Have Gun Will Travel the Motion Picture

AprilFox

[1]Jan 30, 2007
    • level: 111
    Just in production now, not sure if they are keeping it as a western. Eminem plays Palladin! What a travesty.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lobomensch

[2]Jan 31, 2007
    • level: 51
    Has Eminem, Will Suck.

nickaaron1

[3]Jun 20, 2007
    • level: 4
    You Have to be kiddingA Rapper as Paladin,what a joke. He can not compare to Richard Boone. Why make the moive.

tvking1

[4]Aug 16, 2007
    • level: 42
    Is this on the level? That's like making Hawaii Five-0: The Movie with Andy Dick as McGarrett.

AprilFox

[5]Aug 24, 2007
    • level: 111
    Yes unfortunately it's for real, release will be in 2008. Especially with Brad Pitt making The Assassination of Jesse James, I would hope that they would get someone of that stature and not some lame Rapper!
    Edited on 01/03/2008 2:15pm

tvking1

[6]Aug 24, 2007
    • level: 42

According to Wikipedia, it will be "updated for contemporary times", and that Eminem will play Paladin as an assassin for hire. Hmm, in that case, maybe he is right for the role after all. But it would not be a remake, since the series took place in the Old West, and Paladin was not an assassin. He used his gun only as a last resort, and only if he believed that the case was just. He had a conscience.

When The Lone Ranger was remade into a movie in 1981, there was outrage among fans, among other things for what the producers did to Clayton Moore, who played him on the TV series before Johnny Hart took over. The film was a flop. I hope this "remake" meets the same fate. I won't be seeing it. It was remade into a good radio series in the late 1950's, with John Dehner providing the voice of Paladin (it has been reported that he was the first choice for the TV part, but was under contract elsewhere). Maybe someday we'll see a REAL remake, one that does justice to Richard Boone (and John Dehner too).

x-ray2007

[7]Oct 30, 2007
    • level: 3

All:

HGWT is one of my all time favorite, although I was quite young during its original run. I though Tom Selleck would have been perfect for Paliden, about 15 yeaers ago. Don't know who would be good today. Is too much a stretch for Georg Clooney (too contemporay ?)?

x-ray

uro

gmason3

[8]Jul 5, 2008
    • level: 1
    There is no way this can happen. They may as well ask A carpenter to perform brain surgery

tbrittreid

[9]Jul 28, 2008
    • level: 14
    "Assassin for hire"? I read that he was to be a modern-day bounty hunter, very much like the big-screen update of Wanted--Dead or Alive, with Rutger Hauer as a descendant of Steve McQueen's character. Also, back in the 90s a movie version with John Travolta (!) was announced. No further details were given; maybe it would have been modernized, too. One other thing: I don't know if it is mentioned anywhere here, but HGWT was initially created to be a modern-day show. Paladin would have lived in a New York penthouse, frequenting a newsstand to search for potential clients. However, a CBS exec incorrectly believed he had Randolph Scott lined up for a TV series and told Sam Rolfe to make it a Western (all according to an article in Film Fax magazine a few years ago).