Hart of Dixie Forums

Friday 9:00 PM on The CWIn Season

So much promise, but ...

  • Avatar of Misery24

    Misery24

    [21]Nov 25, 2011
    • member since: 09/07/05
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 29
    I liked it how they played it. She relaxed a bit and became more at ease but in the end she changed back into her rehearsed routine. It's good that they are showing us there are layers even to her character. Now IMO they should switch to someone else, because we've seen her with her father telling him the story about her mother, we saw her taking care of her sister, her and Lavon and now her getting a little bit wild. I would LOVE to see Shelley (the waitress ) interact more with Zoe or with Wade. She seems fun.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [22]Nov 25, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    Yes- Shelley! Haha thank you. I agree, I like her.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Yaspaa

    Yaspaa

    [23]Nov 26, 2011
    • member since: 02/12/07
    • level: 79
    • rank: "Make It So"
    • posts: 1,875
    I'm seeing several similarities to Everwood.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [24]Nov 27, 2011
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624
    Yaspaa wrote:
    I'm seeing several similarities to Everwood.


    There are always going to be similarities to another show. It happens when you are comparing certain shows that are in the same tv Genre.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [25]Nov 28, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    The episode tonight was a touch boring but Im glad that they are touching upon how much/litte of an outcast she still is by talkin about the practice and what not (I hate when shows deviate from the fish-out-of-water SL too much).

    Did anyone else think it was weird how at first George's mother and father seemed to agree with her about everything, until Lemon walked in on them at the store, when before they would've given her a hard time about everything? I actually thought it was Lemon's parents at first, because I forgot what George's parents looked like (the dad looked familiar but the mom looked different to me for some reason), until I remembered about Brig and Lemon's mom passing away.

    Also the scheduling is a little weird. They skipped a week, so they couldve done Thanksgiving on time if they wanted to, and now all of a sudden it's Christmas??

    A plus though is that Im glad they are bringing up the Lemon/Zoe relationship again because I had been wondering how they felt about each other since like the 3rd episode.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Misery24

    Misery24

    [26]Nov 29, 2011
    • member since: 09/07/05
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 29
    ^^
    Well, I think that George's parents just played the part so they could've convince George to come and work for his dad. And they knew that Lemon played a huge part in that. That is the reason why George's mother had to make nice with Lemon. And it worked. I agree with the lack of Zoe and Lemon together. But I think since they're mixing the relationships in each episode that their moment is also coming.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [27]Nov 29, 2011
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    The episode tonight was a touch boring but Im glad that they are touching upon how much/litte of an outcast she still is by talkin about the practice and what not (I hate when shows deviate from the fish-out-of-water SL too much).

    Did anyone else think it was weird how at first George's mother and father seemed to agree with her about everything, until Lemon walked in on them at the store, when before they would've given her a hard time about everything? I actually thought it was Lemon's parents at first, because I forgot what George's parents looked like (the dad looked familiar but the mom looked different to me for some reason), until I remembered about Brig and Lemon's mom passing away.

    Also the scheduling is a little weird. They skipped a week, so they couldve done Thanksgiving on time if they wanted to, and now all of a sudden it's Christmas??

    A plus though is that Im glad they are bringing up the Lemon/Zoe relationship again because I had been wondering how they felt about each other since like the 3rd episode.



    The episode was a tad boring, but i thought it was really cute. I am really liking Zoe's slow integration into the Bluebell community. She is gradually fitting into the town and becoming one of them. What she did for that kid really showed all the towns people that. Maybe that will help her show everyone she is one of them.


    I do agree that the scheduling is really off, but I am assuming that the reason there is a christmas episode next wweek is because there is going to be a midseason finale? I never really pay attention to trying to figure out all of that because i tried to do it with OTH and failed...lol.


    Speaking of OTH, When Lemon was talking to that girl about moving, did she look ALOT like Bevin????? I couldn't figure it out.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [28]Nov 29, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    Misery24 wrote:
    ^^
    Well, I think that George's parents just played the part so they could've convince George to come and work for his dad. And they knew that Lemon played a huge part in that. That is the reason why George's mother had to make nice with Lemon. And it worked. I agree with the lack of Zoe and Lemon together. But I think since they're mixing the relationships in each episode that their moment is also coming.

