Sign Of The Apocalypse

Boot_Hill

[1]Jun 16, 2006
    • level: 11
    I've just read that rap star Eminem will be starring in a remake of  Have Gun, Will Travel. Oh, man. This will probably be as bad as the Will Smith version of The Wild Wild West. But maybe it will spark an interest in the original series. That would be nice.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lobomensch

[2]Jun 18, 2006
    • level: 51
    When I read that announcement, I almost puked. Wrote about it on my blog here. I'd like to spit in the face of whoever at Paramount thought this was a good idea.

jokipper

[3]Jul 3, 2006
    • level: 50
    The lunacy of Hollywood never fails to astound me. They grasp onto old classics, change the details that made them classics to begin with, then add pop stars to draw in the casual moviegoers.
    Eminem is likely to contribute to the soundtrack, so I can imagine what sort of horrible mess this movie will turn out to be. Fans of the tv show will probably want to avoid seeing it at all.

dude6363

[4]Feb 7, 2008
    • level: 60
    Actor's are dime a dozen and hollywood is excellent at casting, as casting is second to plot. I think, if Eminem does follow through, he's going to not screw around and do well, to his ability. It's a risky move and Paramount knows his reputation but cast him anyway. This leads me to believe this isn't neccesarily a bad thing.

Mad_Buck

[5]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 79
    Sorry, but Richard Boone was a real man and a great actor. Eminem is nothing but a limp-wristed pansy who occasionally beats up on women because he knows that any man would kick his ass. This remake is likely to make the movie version of Wild Wild West look like a classic.

tvking1

[6]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 42
    As I wrote on another forum here, I read that the movie will be a contemporary version, and Paladin will be a bounty hunter. Click here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Have_Gun_Will_Travel . The original Paladin was noble, and used his gun only when necessary, and only if the case was just. For instance, he didn't run people off their land so land barons could take it. Somehow, I doubt Eminem's Paladin will be like that.