Hart of Dixie Forums

Friday 9:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Why South Carolina?

EJamison

[1]Feb 25, 2012
    • level: 17

Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention, but that's an 11-hour drive, isn't it? That's a long way to go to get married at a courthouse. There are a lot of courthouses in between. Instead of east and north they could have gone east and south. Orlando and Tampa would be closer.

Or they could have headed towards Houston,also closer, with places like New Orleans, Baton Rouge, and Lafayette on the way.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stellarchick86

[2]Feb 27, 2012
    • level: 32
    I was wondering the same thing. I thought maybe it was special for Lemon, like maybe thats where her parents got married but I dont think that was the case. I think it was just contrived so that way they wouldnt have gotten married at the end or something.

Justlikeheaven_

[4]Feb 27, 2012
    • level: 33
    I looked on a map to refresh my memory lol.... and it looks like Alabama is fairly close to SC. Closer than Houston would be. The writers probably picked a random known city that was kinda "old fashioned" like because of Lemon being that way. lol

Prup-aka-JBentn

[5]Feb 27, 2012
    • level: 10

They did explain it, that "Charleston is the second most popular (or romantic)place to get married." I've never been there, but from what I've read about it, the idea makes sense.

haegerrulz

[6]Mar 1, 2012
    • level: 3

Ejamison is right - Charelston is 600-650 miles from Mobile, AL. Yes, Alabama is one state away from SC but this show supposedly takes place near Mobile on the gulf coast. I thought it was a little nuts that the four of them were going to pile into a pickup truck for the drive.

Of course remember that it also snowed in this fictional town.