinly like her now? Stuff like that.

Yeah. The show is getting really good. I absolutely loved last nights episode. Seeing another side of Lemon was great. And even Zoe, we saw gigi act almostt the way zoe did when she first stepped on Alabama ground. lol.

stellarchick86

[12]Nov 22, 2011
    ^Yep, agreed.

Misery24

[13]Nov 23, 2011
    Last nights episode was excellent and I'm glad that we got to see other characters (Wade, George and Lemon) interact the way they did.
    It's a great sign that they are thinking ahead with the characterization of the characters. Slowly they are showing us their good and bad sides.

Justlikeheaven_

[14]Nov 23, 2011
    Misery24 wrote:
    Last nights episode was excellent and I'm glad that we got to see other characters (Wade, George and Lemon) interact the way they did.
    It's a great sign that they are thinking ahead with the characterization of the characters. Slowly they are showing us their good and bad sides.

Yeah, totally. It was really nice to see Lemon in a different way, because now, i actually see her in a different light than i did before. I really couldn't stand lemon at all in earlier episodes because she is so uptight and everything, but seeing her loosen up and pull off that prank with George and Wade was great. She actually seemed like a totally different character.

Misery24

[16]Nov 23, 2011
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:

Yeah, totally. It was really nice to see Lemon in a different way, because now, i actually see her in a different light than i did before. I really couldn't stand lemon at all in earlier episodes because she is so uptight and everything, but seeing her loosen up and pull off that prank with George and Wade was great. She actually seemed like a totally different character.

Exactly!
    It's the perfect proof that they are slowly showing us all the layers that make a certain character. Nothing is what it seems at first. I really hope that CW won't give up on the show...

Justlikeheaven_

[17]Nov 24, 2011
    Misery24 wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:

Exactly!
    It's the perfect proof that they are slowly showing us all the layers that make a certain character. Nothing is what it seems at first. I really hope that CW won't give up on the show...

Yeah. We actually got a picture of what Lemon was like in high school. Never would have thought that she was a reckless type of girl. I actually would have liked her character if she was like she was in last episode all the time. I'll see, maybe ill end up warming up to her character if we see more and more Lemon in that way.

Misery24

[18]Nov 24, 2011
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:

Yeah. We actually got a picture of what Lemon was like in high school. Never would have thought that she was a reckless type of girl. I actually would have liked her character if she was like she was in last episode all the time. I'll see, maybe ill end up warming up to her character if we see more and more Lemon in that way.

Actually, for me this is the reason I started to think that people behind the show are really keeping an ear to the ground. Like they are listening to what people are thinking and they are changing the storyline and characterization accordingly.

Justlikeheaven_

[19]Nov 24, 2011
    Misery24 wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:

Actually, for me this is the reason I started to think that people behind the show are really keeping an ear to the ground. Like they are listening to what people are thinking and they are changing the storyline and characterization accordingly.

That IS a possibility. lol. The show is new so they can basically change whatever they want at this point in the show. It would be harder as the seasons go on, if you know what i mean.

stellarchick86

[20]Nov 24, 2011
    I agree with you guys that its nice to see a more "human" side to Lemon but I hope that they dont change it too much. Every show needs a more serious Bree Van De Camp type to balance out the more fun/wacky character. The former here would be Lemon and George and the later would be Zoe, Wade and that waitress chick (I can never remember her name for some reason lol). Lavon would be somewhere in the middle, depending on what is needed. Im not saying she should always act uptight, I just mean that it shouldnt be like a 180.