Hart of Dixie

Gumbo & Glory

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Oct 10, 2011 on The CW

• I'm really hoping this is a direction the show will take...

The first episode was kinda surprisingly watchable, the second one was so-so imo, but this one is not bad, not bad at all. There are still some character acting in a way that I find kinda generic, even borderline annoying, but most of them were portrayed quite well, complex, but not too complex, and you can really relate to them, which is really a big deal, considering it's only a third episode. The plot is relatively light, but entertaining, and character-driven, and with a lot of charm, and it doesn't get boring at any point - this all strongly resembles a mix of Northern Exposure and Everwood, which I rather enjoyed.

I hope this episode illustrates a direction the show will take, because there is definitely a place in my "viewing schedule" for a light family friendly comedy-drama with reasonably good acting, charming and mostly well developed characters, and light and a little bit silly plots . I just hope it won't get too "cheesy" and concentrate *too much* on love lives of its characters. It's still too early to tell, but I have moderately high expectation of the show. I just hope the following episodes will be on this one's level, and that show gets its stable viewing audience and stays on the air.