Hart of Dixie Forums

Friday 9:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Why did Nancy Travis leave?

Dragonsi2

[1]Oct 10, 2011
    • level: 6

Is there a behind the scenes reason for Nancy leaving in only the 2nd episode? I'm guessing she was originally going to be a permanent character originally, but by the time the show got picked up, and filming started, she found other work, and just decided to be nice and come back to do the next episode and explain why she was leaving (her daughter and her opened a bakery in Shreveport and is going down there to help her with it) and I guess her daughter Rose (Makley Miller) has to leave as well then since her mother is.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Dragonsi2

[2]Oct 10, 2011
    • level: 6

So I'm back, 10 minutes later. I did my own homework. I clicked on her name and apparently she did 2 pilot shows, and is now Tim Allen's wife in "Last Man Standing". So she hedged her bets, did 2 pilot episodes and both were picked up. And she took the one where she's a main character, instead of a smaller supporting role. Perhaps if Tim's show tanks, she'll be back on here instead again.

txgirl75

[3]Oct 10, 2011
    • level: 23
    Nancy Travis is good actress and so is Tim Allen so I hope their show last man standing does good. I will miss Nancy Travis on HOD i liked her and Rachl's character's friendship.

thatmonkey

[4]Oct 15, 2011
    • level: 10

My guess is Nancy will be back because I have seen "Last Man" and it's not good, at all. It's not funny enough for guys and the subject matter will not appeal to women.

Last man standing will be one of the 1st shows folded.

txgirl75

[5]Oct 17, 2011
    I have to say I actually liked last man standing it was pretty good. ABC already canclled 3 shows so i bet Last man standing will be around for awhile. The next show to get canned on ABC will be once upon atime. looks lame.

Just_Jos

[7]Oct 21, 2011
    • level: 11

Nancy was GREAT in both shows but I LOVE her in "Last Man Standing" more. Her chemistry with Tim Allen is GREAT.

txgirl75

[8]Oct 25, 2011
    Just_Jos wrote:

Nancy was GREAT in both shows but I LOVE her in "Last Man Standing" more. Her chemistry with Tim Allen is GREAT.

I do too they do have a great chemistry. I think I like Nancy Travis better then the lady that played Jill Taylor Tim's wife on home improvement..

thatmonkey

[9]Oct 30, 2011

We shall see.

naldro

[10]Apr 22, 2012
    • level: 30

I like Nancy's character. Zoe needs someone behind her, with Brick breathing down her. I don't understand why they couldn't find a way for her to be on both shows. It's not like it's never been done. Richard Anderson was on both The Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman. Peter MacNicol who appeared on Numb3rs got time off so that he could appear in the 7th season of 24. And Heather Locklear who starred on T.J. Hooker and made appearances on Dynasty.

thatmonkey

[11]Oct 14, 2012

I was wrong. Not only did Nancy not return, Last Man Standing is still on, much to my surprise. I think Nancy would have strengthened this show, a lot. The show has tweaked a few things, like dropping all the throwback to her dad and NYC. Characters that were introduced that you could tell went flat were removed and unfortunately the conflict has been replaced with a reluctant trust.

I'm still watching, but have to admit unless something amazing happens, I'm getting an hour back in my weekly schedule.