Hart of Dixie

Walkin' After Midnight

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Oct 30, 2012 on The CW

• THERE ARE NO WORDS FOR HOW MUCH I HATE THIS SHOW.

The first season of 'Hart of Dixie' was lame and annoying with just enough endearing moments to make it watchable. The second season of 'Hart of Dixie' is lame and annoying with just enough dirty stuff to make it unpalatable. After jilting Lemon at the altar and finding Wade at Zoe's house, George is single, and seems to be moving on from both Lemon and Zoe pretty quickly by dating dozens of very ordinary girls. It's not clear how or why he gave up on Zoe so quickly, why Zoe has suddenly given up on the man she spent all of season 1 chasing, and why she does so little actual doctoring. In real life I don't know any doctors this dumb, cutesy and childish. In Season 1 it was pretty clear that Wade loved Zoe, and he even tried to tell her so, but now they've settled comfortably into a pattern of casual (but monogamous) sex. They sleep with each other constantly, Zoe limping home in the early hours without pants on, and apparently tie each other up and videotape their nocturnal activities. She doesn't seem to mind talking about all this with anyone who will listen, including Lavon who has to hear her talking about how tired she is the morning after. Wade continues to joke about all the women he's slept with, including three costumed women last Halloween. Frankly it's gross. They wasted an opportunity to make Wade into a sympathetic character. Now he's just a promiscuous jerk, and Zoe's not much better. I don't know how she came to be so shallow. Lavon Hayes still does almost nothing as mayor (except handing out candy in the town square on Halloween), and we never see any of his expansive mansion except the corner of the kitchen they all seem to live in. None of these characters seem to have any interests or hobbies or to care at all about their careers. Lemon is trying to find a job, although I find it hard to believe that the average 21st century girl from Alabama graduates high school with no intention of pursuing a career or further education. Presumably her father's been supporting her all this time while she does nothing but "belle." Her accent still sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard and she seems to have abandoned the one thing that made her interesting - her interest in Lavon. Golden Brooks might have been a welcome addition; unfortunately, her character is so b*tchy she's hard to watch. I don't understand how this weird little town is so insular and yet so full of attractive young single people, why nobody seems to do any actual work, why the whole town celebrates some new event every week at great expense, and how they have so much time to waste sleeping around and gossiping in bad faux-Southern accents at the 'Rammer Jammer.' If you've never watched 'Hart of Dixie,' don't start now. If you've been watching since season 1, it might be time to stop.
  • Disappointed

I would like to begin by saying that I'm on Team George. Since the beginning. And last season there was a chance that they would get together but he decided to work things out with Lemon. In the end, they went their separate ways and he told Zoe he wanted to be with her but she was already "with" Wade. Now he tells her how he feels albeit while he was sleeping. When he woke up he admitted he wants her and she admits she wants him but doesn't want to be his rebound after breaking up with Lemon. In the end he hooked up with Presley the beer girl. I hope they get together soon.