WHEN WILL NEW DVDs BE RELEASED?

cowpoke91

[1]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 1

Does anyone know when Seasons 4,5,6 of Have Gun Will Travel will be released on DVD? The first three seasons were released May 2004, May 2005 and Jan. 2006. Since then NOTHING. What gives?

Thanks for any input.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jamoon2006

[2]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 36

My guess would be low sales of the first three seasons are keeping the remaining years off shelves. Paramount/CBS have a pretty good track record about finishing shows on DVD and they have been regularly releasing other 1950s/1960s TV westerns (Rawhide and Gunsmoke are each up to their third seasons on DVD.) Maybe HGWT didn't sell enough to keep it going.

There may be some hope - recently companies like Shout! Factory and others have picked up "abandoned" shows and continued their release on DVD - Adam-12 is an example. Maybe Paramount would license out HGWT to one of these companies for release of Seasons 4-6. Personally, I hope those episodes come out. I've only recently gotten into the show, but I love it! I have three seasons to work through, but it would be nice to see the whole series.

dkhenderson1

[3]Nov 11, 2008
    • level: 37

I, too, would dearly love to see the rest of the seasons come out. I got on to this show largely by accident, but I became an instant addict. Anyone know just who to write to in order to ask about it? To beg, to plead, to grovel...to threaten their miserable little lives? Maybe they needed to advertise it more, because this is a seriously excellent show.

Paladin: Quantity is never a worthy substitute for quality.

daveblyth

[4]May 18, 2009
    • level: 15

I have recently purchased the first two seasons of this show on DVD - will be purchasing the third in the near future. The episodes I've watched so far of season 1 I've thoroughly enjoyed and am pleasantly surprised the how well the storylines have stood the test of half a century of time.

I remember watching some episodes of HGWT when growing up in the UK in the early 60's - when parents would allow me to sit up.

Would love to exchange memories and views on this show and other TV Westerns of that era.

NiteWatch

[5]Dec 16, 2009
    • level: 66
    I just heard that there are plans to release season 4. Hopefully the sales will be high enough for seasons 5 and 6 to follow.

dkhenderson1

[6]Feb 21, 2010
    • level: 37
    The first half of Season Four is scheduled for March, the first or second Tuesday. Yee Hah!!!!!!

mrterrific729

[7]Mar 1, 2010

I also just got into this show. (Thanks to the mini-marathon on Encore /Westerns.)

I got the first three seasons last week. Guess I'll be ordering Vol. 1 of Season 4 soon, though I do kind of resent having to wait for the rest of the season.

Edited on 03/01/2010 9:18am

mrterrific729

[8]Apr 23, 2010

I understand Season 4/ Vol. II will be coming out on July 6.

Of course, Encore/Westerns should be getting into the second half of Season 4 in a couple of weeks (maybe less).

I'll have to buy it anyway; want to eventually get the whole run of the series.

Lattelady

[9]Jul 8, 2010
    • level: 5
    I just bought the first 4 seasons that came out on Tuesday. It arrived today and looks great.

I have been watching it by downloading from Netflix. They have the seasons 5 & 6 for download only. I think I've watched 'Genesis' at least three times.

mrterrific729

[10]Jul 24, 2010

Encore ran Genesis this week. I've run it quite a few times myself. (DVR-ed it; then transferred to old fashioned VHS tape. I'm an "old tech" kind of guy. Too lazy to learn how to record on DVD.)

Find that I'm spending a lot of time running my favorite episodes from the first half of Season 4DVD. Waiting for the second half, even though I have all of those eps on tape already. (Thursday's my birthday, and I know my wife got Season 4, Vol. II for me.)