    Yeah, all very good points, I guess I just wouldve figured that Lemon would have a confused look on her face when his mom kept agreeing with her about everything if we are to assume that they dont get along. She is/seemed smart than that. Guess not though lol. Thanks!

    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    I do agree that the scheduling is really off, but I am assuming that the reason there is a christmas episode next wweek is because there is going to be a midseason finale? I never really pay attention to trying to figure out all of that because i tried to do it with OTH and failed...lol

    Lol yeah. IDK it just seemed rushed to me because it went from being clearly summer to I guess what is supposed to be Halloween, to Thanksgiving like 2 eps later and then Christmas 1 ep later than that. I just figured that this show wouldnt have holidays so it would just always be summer until Thanksgiving.
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    Speaking of OTH, When Lemon was talking to that girl about moving, did she look ALOT like Bevin????? I couldn't figure it out.

    Hehe, not really, sorry...but I was watching something the other day and the girl looked like Bevin a little bit...Cant remember what it was now..
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Misery24

    Misery24

    [29]Nov 29, 2011
    • member since: 09/07/05
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 29
    stellarchick86 wrote:

    Yeah, all very good points, I guess I just wouldve figured that Lemon would have a confused look on her face when his mom kept agreeing with her about everything if we are to assume that they dont get along. She is/seemed smart than that. Guess not though lol. Thanks!


    Well, she was probably hoping that they've changed their feelings towards her. And like she said, later George's mother used the fact Lemon has no mother to suck up to her with that mother-daughter talk.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [30]Nov 29, 2011
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    Speaking of OTH, When Lemon was talking to that girl about moving, did she look ALOT like Bevin????? I couldn't figure it out.

    Hehe, not really, sorry...but I was watching something the other day and the girl looked like Bevin a little bit...Cant remember what it was now..


    I know. Now she really doesn't look like her. I rewatched the episode again, and I was like "how the heck did i think she looked like Bevin?" LOL!! oth is just too imbedded into my head. lol.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [31]Nov 29, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    I know. Now she really doesn't look like her. I rewatched the episode again, and I was like "how the heck did i think she looked like Bevin?" LOL!! oth is just too imbedded into my head. lol.


    Haha no problem, it happens. I do the same thing sometimes. Did you catch the actress who played Bevin a few years back on 'Desperate Housewives'? She was only in it for a few minutes but she did the ditsy blonde thing there too.
    Misery24 wrote:
    Well, she was probably hoping that they've changed their feelings towards her. And like she said, later George's mother used the fact Lemon has no mother to suck up to her with that mother-daughter talk.


    Oh yeah I got that part haha thanks
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [32]Nov 30, 2011
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    I know. Now she really doesn't look like her. I rewatched the episode again, and I was like "how the heck did i think she looked like Bevin?" LOL!! oth is just too imbedded into my head. lol.


    Haha no problem, it happens. I do the same thing sometimes. Did you catch the actress who played Bevin a few years back on 'Desperate Housewives'? She was only in it for a few minutes but she did the ditsy blonde thing there too.


    No, never saw her in that. I don't care for that show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [33]Nov 30, 2011
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    Oh okay. Well it was just a few mins, you didnt miss much haha.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Justlikeheaven_

    Justlikeheaven_

    [34]Dec 2, 2011
    • member since: 07/11/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 12,624
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Oh okay. Well it was just a few mins, you didnt miss much haha.


    hahaha. Ok. Thats good. I'll have to check it on youtube or something.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [35]Jan 24, 2012
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124

    Pros: I liked the sentiment from the episode last night regarding Zoe finally finding out about her family and past, especially since it was with Brigg. Enjoyed seeing all the crazy stuff Zoe had to do. Loved seeing the Lemon/Zoe scene.

    Cons: I find the whole baby SL so unbelievably contrived that it was ridiculous. I had to keep reminding myself that it was just a show lol. Also didnt care much for the Dee/Dee Lavon stuff.

    Overall, Id give it a 7.5-8/10. I think the last episode and the break over the last few weeks spoiled me so I became dissapointed.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.