Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law

Harvey's Civvy

Aired Monday 12:00 AM Jul 31, 2005 on Cartoon Network

• Birdman gets sued due an injury to a villain back from his superhero days. It had to come eventually, and it turns out great.

This is one of the best episodes Harvey Birdman has had so far. It brings together pretty much all Birdman villains from the original series into one short episode. Shado is a great attorney who steals people's mind. This also is the first time that Mentok the Mindtaker has found a match and I have found him rather annoying in the past. So this is a great thing to see. Each villain from the past received a letter invitation to see the court case and obviously they all come to check it out. Harvey gets Potamus to take the defence and he doesn't do the best job of it. While his "Did you get that thing I sent you?" line gets old pretty quick, the writers manage to find ways of implementing it different style each time. The only letdown of this ensemble let's me think whether or not the producers have used up great villains too quickly instead of focusing on them in more details. Looking ahead, they are more likely to do that anyway so we shouldn't have a problem. Let's hope the rest of Season 3 turns out this great.
  • Good ol' Harvey Birdman

I see the creators have not lost any of their humor on the little hiatus.

This episode is a fine addition to the "Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law" series. The wild antics of the characters (especially Mentok: The Mind Taker, challenged by Shado: The Mind Thief!) is as hilarious as ever (By the way, Shado is an evil, six-foot, leprechaun lawyer).

The timing, the jokes, the randomness is the same we have all come to know and love (except for those who haven't). If you liked it before, you'll love it now, and if you loved it before, you'll still love it now.

May "Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law" live on.
  • Murro sue Harvey. Harvey hire Peter Potamus. There is trial. Mentok the Mind-Taker meet Shado the Brain-Thief. Did you get that thing i sent ya?

Very funny. I especially liked the "head-taking" duel between Shado and Mentok. Also, the gallery filled with Birdman villains was cool. Not much Colbert in this episode - but the xtra Potamus makes up for it.
    Need more words for review - really, you should just watch the show. And how.